Selling etiquette revisited - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread
Old 04-17-2008, 04:05 AM   #11
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★
I am: rob m
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 20+

Total Props: 1
Re: Selling etiquette revisited

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
amen to that gary...take care...rob m
rmorhan is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 04-20-2008, 08:00 PM   #12
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Steve H.

Total Props: 2

Lots of good points, Gary the important thing is you give options and you are clear, that is good selling etiquette. Just happened to me again at another site, I offered him his asking first and he's taking a higher offer, drives me nuts!
Hughes500E is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-20-2008, 08:34 PM   #13
Gary Maker
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Gary M.
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX8
# of RCs: 7

Total Props: 9

Hughes500E, I can feel your frustration my friend. The unfortunate thing is, there is not much you can do about it!

Personally, I think that someone who would do something like the fellow you talk about did, is not doing the right thing. He asked a specific price, you said you'd take it, so buddy sees your replay and offers more and the fellow selling overlooks your meeting his terms and sells it to the next guy to make a couple extra dollars.

I honestly believe that what he is doing will one day come back on him and bite him right in the pocket book, and he will know what it feels like to treat others like that.

In the mean time my friend, your best to let it go! Your only hurting yourself to dwelling on something that is out of your control. Deal with folks you somewhat know and can trust. And have the faith that not everyone is like this dude. Take care and all the best my friend!
Stoney Creek Hawks RC
MAAC No. 43659

Radios used: Spektrum DX6i
Current builds: 1/4 scale J3 Cub & Neiuport 17 and KMP B-25.
Currently flying: Scratched Tele 40, Parkzone Stryker & 60" SPAD Debonaire

"Time flies like an arrow - fruit flys like a banana." Groucho Marks
Gary Maker is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-23-2008, 03:57 PM   #14

Total Props: 0

Originally Posted by Hughes500E View Post
After selling and buying a number of items online; my experience has been great but, I recently fell victim to a loss. There is nothing worse than a sore loser but, I really wanted this particular item. I replied to the thread with "I'll take it" only to awake the next morning to learn it was sold to another enthusiast who posted and PM'ed 8 hours after me, I was sore.

I have since decided and recommend that when you sell an item you should be very specific in saying first to post gets it or first to PM gets it or what have you. It would be nice if everyone would be willing to adopt a first to post that way there is no mystery, no failing PM's, no issues..........

Something to think about!
My hat off to a seller of high quality, thank you Hughes500E, the items have arrived safe and sound, today actually 23rd April, well packed, sturdy box, and a more than fair price, maybe I can say thank you personally on my next trip through your town on my way to Kelowna
  Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-23-2008, 09:54 PM   #15

What constitutes selling etiquette? being able to to do all the above mentioned things, or my peeve, totally ignoring enquiries on what you have listed for sale, during my travels around the globe it became evident of the truly wonderful reputation Canadians had of being nice people, why then do we treat each other the way we do, is it too much of an effort to treat each other in country that which we treat others outside country, food for thought???????

what does this have to do with above title?/?? "Attitude"

Probably the wrong place for this, but hey!!!!!!!!
  Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-24-2008, 02:07 PM   #16
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Bruce W

Smile Re: Selling etiquette revisited

A lot of good points here however, not everyone deals the same way. What really pi--es me off are the ones with lame excuses, "I didn't get your PM" is a great one. I'd rather they had the ball$ to say I sold it to the next guy in line or my neighbour bought it .....whatever....just be truthful cause if ya can't be truthful maybe ya should change the way yer doin business. My 2 cents.
MAAC# 44741
PS MAN is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-24-2008, 03:04 PM   #17
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Ron O.

Total Props: 33

I have always given first right of refusal to an item for sale to the first buyer to make contact regardless whether contact is made on the site, by email, or by do otherwise would be less than fair in my opinion....Ron
reo is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.