MAAC Decision on Area 52 / ERCHA - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread
Old 05-06-2008, 08:42 AM   #1
RCC Noob

Total Props: 0
Question MAAC Decision on Area 52 / ERCHA

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I thought there was supposed to be a big powwow a couple of Saturdays ago between MAAC, Area 51, and ERCHA to come to a decision about the field sanction issue.

So far I have not seen or heard anything about how things turned out. Does anyone know what happened if anything?
442 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 05-06-2008, 06:33 PM   #2
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: wayne b

Total Props: 5
Re: MAAC Decision on Area 52 / ERCHA

Did you ask your zone director ??
There aren't enough days in the weekend. -- Steven Wright
Wayne22 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-07-2008, 10:13 AM   #3
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56

The Answer can be found at Area51.

Here is the link:

I think conssesions have been made and people can fly, good thing as summer is here in Alberta !

Nothing more has to be said, Im glad every one has a place to fly and a upgraded field to do it at for a verey reasonable membership fee or if your passing through free with MAAC.
PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-07-2008, 12:44 PM   #4

Total Props: 0

In truth Willy, thats not the case, you really can't believe anything posted over there. The fact is, a temp sanction WAS given to Area 51 from the Saturday the meeting with MAAC happened until ERCHA could poll it's membership, A vote took place regarding a freq sharing agreement. The membership was not comfortable entering into an agreement with Area51 and voted against it.

MAAC was represented at this meeting. MAAC has decided to uphold the 4k no fly zone. AREA 51 is no longer sanctioned and were informed on Saturday. They have not made an announcment and are effectivly lying to thier membership much like they accused ERCHA of doing.

ERCHA has been silent on the issue out of respect for MAAC. We will remain silent as this is no longer an issue between ERCHA and anyone. It is firmly between MAAC and AREA51. AREA 51 does not feel the MAAC rules apply to them unless they are in thier favor and ignore them when they are not.

ERCHA holds a lease on property in the disputed 4k zone, dispite area51's efforts to shut down the club. Area51 needs to get a new field or get the MAAC logos off thier site and declare that they are flying uninsured without MAAC approval.

Area 51 will point out a second resolution they are shoving forth. It is essentially the same as the first with the addition that they would like to charge ERCHA $2000 a year for the field that ERCHA was quoted around $400 a year to lease. AREA 51 indicated all along they were open to getting in the middle of a lease that Leon Luke was requested to investigate on behalf of the ERCHA club (this can be proven in a series of EMAIL from Leon Directly and has been archived) So, the only real change in offer #2 is that they want to bankrupt ERCHA with a 400% markup going into Mike and Leons pockets.

ERCHA's position is that we are going to abide by MAAC's decisions as indicated all along. Leon and Mike must deal with MAAC and leave ERCHA alone. We are not in negotiations as Leon seems to think. ERCHA already voted, so I have to again ask: Are we to continue voting until Leon Luke is satisfied with the result?

The ONLY question remaining is what can be done when a MAAC member(s) continues to behave in ways that are detrimental to ALL MAAC Members? Closing flying fields ANYWHERE in Canada that have been sactioned by MAAC, By Active MAAC Members, Should in my opinion, result in suspension from MAAC altogether.

We will leave it in MAAC's hands. Let's be done with this thread, I have only posted this to correct the information Area 51 has misled you to believe. ERCHA is out of it and AREA 51 needs to deal with MAAC.

eSmith is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-07-2008, 01:15 PM   #5
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Geoff B
Radio of choice:
Hitec A9

Total Props: 2
Thumbs down Re: MAAC Decision on Area 52 / ERCHA

and the saga continues!!!
Proud owner of a Hitec A9!!

Maac #79113
Flyboy76 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.