Glorcs Race Summary - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Clubs, RC Tracks, Events & Bashing meets Radio Control Clubs in Canada Radio Control Offroad & Onroad Tracks. RC Car Races, Events & RC Bashing Chat

Closed Thread
Old 06-03-2008, 04:51 AM   #1
RCC Apprentice
I am: Craig B

Total Props: 0
Glorcs Race Summary

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Well, as GLORCS race number one at Full Throttle Raceway heads for the record books I think I can sum the whole weekend up in one word; WOW, that was a weekend no one is going to forget!

The track was in fantastic shape Friday when we arrived and the new lighting around the track made night racing…an illuminating experience. Practice went well Friday night but Mother Nature made her presence felt with rain over night, and I mean RAIN OVERNIGHT. This didn’t stop the machine from rolling on and qualifying started but as we were running the fifth qualifier rain, hail, thunder and lightning swept through. After an hour of rain the track and pits were flooded and everyone went to work. It was great to see so many people stop and pick up a shovel or broom and help out. Pumps and brooms and people slugging water off the track in garbage cans got the track back into great condition quickly and the racing continued. The weather delayed qualifying but we were still able to get through two rounds with the second running under the lights!!

A third qualifier was scheduled for Sunday but as morning came the weather man had AGAIN changed his forecast and was calling for rain. A decision was made to air on the side of caution and we went right to the mains. There was some fantastic racing and the track held up beautifully. Team Losi with Dave Henry dominated both buggy and truggy and we are thinking about changing the MT class to the “Petre Class” as Martin, again, couldn’t be touched and ran away with the “A” main in his Revo.

This was an exceptional weekend and I wanted to take the time to thank Jason fuller and his crew for putting on a great show despite the weather. Considering we got flooded out twice within 5 hours I think it is remarkable that we still got two rounds of qualifying in AND the mains. This weekend there were many great ideas brought to light and it was learning experience for us a series that will help us work towards improving the racing experience for everyone.

Again THANK YOU to everyone who helped out this weekend.

Next stop for GLORCS is going to be #5 Raceway on June 20, 21, 22.
Series Director
Fozy is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.