Cheap fuel at Canadian Tire! - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread
Old 02-02-2008, 07:57 PM   #11
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: wayne b

Total Props: 5

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Lets look at it in a postive light... they are recognizing RC as a viable market segment and are supporting it. Informed consumers will know where to get the best value on fuel. If the kids with money want to pay those prices, fine! Not going to affect any of us.....

On top of that, it will be like 7-11...expensive, but always available if you get caught short. It is a pretty safe bet that most people live closer to a CT than a hobby shop (for occasional emergency convenience purchases...)
There aren't enough days in the weekend. -- Steven Wright
Wayne22 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 02-03-2008, 07:58 AM   #12
Ed Smith

Total Props: 0
Does it state the Nitro content, or is that too technical for Canadian tire? Do not even thing of asking a store clerk, if you can find one that is.

At that price I can sell my fuel stock and retire in comfort.

Ed S
  Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-03-2008, 10:13 AM   #13
RCC Contributor
I am: Jim M

Total Props: 14
Interesting .. is there a Wildcat stockist in the Toronto-Ottawa region who might bring in a jug of 65% on request?
Applehoney is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-03-2008, 10:26 AM   #14

Total Props: 1
Originally Posted by Applehoney
Interesting .. is there a Wildcat stockist in the Toronto-Ottawa region who might bring in a jug of 65% on request?

The fuel for these cars is only 20% nitro. And with oil content at 14% makes it less than our glow fuel at 16-18%.

Nitro XRC fuel is available in 20% NITRO formula. Specifically designed for use in Hasbro Nitro XRC vehicles to provide optimum power and engine longevity. The oil content is 14% and is a blend of synthetic and degummed racing castor. WILDCAT'S oil content is on average 40% greater than most R/C car fuels. This greater oil content provides superior protection and power.

Obviously, a different breed of fuel. Smaller amounts to be sold demand a higher price, hence the $80 a u.s. gallon. Then again, I've found Traxxas 20% at $30/gal. Oil content is the variable here. Less is more. lol.
voyager_663rd is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-03-2008, 03:35 PM   #15
Mike Emilio
RCC Pro Contributor

Originally Posted by byrocat
Stale fuel? this isn't CA glue we're talking about here, and it hasn't bee opened.
The CTC stuff appears to be in a white transluscent container, but keep in mind that nitro is also light sensitive. Extensive over exposure to light will eventually degrade the nitro content as if it was almost never there.
If it sat on the store shelf for much over a year, I'll bet a percentage of the nitro has degraded.
Mike Emilio is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-03-2008, 11:27 PM   #16
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: eric q
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: too

Total Props: 26
I see your point and hope that it stays in the cardboard box it was shipped in, except for several bottles on the shelf. (and not too much sunlight in Cantire stores )

No worries, they aren't stocking it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wildstock_556.png
Views:	189
Size:	11.6 KB
ID:	30147  
desiderantes meliorem patriam
To err is human, to moo is bovine
moo is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-04-2008, 08:26 AM   #17
Ed Smith

Same in Brantford and Paris.

Typical Canadian Tire. Having sold you the buggy you are on your own for fuel.

Ed S
  Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.