JR Receivers ?? - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Electronics Discuss radios, chargers, etc...

Closed Thread
Old 05-28-2008, 07:43 PM   #1
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Mike B
Radio of choice:
JR 9503

Total Props: 0
Question JR Receivers ??

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hello everyone.

I have one of the original JR PCM 10 transmitters. It originally came with the NER-910xz receiver using the " Z" type cpu in the PCM receiver.
Several years ago, I purchased a JR Flight Pack # JRPF635 which came with the R700 receiver transmitting via FM Modulation(PPM).
I no longer can get this flight pack and need to get several more receivers.
I listed all the above info in a email and sent it off to Horizon Hobby Support, asking them what are my choices in receivers. I actually got 2 different replies from their support group. Each recommending a different receiver.
The first reply stated i need to use the R-720 receiver, which is FM modulation.
The other reply stated that i need to use the R-790 PCM receiver.
I would like to have PCM or PPM and would chose the R-790 receiver, BUT I don't think this receiver is compatable with my transmitter. I say this because my transmitter uses Z-PCM and the R-790 PCM Receiver is of the S-PCM Circuitry and i dont think it would work.
I do not want to purchase a receiver that is not going to work with my transmitter, and then have to go through any problems in returning the receiver.
Could anybody shed some light as to the compatability of these receivers with my transmitter z-pcm.
Thanks and regards
phattires is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 05-28-2008, 09:24 PM   #2
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: ByronF

Re: JR Receivers ??

If you have successfully used the R700 FM then any JR PPM receiver should work. In JR speak PPM is FM. Wouldn't go with the PCM recommendation because of the Z vs S issue.
Another consideration would be to upgrade the TX module to a newer version that supports S PCM. I have an older 783 that does PPM and both flavours of PCM - S and Z. And this module is swappable with my newer 9303.
With the advent of 2.4 there are a ton of used receivers and tx modules out there for sale. Post a wanted ad here and at RC Universe and somebody will come up with something I am sure. If you are interested I have an older JR NER-327X 7 channel FM receiver you can have for $10 plus postage if that will help you out.
ByronF is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-29-2008, 08:18 PM   #3
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Mike B
Radio of choice:
JR 9503

Thanks ByronF for the reply.
I think with this radio, i will have to stick with using PPM receivers.
Never thought about the RF module like you mentioned. I know the later versions of the 10 came with the ability to choose between the z-pcm , s-pcm and ppm. All these different versions were selectable through the main menu. My version of 10 only gives me selection between pcm (z) and ppm in the main menu, so I am not sure a change in rf module would help as i am not given the s-pcm option in my main menu.
I guess i will have to stick with ppm by using the r700 or r720 receivers.
The radio must be 20 years old, maybe I will have to bite the bullet and upgrade to the 9303 2.4.
Thanks once again
phattires is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-29-2008, 09:53 PM   #4
Ken Currell
I am: Ken Currell
Radio of choice:
Multiplex Royal Evo
# of RCs: 30+

Yup! Here we go again.

IMHO the best fm receiver on the market is the Multiplex FM IPD receiver.

The following is directly from the Multiplex USA site.

The major advantage of the synthesizer is that it can generate any frequency you with to use within a certain band, so it is the equivalent to having all the crystals!
Multiplex has designed these receivers in such a way that is virtually impossible to set up the wrong channel.

They are programmed using a push button and ANY make of positive shift transmitter can be used.
The channel is selected using a button on the Rx, or a button on a parallel programming lead connected to the Rx. To determine the channel, the Tx is switched on with the aerial fully extended. and at a distance of 10m+. The Rx scans the band and detects it's own Tx. You can then operate the Tx controls to check the Rx is responding correctly. Only if this is successful, will the Rx be operated.

Here is the link

They also have a crystal controlled version.
both available in 9 or 12 channel.
Ken Currell is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-29-2008, 09:56 PM   #5
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Kevin King
Radio of choice:
JR 28x
# of RCs: 10+

Total Props: 40

You are correct in that spcm will not recieve a zpcm signal. zpcm is 512 resolution and spcm is 1024 resolution. The radio you have will be able to work correctly with and jr shift ppm/fm reciever from any company (as long as the shift is the same.)

If you are interested I have a 910 z-pcm reciever $15. If you want to buy it let me know.

Its in good shape and still works fine.

Any other questions abour resoultiuo you can let me know.
Kevin King MAAC - 76804
JR Americas - Team Pilot AMR-RC - Designer/ Team Pilot
-----Youtube Channel-----www.j3kphoto.com

Last edited by YoungestPiperCub; 05-29-2008 at 10:00 PM.
YoungestPiperCub is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.