General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread
Old 10-30-2007, 08:32 PM   #11
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Ronm
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I think the question is valid, and I would also like to see the answers.
I'm sure some folks on RCC have some experience with claims for their destroyed RC equipment, whether by fire, or maybe in a car accident?
How about theft? :
Ron Mattiuz

Flying Tigers RC Club
"Flying an airplane is just like riding a bike...except it's harder to put cards in the spokes"
ronm is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 10-31-2007, 12:34 AM   #12
I am: JimmyD
Radio of choice:
JETI Duplex DS-16
# of RCs: 6

Total Props: 16
Originally Posted by chrispare46
not to be an a$$ here but before you tell me to search old threads try typing in (home insurance ) or something along those lines!
GOOD now you see the S@$* that comes up, nothing even close.
without spending hours trying to find something it is much easier to ASK for help! Knowing that there is alot of knowledge on this board,and DEDICATED people in this hobby.

thank you

Come on folks, lets be courtious to our fellow RC'ers. I know this is as old as the hills but my dear sainted mother use to say: "If you haven't got anything nice to say, then please don't say anything!"
You are absolutely right Chris sometimes using the Search function doesn't get you any closer to what you are asking about.

Sorry my first post was a sad attempt at humour and not intended to slight your initial post.

Perhaps though your Insurance Agent can answer that one better then anyone here as he knows the particulars of your policy. It would be interesting to find out because I have been under the assumption tha $100,000.00 worth of contents coverage was for whatever was in my house at the time of say a fire. Wether it is $10,000.00 worth of modeling equipment or $10,000.00 worth of clothes should not matter, it all needs to be replaced.

Hey Chris will you be at the meeting on 07 November?
Jim Daly
IMAC Sequence Committee Member
Your Friendly Neighborhood SouthEast Zone Director
MAAC #14323L IMAC #3678
scaleguy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-31-2007, 05:47 AM   #13
Randy Brown
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Randy Brown

Total Props: 0
Mine his covered threw my house Ins.. found out years ago because it happen to me
Randy Brown
MAAC 45752L
Team Airtronics
Randy Brown is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-31-2007, 04:41 PM   #14
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Dennis M
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 14

Total Props: 7
I would check with the company but I have huge standard "contents" coverage and if they refused to cover "contents" I would be furious and take it up as many levels as necessary. Unless specifically excluded or illegal items I don't see how it can be excluded. Some policies limit the worth of any one item or "collections" and certain items such as jewellry without a rider but I have never seen RC equipment excluded in my policies.
4*60 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-31-2007, 07:28 PM   #15
Gary Maker
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Gary M.
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX8
# of RCs: 7

Total Props: 9
I wouldn't take it for granted that because you have these items in your home that they would be automatically covered under your content insurance. Valueable collections of anything are out of the ordinary especially something like RC airplanes and support equipment. Like the example I gave earlier, you may even shock yourself if you stop and tally up just how many $$ worth of RC stuff that you actually have. Imagine a broker hearing that you had $15,000.00 worth of "toy airplanes" in your home that your claiming.

We can hash this back and forth for pages and pages on this forem but the best advise is to contact your insurance company BEFORE you have an incident and make sure you are covered and if need be purchase the necessary riders to assure your investment is secured.

Now that being said, a friend of mine had purchased a brand new Patty Wagstaff Extra 300 complete with brand new engine, electronic gear and the works. He was taking it to the field for its maden flight when he was "creamed" from the rear while stopped at a red light by a guy who hit him full bore. He wasn't hurt but his Van and the new Airplane was totally demolished, a writeoff! His auto insurance fully covered him and he got another van and another brand new airplane out of the deal. So..go figure! Spin the wheel and take your chances! Still all in all, don't take it for granted...make sure you are covered!
Stoney Creek Hawks RC
MAAC No. 43659

Radios used: Spektrum DX6i
Current builds: 1/4 scale J3 Cub & Neiuport 17 and KMP B-25.
Currently flying: Scratched Tele 40, Parkzone Stryker & 60" SPAD Debonaire

"Time flies like an arrow - fruit flys like a banana." Groucho Marks
Gary Maker is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.