RCC Hurray! Ebay Booooo! - Page 3 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread
Old 02-25-2008, 07:33 PM   #21
RCC Contributor

Total Props: 0
Re: RCC Hurray! Ebay Booooo!

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Originally Posted by LGM Guitars
Originally Posted by jpmodels

This exact combo (with no engine history listed) sold on RCC earlier in the week for $550 in less than 5 hours.

You're making assumptions, I bought that engine that was listed for $550, but I didn't pay $550 for it. I made an offer that was accepted and fair, but it wasn't $550.
Fair point. I did assume. I expected that if you had reached a deal through PM's, the seller would have posted "sold".

Thanks for clarification.
If you're not part of the solution... you may be insoluble!
jpmodels is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 02-25-2008, 09:17 PM   #22
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56
No worries, I'm sending you a PM.
PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-04-2008, 05:34 PM   #23
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Colin Munkley
Radio of choice:
Jr 12X mode 1
# of RCs: 12+

Total Props: 0
Originally Posted by wingburner
I watched this engine for 4 days...I don't believe the gentleman that won it sent a spoof e-mail..He had well over 200 excellent feedback...

My thoughts are it was done by the seller because he didn't get the price he was looking for.

Sorry guys, but this just reads and smells a scam by the seller.

I also watched with interest this engine, not only did I watch but I also bid too, now the bid I made was beaten by only $5.00 so $445.00 was my bid, other bids were made by the same two or three bidders, I have bought and sold on E-bay lots too, you had the second chance option even if E-bay had cancelled the auction. The fact is I bid on the engine all I was prepared to pay for it based on buying a new 50 CC gasser (for the new Extreme Flight Extra I have ordered) on the price of a DL 50 with ignition, pipe and stand off’s that’s not to say that the DL is in the same class as a DA I know I have had and have both but the DL is proving to be a good choice and as such used DA 50’s are going to have to be priced right to sell against them.
I recently tried to sell a used DA50 with a can and header stand off’s and ignition on RCC but it did not sell so I bought an airframe for it. My point it this if you had wanted to sell the DA, included in my profile on E-bay is an E-mail address you could have contacted me and arranged a sale, E-bay emphatically urges people not to deal outside of their auctions as any scam or fraud would be on the seller, and no recourse be on E-bay, so you are within your rights to not do that, however I have to agree with Jack this is a bit fishy at best!!! The motor is now sold so it really does not matter.
This site is the best site bar non on the WWW,because we are pretty much local, what I mean is gear does not have to come from the U.S and E-bay is too risky a selling place now, it is easy to check out prices guy’s are prepared to pay on this site but when the selling price is less than what you want to sell it for either withdraw it or take it up the backside and sell it. I am not saying you did it on purpose but it looks a little fishy that’s all…I have to say I don’t think I have seen Jack post a malicious thread or response on here like him I am just expressing my opinion that the whole engine sale looks suspicious to guy’s who buy and sell a lot on RCC or E-bay…but well done you got the result you wanted and sold the motor…probably would have been better to post it for sale on here in the first place , I wonder what were your motives for selling on E-bay rather than on RCC in the first place : . Colin.

Edit by me for a spelling error...
When I grow up I want to be a pilot!!
Colyn is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.