Closed Thread
Old 06-17-2008, 12:52 PM   #1
RCC Contributor
I am: Bart R.
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 6

Total Props: 1
airhog replacement

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I wonder if anyone can recommend a small epp foam, for 2.4, pusher. The AirHog bipes are OK but I want something to replace it. I use it to fly in campgrounds during flying evenings. I want a pusher so I don't damage trailers and vehicles.
I got a HiperFlea and OK but hard to fly slow, use high alpha but then a bit unstable.
rcbart is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 06-17-2008, 10:22 PM   #2
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: Dave C
Radio of choice:
JR 9303
# of RCs: 30+

Total Props: 7
Talking Re: airhog replacement

You seemed to do ok with the high speed pointy thing...briefly!..we were all hiding behind the camper!!

Cheers. Dave.
Dave Collis
Pitt Meadows B.C.
maac 37241
mogman is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-21-2008, 11:18 PM   #3
Chris W
RCC Apprentice
I am: Chris W

Total Props: 0
Re: airhog replacement

well as i was told (almost rudely) it was a big fine here in the city to fly anywhere but a sanctioned field. note your insurance is void when not flying on a sanctioned field.

kind of shoots a big hole in the park flyer market don't it?

as for your quest for something slow. if you can get your hands on a copy of a 'lil poke (great planes out of print kit) it seems to be lighter than my last wood glider and i'm told it is a floater.

or if you have the coin and the patience an electric heli could be fun. (please make sure the kiddies are far away for that one)

Chris W is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-22-2008, 06:11 AM   #4
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56

Chris, the no-flying-in-parks rules have been coming into existance, and the recent expansion of the micro-/mini-sized airplanes (airhogs and park flyers) will accelerate that even more.

The manufacturers and most retailers really don't give a fig about "local politics" because they are selling them and making a fair-sized buck from them. The unfotrunate part is that many families are buying them and have been told that they can be flown in the local park.

Net ressult is that the local councils are getting complaints from other users of the parks, and the wheels start turning, and guess who gets ground up?

Factor in the rogue RC pilots and the yahoos who think that the speed-demon versions are cool, and who don't care about the rights of others or the impact on the hobby as a whole.

YEs, you can see where I'm going (yes, also sounds like I'm toeing the MAAC lines and I agree with them).

I've got two large parks in the neighbourhood, one of which is almost ideal for the light electrics (three soccer fields and walking area). Problems are that there are lots of kids running around when the soccer fields aren't in use, and the houses on one side are not cheap (figure about 5-6 million for the lot) plus businesses on the other with Yonge Street on the other side of the busineses.

Aurora (where I live) doesn't have a by-law in place like Newmarket but they require a permit to use the parks.

There's at least one good site in the Aurora/Newmarket area that is available but getting permission and paying rent is going to need someone (retireee) to get a club going and then to approach York Region to start the process and keep it moving forward.
PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-23-2008, 10:39 AM   #5
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Terry L

Total Props: 6

Yes, no-flying-in-parks rules are coming back; none of this is new. Back in the heyday of c/l, any park or parking lot was fair game for whizzing around with your Cox plastic nasty, and the signs went up all over. So the kids took up spraybomb art.

Here we are again. No flying in the parks, but this time it is r/c park flyers: IN THE SAME BREATH, the municipal minions will tell you that the kids have little to do. "Let's spend hundreds of thousands on skateboard parks! It's just tax money! Then they will have something to do!" The skate parks are so far apart the kids have to take transit to get to the closest one, so they take up spraybomb art.

The only defense we, as real modellers, have is to start clubs- small ones- to get these kids (of all ages) together, and demand use of the parks. I, for one, got tired of being treated like a second-class citizen because I fly models: it is MY tax money that goes into building skate parks, soccer pitches, ball diamonds, lacrosse boxes, and school facilities that I am not allowed to use. That is crap.

Stand up for what you do, dammit, and fight for what is rightfully yours!
TLyttle is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.