Mentors in our lifes - Page 4 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Old 02-15-2011, 04:34 PM   #31
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56
Re: Mentors in our lifes

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Well, I attended my First Fun Fly at Holden on the weekend. I'd like to thank Perry for having this GTG. There were about 18 people in attendance. What a great group of guys, they didn't look at you like you had "stupid" tattooed on your forehead, even if the question had an obvious answer. I can now say that I can put some faces to the names on RC Canada.

Though few knew they were mentoring, just by being there, they had something to offer. The type of RC aircraft they flew, the set-ups, and how they put it all together was well worth the 10 hour drive.

After a day of flying, I headed to Camrose for a "vertical learning curve" education in what Dale Hunter refers to as the "Dungeon". Well it may be a dungeon, but what goes on in that place in nothing short of art. The finished products that come out of that basement are absolutely amazing.

Dale seems pretty humble about his skills as a pilot, and a builder, but a rookie like me heads up the stairs with my head spinning, due to the information handed out. Ha, if anyone gets invited to visit I will warn you, a video camera or a big notebook and shorthand skills would be good things to take with you.

Thanks for taking the time to initiate a rookie like me Dale, you've help create a another OCD RC fanatic.

Oh, I better not forget Merv and his sidekick Russ. Merv, being calm and reserved can settle even the most jittery newbie down. Russ has the ability to get even the most stated personality excite about RC aircraft. I guess they do really compliment each others demeanor.

As I suck at remembering names, and didn't want to look like a nerd writing them all down, I will just give a blanket thanks to all the others that shared their knowledge and enthusiasm on the 12th.

It was refreshing to see comradery and friendships like the North Central Alberta guys do. Thanks for having me.
PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 02-15-2011, 05:58 PM   #32
RCC Expert Contributor
I am: russ h
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 5

Total Props: 0

Originally Posted by What Tree View Post
Russ has the ability to get even the most stated personality excite about RC aircraft.
I think the correct term is carmugeon.
russ is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-15-2011, 06:10 PM   #33

my mentor is Denmac. he helped me alot in this hobby and to him am very greatfull.
  Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-16-2011, 08:45 AM   #34
RCC Apprentice
I am: Greg B

I learned to fly RC when I lived in Swift Current, Sask. I was taught by Glen Chase and Roy Vold of the Swift Wings Flying club, both are excellent flyers and I learned a great deal from them.
Swifty is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.