Mine!!!!! It's all Mine!!!!!! - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread
Old 02-29-2008, 02:10 PM   #11
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Christopher P.
Radio of choice:

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I was reading this post with interest and thought I would comment.

I moved out of my parents house in the burbs a couple of years ago and after a short time with a room-mate (who was cool with a living room building table) I moved out on my own into a condo downtown Toronto. The place I have now is a 800square footish with a small sun room. I have converted the sun room into my building room. The room is a triangle shape and I have a row of windows across one wall looking out to the waterfront one wall is my bench and the other are two large sliding doors that close off the room to the rest of the condo so when I am sanding or using the air brush I can crack the windows open and close the room off to the rest of th condo.

I don't have a partner so it's great for me, but I am currently building an 80inch ws Balsa Nova and it's a little tight right now. Oh well not much to do with this weather anyway.
rubbie is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 02-29-2008, 06:58 PM   #12
RCC Master Contributor
I am: George S
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 2
I hear ya Geoff. since we moved out to the boonies and into a bigger house I claimed a corner of the unfinished basement as my own. I built myself a big ass building table and bought a pile of building stuff. It's so nice to be able to run down and build for 20 min and just leave it sitting there till you have time again. Best part is the wife has no idea how mutch stuff I have. :P Nice to hear your getting the family involved.

Bye the way are going to Saskatoon for the funfly this year?

Cheers. George
I keep having the same mechanical problem. I've got a loose nut on the transmitter!

G-manz35 AKA. George St.Amant MAAC#75084
g-manz35 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-29-2008, 07:34 PM   #13
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56
Rubbie, watch out for hanger rash lugging everything out to the elevator and then down to the car.

BTDT (Been there, done that)....
PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-29-2008, 08:08 PM   #14
Sonic Boomer
RCC Contributor

building space

Congrats on the new space Geoff, hope you enjoy the time spent there. Over the last 15 yrs I have gone from a corner of the unfinished basement to part of the garage we built at the same time we finished the basement to all of the garage (22x30 but it serves as a general woodworking shop as well as hobby space). Only problem is now that I have a larger space, I am building larger planes, so in a way it still seems cluttered. However, I think I can handle it
Looking forward to seeing you at the prov fun-fly, and yah you too George!!

Robin Boomsma
MAAC 46821
Hub City Radio Control Club
Saskatoon, SK
Sonic Boomer is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-29-2008, 08:38 PM   #15
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: Paul Petrie
Radio of choice:
Futaba 9cSuper
# of RCs: 10+

What? Using the top of the china cabinet as a heliport is a bad thing?? LOL
Maybe i should clear out some space in my workshop
leopard1 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-29-2008, 09:24 PM   #16
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: John Davidson
Radio of choice:
EVO(12), Futaba
# of RCs: ?

Congratulations on your building area. Mine is the double garage attached to the house and it is heated and insulated. It does not matter how much room you have as it always seems to start shrinking very quickly.
Leopard 1,
Are you a Dragoon? I was looking at your clip. I thought Meaford would not be operating anymore. Been a long time since I went to a gun camp.
John Davidson
Keep the shiny side up and the wheels down
Vulcan1 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-01-2008, 12:34 AM   #17
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Geoff B
Radio of choice:
Hitec A9

Total Props: 2
Wow, was away for the day and come back to a ton of replies. Thanks to all, I would have been on the puter earlier but i was busy covering my china models beaver. Imagine that!

George, i see you are out in Tisdale now, i'll be in melfort during easter. Yes i plan on being at the fun fly as long as i can book the time off from work. It's pretty nuts that time of year for me.
Proud owner of a Hitec A9!!

Maac #79113
Flyboy76 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.