G3.5 VS G4 Same PC/LAPTOP - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Flight Simulators Discuss flight sims.

Closed Thread
Old 07-01-2008, 08:27 AM   #1
RCC Junior Contributor

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Who has purchased G4 to replace G3.5 and put it on the same PC/Laptop excluding Macs.??

I would like to know what you noticed. I have 3.5 and I find the helis nervous!!! I used the G4 at a LHS and the thing was tight and not as all over the place. Did not driff while my hands were not on the controler. I do tweak the trims. I was able to do so much more on G4. True the PC was capable of a lot more, I think, than my Laptop. The FPS was much higher also on G4.

I do run my laptop at 1920x1200 which is the native resolution. I changed to 1024 and I do gain some FPS.

Any how, any feed back would be appreciated as I would like to get G4.
juniorlab is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 07-18-2008, 10:27 PM   #2
Little T
RCC Contributor

Re: G3.5 VS G4 Same PC/LAPTOP

I have a very powerful laptop, Alienware!!

I find that it all depends on the computer not the simulator! I have G3.5 and G4 and even then i do not feel a big difference.
At hobby stores, i have tried the G4 and it is terrible with the computer they are running it on.
If you are running it on a standard laptop, there will be no difference, G4 might even be worse. Laptops have a hard time, since they are not meant to run high performance games, and the more memory and processing power they need the slower/glitchier the game becomes.

Yes G4 has a lot of the bugs taken out that G3.5 has but the flying experience is very much alike...i would stick with the G3.5 if you are not going to upgrade your computer.

If you are going to fly mainly heli's look for a Phoenix, they are the best!!!

ps. what do you mean drift, as in tail or the whole heli?
when flying you can never just let go of the sticks and expect it not to move, if G4 is doing that, then you will not learn properly.

Last edited by Little T; 07-18-2008 at 10:29 PM.
Little T is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-24-2008, 11:17 AM   #3
RCC Junior Contributor

Re: G3.5 VS G4 Same PC/LAPTOP

I guess by drift I mean I am not constantly having to correct the bird. The LHS felt like it was on rails. I felt I was able to fly it as opposed to it fly me. I could keep it in a much tighter hover and sort of forget about it. Some minor 3D was MUSH easier.. is this real life, probably not?

Have not tried any inverted with my Rex600 yet. The lack of that red button slows me down and I find I lack the guts to push myself...Maybe at the end of this summer I will try a few more things. This way gives me the winter to fix it.
juniorlab is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.