UPS/Fed Ex Brokerage Racket - Page 3 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread
Old 12-11-2007, 10:24 PM   #21
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: Greg P

Total Props: 0
Thats sensible

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Originally Posted by Ty Yoon
When I say refuse I really meant that you actually tell the delivery guy that you want to broker the package as he is standing on your door step. He will return the package to their wharehouse and they will phone you when the paperwork is ready for pickup. I have done this dozens of times, no problem.
I have brokered a few motorcycles the same way. Shipped self cleared to the trucking company and picked the paperwork up, payed the tax and picked up the item.
What goes up.
Seafury is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 12-12-2007, 09:32 AM   #22
RCC Apprentice
I am: Gary Droppo

Total Props: 1
I have (once only) ordered something for a motorcycle and paid the exhorbitant "brokerage" fee from UPS - $28 on a $300 item! Since that time, there have been man warnings out on motorcycle sites regarding these rip-offs. I would never allow anything to go through them.

Meanwhile, I have ordered lots of books through AMAZON.COM (note: not the .CA site) and they always come through clean. Always within 2 weeks, sometimes a bit longer, but always well within their promised delivery date. How great is that, to deal with a company that consistently exceeds their promises and doesn't hose you!

Other items, such as r/c equipment, will come through OK via the normal post, as well.
deerslayer is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-12-2007, 09:49 AM   #23
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: P P

Total Props: 1
The thing that gets me is them sending a bill after the fact.....then you don't have the option to send it back or broker it yourself. Why does the amount vary with the value? Does the paperwork really get more involved as the product gets more expensive? I believe if the value is under 20$ there is no brokerage. I have ordered all sorts of stuff from China and Hong Kong and never paid taxes or brokerage. Which country is it we have free trade with again?
bugsmasher is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-12-2007, 10:42 AM   #24
Mike Emilio
RCC Pro Contributor

Once called "duty", now called "brokerage fee".

Welcome to NAFTA! (North Atlantic Free Trade Agreement)

One might think they are getting a bargain buying in the US, but go over the boarded and any savings are quickly blown to bits in charges, fees, taxes, on and on. . .
Mike Emilio is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-12-2007, 02:46 PM   #25
RCC Contributor

Originally Posted by bugsmasher
I have ordered all sorts of stuff from China and Hong Kong and never paid taxes or brokerage. Which country is it we have free trade with again?
Ya i try to order stuff from China and Hong Kong when i can, cause u never know if u get dinged at the border.

I had a package come from the states and they said they were shipping USPS and they shipped UPS, what a bunch of A$$es
Sitting and trying to finish my lear while my leg heals!
Hirobo Sceadu 50 Evolution - converted to Electric.
Kavan Alouette 2 - collecting dust.
Heli-Max MX400 EP (March 14 2008 )
Great Planes LEAR JET Kit (Build started Feb 7 ).
Herr Cessna 180,1/2A ( completed June 5 ).
Nemesis is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.