Hate Knitting; Want to Build! - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Beginners / Newbies Interested in getting in the hobby. Not sure where to start. Post your questions here and one of the RCCanada experts will be glad to help you out!

Closed Thread
Old 01-21-2008, 10:31 PM   #11
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Leslie S

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Thankyou everyone for noticing my very first post. Thankyou for your kind replies.
Perhaps when I fly, I'll try the spad concept. For now though, I wish to try the balsa wood building. I want to try forming it; cutting and sanding and using "dope".
I'm going to start this weekend, with Guy's help and yours, if I need to ask it of you.

By the way, Green@3D, I'm living 2hrs Northwest of Edmonton. And what does "Bahahahaha" mean? Is that a laugh, or a cry?

Leslie is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 01-22-2008, 09:19 AM   #12
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Jim McIntyre
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 999

Total Props: 1
Originally Posted by benjhind
Originally Posted by JimMcIntyre
BTW, Balsa flys best!
Maybe... Maybe not
When I see coro winning at indoor duration, I'll believe it.

MAAC# 12719
Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere - (If it ain't broke, don't fix it).
JimMcIntyre is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-22-2008, 10:15 AM   #13
RCC Supreme Contributor

Got me there, Jim!
Ben Hindmarsh

"I keep planting planes, but they just won't grow!"
benjhind is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-22-2008, 12:06 PM   #14
Ed Smith

I'm going to start this weekend, with Guy's help and yours, if I need to ask it of you.
If you stick at this hobby long enough, one winters production could look like this.

Good Luck

Ed S
  Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-22-2008, 09:49 PM   #15
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: John Davidson
Radio of choice:
EVO(12), Futaba
# of RCs: ?

Let us know how many you have left over after the season. I remember a few years ago building like this and had one trimmed out and in the first race and heat of the year in Regina midaired. Sure spoiled the day for points.
Good luck on the year for going fast and turning left.
ps: Nice looking aircraft.
John Davidson
Keep the shiny side up and the wheels down
Vulcan1 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-25-2008, 11:57 AM   #16
Scale Freak
RCC Contributor
I am: Daniel M

Hello and as others have said, welcome to the hobby!
I am currently indroducing my girlfriend to RC and teaching her to fly as well.
I find building to be very rewarding, even tho it is hard at times to wait for drying glue, (I am limiting the use of CA to when absolutely necessary and use white and gorilla type glue mainly).
Start off with simple designs and work your way up, I am currently building a Top Flight C182 and it pays off to have experiance with these types of kits.
The thing is to gain experiance and with each level you attain, the patience to do things in the right sequence and not try to 'jump the gun' will pay off and you will feel accomplishment and not be discouraged to the point where you give up.
I am in Edmonton, so if you every get down this way let me know and you have a standing invite to visit.
Do not ever think that you are a bother, most of us here cherish the opportunaty to divulge any and all experiance and advice to those willing to listen.
Can I retire now?
Scale Freak is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.