FS One + Futaba &CAP = PLEASE HELP - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Flight Simulators Discuss flight sims.

Closed Thread
Old 02-03-2009, 11:57 PM   #11
RCC Apprentice
I am: D S

Total Props: 0
Re: FS One + Futaba &CAP = PLEASE HELP

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hi Guys,

I've been running FS One with a T7CAP for about 1.5 yrs so I'm happy to help if you're still following this. To encourage you, this is a great way to use the program IMHO.

- I think you need the xtal installed (can't remember for sure but I'm pretty sure you need it)

- you need to extend the antenna at least bottom 3 sections so the Tx circuit board doesn't overheat (apparently, but I operated with it retracted fpr quite a while before I learned this ... with no problems)

- the transmitter does not power on automatically and you can turn it off or on at any time (helps to save battery because the Tx battery doesn't charge while using the program)

- Tx should be set on PPM and it does not matter if on heli or fixed wing (you can and should use both depending on what you are flying)

- to use your own transmitter,you'll have to set things up before you can fly. These things are outlined really well and in great detail in the FS One FAQ on the subject at the following link
http://www.inertiasoft.com/fsonefaq/...html#Q1028-FS1 (this is for a T9CAP but it's the same steps for T7C)

- The above step will get you set up and calibrated for whatever aircraft you have chosen. Note that you will have to repeat this setup for each of the aircraft that you want to use. It is pretty fast and easy when you get used to it because you can copy the 'Tx' setup that you just did and rename it if you like (so pick a complicated model with flaps and gear for the first setup).

- a pretty common problem that some run into is not having calibrated the Tx in the program and then nothing makes sense.

- be sure that you have downloaded and installed the latest FS One patch from the FS One website. Also download the latest audio driver for your computer sound card.

- lastly, enjoy! Post back here to let us know how it went.

Good luck,
Albatross1 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 02-04-2009, 12:27 AM   #12
RCC Apprentice
I am: D S

Total Props: 0
Re: FS One + Futaba &CAP = PLEASE HELP

Sorry, I just clicked the link that Moo gave you so you've seen the FAQ and probably got through all of this already. Did you?
Albatross1 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.