Closed Thread
Old 07-16-2008, 08:30 PM   #1
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: Lashl
Radio of choice:
Futaba 14sg

Total Props: 2
Selling !!!!! to move to !!!!!

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I guess my rc addiction can't relate to all the ads I see where some one is selling their current machines to move on to something new. I see the ads and think why??? I decide I would try electric instead of my glow- it is so much cleaner etc. Well, I now have electric... and still have all my glow. Last winter I decide I would switch to gas. Bought a DL50 and the airplane to go with it....still have all my glow...and all my electric.
Thank God I don't have enough money to try helicopters and jets!!
MAAC #7169
ProBro #2348
Lash is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 07-16-2008, 09:27 PM   #2
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Rob B
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: sum

Total Props: 30
Cool Re: Selling !!!!! to move to !!!!!

I don't know if 'Relating' is the right word.

I find most folks cannot 'AFFORD' to have more than one specialty within the hobby. The evil dollar dictates such matters to most of us...

or; as I like to say;
"You do not have to be a rich person to be in this hobby... BUT;
You CANNOT be a POOR person and be in this hobby!"

Life is either a daring adventure...
...or nothing.
bbbair is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-16-2008, 10:10 PM   #3
RCC Contributor
I am: Brian R

Total Props: 0
Re: Selling !!!!! to move to !!!!!

I think another point to make here is the space planes take up. Also the fact they are not the easiest things to store. they are fragile and hate moisture, uv rays, etc. move on and let someone else enjoy them rather than store them on a shelf collecting dust.

everyone is different, that is for sure. some people would sell their kidney if the price was right, others not so much.
Awww crap my rudder fell off.
green@3D is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-16-2008, 11:43 PM   #4
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56
Re: Selling !!!!! to move to !!!!!

Most of the airplanes I've had I get bored with, as such, I sell them to move on to something different. Sometimes there is just something I WANT more but $$$ aren't there, so I sell the stuff I haven't flown much in order to get the new item.
When I made the switch to turbines I had no desire to continue with ducted fan. And with the reliability and reduced weight of the new smaller gas engines, I can see many people selling their old $$$ guzzling glow engines in exchage for gassers. Besides, as mentioned above, it takes considerable space to store these things, I'm out of room!
PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.