Old 04-14-2008, 11:48 AM   #111
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Colin Munkley
Radio of choice:
Jr 12X mode 1
# of RCs: 12+

Total Props: 0
Re: And we're back!

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hi Jason thanks I'll try that, but when I poted this morning I could not even see the post when I submitted it as it locked up my pc, I also use mulitple computers throughout the day so ????? the pc I used today was off the back of a fresh install of the os??? Thnaks colin.
When I grow up I want to be a pilot!!
Colyn is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 04-14-2008, 11:51 AM   #112
Wayne MIller
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Wayne MIller
Radio of choice:
Hitec A9 JR 9303
# of RCs: 19

Total Props: 8

Hi Jason,

Two things I miss (or can not find) are:

1. List all post for the last 24 hours
2. When replying to the post, you can not scroll down below the entering test window and see the previous post(s). This was useful to check if everything was answered, or if you wanted to use the same wording.

If possible, it would be great if it was reinstated.

The new layout was confusing to me, but I'm starting to get a handle on it.

Thanks for such a great site Jason!

Wayne MIller is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-14-2008, 07:18 PM   #113
Sonic Boomer
RCC Contributor

Smile Re: And we're back!

For atc666 - I did in fact read Jason's first few posts and saw the directions for retreiving my avatar. From my rcc at a glance page, I went to get my old avatar, but only get a solid blue screen with a small white rectangle in the upper left corner with a red x thru it & that's all she wrote. Perhaps there is another way.... Jason can you help ? It's not a big deal, I like my new avatar too

Robin Boomsma
MAAC 46821
Hub City Radio Control Club
Saskatoon, SK
Sonic Boomer is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-14-2008, 07:28 PM   #114
★ Site Supporter ★★ Administrator ★
I am: Curtis H
Radio of choice:

Total Props: 53

Hey Robin,,,, Just do a google search for Sonic the Hedgehog Avatars and you will find lots of downloadable ones. OR give me your email address and I'll send you a real cool one with Sonic in sunglasses.

You can fly Hitec or use the other "low tech" stuff!!

Forum Rules Link
chuebner is online now   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-14-2008, 07:43 PM   #115
I am: JimmyD
Radio of choice:
JETI Duplex DS-16
# of RCs: 6

Total Props: 16

OK I've given it a couple of days but there area few things that are a little confussing.

Previously the thread posts were in order. If you quoted someone then it just put the quote in your post. What I have noticed now is that if you go to post by quoting someone it does not put your post at the end of the last post but branches off of the post you quotted but starts a new branch. So when you post it does not go to the end but sitts theere in the middle.

This is very confusing because I look at the main thread page where it lists the post it shows if a thread has been updfated and puts the name of thelast poster in view as well. when I go to that thread and go last page I would not see the last post from the person indicated but a post from yesterday. If I go up to the top of the page it shows the post history with all the branches and that is where you will find the post. To me this isjust going to make it harder to keep track of what's gong on as there will be thease multithreads all over the place.
Jim Daly
IMAC Sequence Committee Member
Your Friendly Neighborhood SouthEast Zone Director
MAAC #14323L IMAC #3678
scaleguy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-14-2008, 08:32 PM   #116
RCC Supreme Contributor

Jim, check out "User CP" in the top left. Click on "Edit Options" and scroll down to "Thread Display Options". Make sure "Linear - Oldest First" is selected. If its not, do so and don't forget to "Save Changes" at the bottom.

Ben Hindmarsh

"I keep planting planes, but they just won't grow!"
benjhind is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-14-2008, 08:54 PM   #117
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: Adam Clarke
Radio of choice:
JR 9303 2.4
# of RCs: 4

Originally Posted by atc666 View Post
Jason, one other thing, would it be possible to adjust the allowable search terms. Right now if there are any words in your search term shorter that 4 letters it doesnt allow them. This severly hinders the ability to search the forum because there are alot of important details that would be left out. For instance if I wanted to search for " 9C Transmitter" it would not allow "9C" and I would be forced to search for " Transmitter ". Kind of defeats the purpose of a search feature.
Thanks in advance!
????? Please!!!!
Adam Clarke

MAAC# 75232
Aeroworks 75cc Extra 260
DA 85
JR 9303 2.4
atc666 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-15-2008, 01:00 AM   #118
Gary Maker
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Gary M.
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX8
# of RCs: 7

Total Props: 9

Originally Posted by rcpilot View Post
Does anyone else notice that the pages are alot shorter now.

Click on "User CP" in the left hand corner above. Then click on "Edit Options". Scroll down to where it says "Thread Display Options"

Go to the line that says" Number of posts to display per page" Set the number of posts you want to show per page and you will have a page as long as you want! Save your setting and your all set!

Hope this helps my friend!

A lot of the stuff we are looking for is here. Just takes a bit of exploring to find them. I'm really getting to like this new format! It has the ability for a user to setup the site to one's personal preferences. Good stuff!!

Thanks again for all the hard work you done on this site. You certainly must have prepared yourself for such a bombardment of comments, likes and dislikes, questions etc but thanks for putting up with us. I know the feedback is helpful but it does mean an extra workload on your already ton of work and for the most part, its greatly appreciated!
Stoney Creek Hawks RC
MAAC No. 43659

Radios used: Spektrum DX6i
Current builds: 1/4 scale J3 Cub & Neiuport 17 and KMP B-25.
Currently flying: Scratched Tele 40, Parkzone Stryker & 60" SPAD Debonaire

"Time flies like an arrow - fruit flys like a banana." Groucho Marks

Last edited by Gary Maker; 04-15-2008 at 01:08 AM.
Gary Maker is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-15-2008, 05:46 AM   #119
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56

Ok another issue to be addressed to Jason.

In the personal messages section, once you sent the Pm to sender and if you want to add something else to same Pm, we can not go into out box and edit the same message just sent!, now this means to sent another Pm to same sender!, well now that we could only hold 50 messages, how many times can we sent messages to same person over and over in event of missed information?, I am sure there is a control of this on here but i can't figure it out, your help is needed. Thanks

No more editing of sent PMs, No outbox anymore, whats this!!

Other issue i had is getting "timed out while moving from page to page or PM to main forum through server". This has had happened 3 time already, any particular reason Jason.

Last edited by PurgatorY; 04-15-2008 at 06:38 AM.
PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-15-2008, 07:38 AM   #120
Sonic Boomer
RCC Contributor

Yo Curt !! Thank you so much man, I was able (as you can see) to get a new Sonic - even better than the old one. Once again my rcc life is in harmony - never thought to do a search for him, guess that is why friends are important.

Robin Boomsma
MAAC 46821
Hub City Radio Control Club
Saskatoon, SK
Sonic Boomer is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.