RTF ??? Not! - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Heli Discussion Discuss general topics on rotary wing aircraft, including construction, Servo's, Gryo's and Stabilizer discussions. Heli Pro Shop

Closed Thread
Old 11-05-2007, 06:49 AM   #1
RCC Apprentice

Total Props: 0
RTF ??? Not!

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I was torn as to whether to put this in this section or the beginners/newbies section. I think I'll post here. I also apologize for the length of this fist post on this forum.

This weekend I went to the Toronto Hobby Show and bought my first R/C and went for a Honey Bee King 2. I have been practising on the Real Flight R/C Sim for a bit not that long really. I researched and was thinking between the AXE CP+, the Venom Night Ranger 3D and this one. I wanted something something I could learn on and upgrade to 3D with out having to but another copter.

Soooo! Get it home and I found out it was not as Ready To Fly as they actually say. First; the manual was very basic. I went to the H-B King 2 website at http://www.twf-sz.com/english/products.asp?prodid=0198
downloaded and printed it. I read it it a couple of times, whilst the battery was charging up.

Second; What are these two bars loose along the tail shaft, why is the rear horizontal fin not set and why are the rotors loose??? Hmm! Need a little more research. Not really ready to fly outta the box.

Third; Went online to search for the Honey Bee King 2 set up guides. YouTube has a good selection of video to help you along. Actually the 5 part series from subzzzzzzzero was a great help with me setting up the heli. Also found a training site called "Radd's School of Rotary Flight" Also very helpful.

Fourth; Battery was charged, installed and put on my training gear, although Radd doesn't recommend it for the first time, I'm still a bit hesitant, (*small note* I'm flying in my condominium dining room). I then went through the first three video's from subzzzzzzzero, again, a little bit of reading from Radd and did all my checks and four hours later..... are you ready for this??? Wait.....
I was hovering!!!!! A little shaky but I did it.

So...in brief; Look for and upgraded manual, check online for any set up and additional instruction aid and but a couple of extra batteries, because 9 minutes of fly time is just not enough.

Now just have to check out some places to fly such as clubs and such.

Happy Flyin' All!

Quhaine is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:01 PM   #2
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56
Sounds like you have done your homework well.
Lucky for you, Toronto has one of the best helicopter clubs in the world! Check them out here http://www.rcheli.ca/index.php
PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:49 PM   #3
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Chang P
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 50+

Total Props: 50
The HB King 2 is a great heli, personally I think it puts the Axe CP and Blade CP to shame. First it is built much more solidly, second it is belt driven so no more tail motor and third the parts are cheaper.

You can get a set of stock esky made blades for $9, the stock blade CP blades are exactly twice as much. The ironic thing is that they're probably made in the same factory in China....

If you're looking for stock or upgrade parts look on ebay for "Gadgets and Collectables Canada", he is in Ontario and will treat you right.

One thing to note though is that as good as the stock heli is it has one glaring problem, the stock brushed motor really sucks and there have been reports of it failing anywhere from your 3rd to your 20th flight. I'd suggest upgrading to the 3900 or 3800kv motor asap, it will cost you another $50 (you also have to get a new esc) but definitely worth it.

I have an upgraded king2 and a belt cp (also from esky) so if you have any questions or need some help just pm me.
waylander is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.