Flying Wing - SWIFT II Setup - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Sailplanes / Electro-gliders Discuss quiet flight in Canada.

Closed Thread
Old 02-19-2008, 06:54 PM   #1
RCC Noob

Total Props: 0
Flying Wing - SWIFT II Setup

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!

Has anyone configured at SWIFT II Flying wing for slope soaring yet? I have setup the wing and was wondering if anyone has played with one yet and has a tuned setup....w/o electric engine.

Thank You,
kspangler is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 04-07-2008, 06:51 PM   #2
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: Kai S

Total Props: 1
Slope Soaring

Hi Karl- If you are interested in Slope soaring here is a beautyful site called Jart World you will enjoy- the guy has made his own design for a sloper and will even give you a set of personalized plans for free-The owners of Jarts has become a fraternaty world wide and on the site it has all sorts of building treads- I am even considering making one with el power since slopes are far between here in soutwestern ontario- and he told me if I did it would be a first!-

To change the subject!- many years ago I had a friend in London and believe he moved to Kitchener with the name of Torben Spangler I went to trade school with him in Denmark any relation by any chance??-
with names like Karl and Spangler you got to be a Viking!

Site address:
MAAC #71653
sorkai is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-07-2008, 08:16 PM   #3
RCC Noob

Total Props: 0

Yes, my father is Torben Spangler...small world. It would be great to get your contact information for both myself and him!

In any case, I have seen the JART before and love the design. You are right about the lack of slope soaring sites in SWO, however I have 3 locations near enough to me that I spend 1/2 of my time at the slope and the other half thermaling on the sod farm.

It would be wonderful to hear from you. You are welcome to continue our discussion via my personal e-mail address ->

Your fellow viking slop soaring near Bayfield ON, July 2007. Please see attached image.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0805_122.png
Views:	95
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	31989  
kspangler is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.