CX2 Drift - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Heli Discussion Discuss general topics on rotary wing aircraft, including construction, Servo's, Gryo's and Stabilizer discussions. Heli Pro Shop

Closed Thread
Old 03-16-2008, 05:15 PM   #1
cdn beaver
RCC Noob

Total Props: 0
CX2 Drift

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!

I cant seem to get the nose of my new CX2 to stop drifting to the right in hover. I have adjusted the main motor proportional mix trimmer pot all the way counterclockwise, and I still need full trim and a small amount of left rudder input to keep the heli from rotating cockwise.

Im very very new at this (my second day) so I may be a complete retard and have missed something.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
cdn beaver is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 03-16-2008, 06:18 PM   #2
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56
great little heli got my Gf one yesturday.
we havent had a problem like that with hers.
right out of the box with a stable hover.
you might want to take it back and exchange it.

sorry i couldnt help .

have fun and welcome to the money pit hobby.
PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-16-2008, 07:37 PM   #3
Steve Sanderson
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Steve S

hi did you unplug and ajust and plug back in. the control will not adjust unless you unplug and reconect the battery.

I had the same problem with mine

Hope this helps

Steve Sanderson is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-16-2008, 09:27 PM   #4
cdn beaver
RCC Noob

Hello and thanks for the replies.

When I was adjusting the pot, I would unplug the battery, adjust and try again.

As for taking it back....the rear body is showing a few signs of use

In typical newbie fashion, I've been using several batteries to fly as much as possible, and have replaced 2 blades, and the rear body is cracked around the little wings. When I purchased the heli, I bought extra blades and in preparation. I also have a new carbon fiber tail coming in the mail so Im not too worried about the rear body.

Thanks again for the help, and if anybody else has any suggestions, I would love to hear them.
cdn beaver is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-17-2008, 12:39 PM   #5
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★
I am: Gordon
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX9 BE, DX3R & DX3S
# of RCs: 30

Total Props: 3
Usually, adjusting the proportion pot will correct any drifting of the nose. Check that the main inner shaft rotating freely. Is the main shaft bent? If you recently replaced either blade, make sure they snap together tightly.

Hope this helps...

Good luck,

Enter the World of Ballroom Dance...
All for One, One for All...

RC: Nitro and Electric Helicopters, Planes, Cars, and Trucks; Non-RC: Ballroom Dance and Fencing!

MAAC 77725
Jiver is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-17-2008, 01:46 PM   #6
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Chang P
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 50+

Total Props: 50
check for any binding of the shafts, make sure the bearings are all greased properly.... if nothing else works it may just be a bad motor.
waylander is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-17-2008, 03:15 PM   #7
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: Al E

Total Props: 3
not sure about the cx2, but when the original cx came on the market, there were a lot of people complaining about tail drift after a couple minutes of flight when the electronic components heated up.

Forget exactly which component in the 3 in 1, but it was solved by cutting cooling inlet and outlet holes in the canopy. some people even went as far as to remove the case of the 3 in 1 to solve it.
Papa Sharptooth

Bouncing about the living room, my then three year old grandson declared himself "a kangaroo".
"If you're a Kangaroo, what is Grampie", I ask.
His reply: "you a dinosaur"
astrofler is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-15-2009, 09:54 AM   #8
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Harold L MAAC 77951
Radio of choice:
Futaba 8FG
# of RCs: 30

Total Props: 1
Re: CX2 Drift

If the heli is drifting left rather than spinning you might want to check the control linkage adjustment from the servo. If you move your right stick sideways you can tell whuch sevo it is. If you need to adj just remove the front canopy release the rod from the ball socket from the swashplate and turn the rod end counterclockwise-lengthening the rod. Try one turn at a time. I,m new to helis too and bought a used cx2 and all the links were way out. Im not done trimming yet but at least it flies now! Hope this helps Fairplane
fairplane is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-15-2009, 10:15 AM   #9
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Emery D
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 20+

Hi have you tried putting the trim lever for the rudder all the way to the right and with the transmitter turn on than plugging the battery in on the heli and waiting for it to initialize and than moving the trim lever all the way to the left I have used this as a means of gaining more trim on the rudder
Emdry is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-23-2009, 08:20 PM   #10
RCC Apprentice
I am: wayne

what i wound up doing after lots of experiments was throwing my cx2 in the garbage after i got my mcx. this machene is less than half the sise and flys twice as good
helicoptaholic is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.