Cularis set-up - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Sailplanes / Electro-gliders Discuss quiet flight in Canada.

Closed Thread
Old 12-26-2007, 07:16 PM   #1
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: Kai S

Total Props: 1
Cularis set-up

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
As I said before I wanted to set-up my Cularis with Butterfly,chamber and crow mixing- but ran in to a snag using my Futaba T9CAP because I did not want to give up my throttle control on the stick for a switch and the same for the flaps that I had set-up on a slider witch is a lot nicer than a switch- so I asked the technician at Futaba for help and got the"Recipie" so if any of you are using the same radio and flying a "Full House" El Glider you got it here:

Here is the information you requested.

A. First let's start with a blank model and set your type as ACRO. We will do this as if you have an 8 channel receiver. At the bottom (B) will be an explanation of the setup with a 7 channel receiver.

Servo setup:
Channel 1-right aileron
Channel 2-elevator
Channel 3-throttle
Channel 4-rudder
Channel 5-Blank
Channel 6-left aileron
Channel 7-left flap
Channel 8-right flap

1. The first step will be to activate Flaperon setting your percentages as needed. Next you will need to activate Flap Trim at least by 5%.

2. You will need to go into your Ele-Flp mix and activate it, when setting your rates this will be personal choice, and these may need to be adjusted later.

3. Next you will need to set up Airbrake, go into the Airbrake menu, make it active and set the percentages as needed. You will want to assign this to switch C in the Down position.

4. Now you will want to mix each flap servo so that it moves in conjunction with the Airbrake function by doing an "Offset" mix. Go into Pmix 1, make it active, with the master as Offset and the slave as Aux 1. Assign this to switch C in the Down position, set your desired percentage and close the menu.

5. You will need to do the same mix as above with your second Flap servo, so go into Pmix 2, make it active, with the master as Offset, and this time the slave will be Aux 2. Again assign this to switch C in the Down position and set you desired rates.

6. You will also need to do a Pmix 3, between Aux1 as master and Aux2 as slave, with Link ON, and the switch assignment Null, at +100% both ways if you are going to want your Flap servos to operate off your left slider. So let's do this one now and we will assign it to the slider in a moment.

7. Once you have Pmix 3 set up and activated, you will want to move on to Pmix 4, which will mix your elevator to your rudder to prevent adverse pitch couple. Go into Pmix 4, make it active, and make Rudder the master with Elevator the slave, you will leave Trim and Link off and leave the switch assignment Null, on the next page you will again want to set up your rates as needed per your model.

8. Next we will do a Rudder to Aileron mix which will help reduce adverse roll. Go into Pmix 5, make it active and use Rudder as master and Aileron as slave, with Link on and Trim off, assign this to switch H in the Down position, and then again set your desired percentages.

9. Now we will get to the Full Span Aileron mix for you. Mixes 6 and 7 are Linear mixes, but will work well for this. Going into Pmix 6, activate it and set Aileron as master and Aux1 as slave. Put this on switch H in the Down position, and going to the second page, set your rates as either + or - 100% for the 1st rate, = or - 50% for the 2nd rate, 0% for the 3rd rate, then set 4 and 5 for the opposite of what you set 1 and 2. Below is an example. You may need to make these rates either negative or positive compared to this example, depending on the positioning of your servos in your plane.

1st= +100%
2nd= +50%
3rd = 0%
4th = -50%
5th = -100%
5th = -100%

10. Your last Pmix 7, will be the same as above but you will have the slave as Aux2, put this to the same switch and your rates may need to be adjusted, if your servos are not moving in the correct manner, try using a negative rate instead of positive, or vice versa.

Now for the Flaps on your slider...first you will want to make sure that you adjust your linkage on your servos so that the slider all the way up is zero flap and the slider down is full flap. From here you will just need to go into the Basic menu into Aux Channel and assign channel 7 to VRD. You can leave channel 8 null as you mixed this with channel 7, so just assigning one to VRD will be fine. Please remember though that accidentally moving the slider will move your flaps at any time.

B. If you have a 7 channel receiver, then your receiver set up will be as follows:
Channel 1-right aileron
Channel 2-elevator
Channel 3-throttle
Channel 4-rudder
Channel 5-right flap
Channel 6-left aileron
Channel 7-left flap

Now you will follow all steps above, substituting Channel 5 with AUX 2 (channel wherever shown! Then to set your flaps on your left slider, simply go into the main menu into AUX-CH and assign both channel 5 and channel 7 to VR-D.
MAAC #71653
sorkai is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.