ZN Line Engima 2M pattern plane - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
FS - Airplanes Sell airplanes.
Note: Commercial posts are not allowed on the boards.

Closed Thread
Old 07-29-2008, 11:13 AM   #11
RCC Apprentice
I am: Reg
Radio of choice:
Jr 12X
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 0
Re: ZN Line Engima 2M pattern plane

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Thanks LGM, I'll wait. By the way, I see you make guitars, where do you get your figured wood? (I've been building a couple as a hobby and get my figured maple from BC, got 2 LP copies approaching finishing, just need to get the hardware, bridgel, tailpieces etc.).
Stetson Flyers
Les Ailerons
MAAC 23641
IMAC 5426

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:21 AM   #12
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56
Re: ZN Line Engima 2M pattern plane

I used to build guitars, haven't done any in quite some time now. Part of the reason was the cost of decent wood. I was building high end electrics of my own design and the figured wood models at the time were selling for over $3500USD ($5000cdn at the time). But the cost of a master grade quilted maple billet was costing me upwards of $500. (I also did 3/4" thick tops bookmatched so I was generally looking for 2" billets) so by the time I had all the woods for a guitar I had $700 or so invested in one instrument for materials alone. After the hardware, pickups, bridge etc. In the end, after shop costs and all assorted bills, I was making about $10 an hour building guitars by hand. I still have a couple of master grade billets of quilted maple here actually.
Anyway, some of the best wood I ever found was on ebay, couple sellers on there that have amazing stuff, usually out of California. When it was the maple, most of it was canadian maple, but for some reason Canada sends all it's best wood to the US and leaves the 2nds for us
Closed Thread