RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Engines Discuss engines

Closed Thread
Old 07-25-2008, 02:51 PM   #1
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Tom G

Total Props: 0
New webra experience

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Just sharing my experience with a new webra 91P5 i got from Cliff Swartz. I was looking for a 2 stroke 90 for a warbird that could spin a nice scale looking propeller and was considering OS, ST, etc when i noticed on the webra site their 91P5. Its recommended props where 14-12, 16-8. Emailed Cliff and he had them in stock.

Got the engine and it looked great. First thing i noticed was a small carb for a .90 which makes sense for the large props. I think it is the same carb throat as the .50 uses.

I had no problems breaking it in and after a few tanks I could get 9500 on a 15-8.

The engine is now installed in a 60 size warbird and spinning a graupner 15-8 3 blade. I am impressed every time I run this engine. I get about 7000rpm or so and a 1400rpm idle if I want. Starts easily with a quick spinner twist and runs perfect through the whole throttle range. I have about 30 flights now on this engine and it just keeps getting stronger. It is expensive at $260ish but after running it, probably worth that.

Another thing about webra's, and it would be interesting to try to test, is that they seem to unload far more in the air than other brands and therefore are faster even with identical ground rpm.

any comments welcome,

TomG is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 07-25-2008, 09:07 PM   #2
★ Site Supporter ★
★ Site Supporter ★★ Administrator ★
I am: William A
Radio of choice:

Total Props: 62
Re: New webra experience

My trainer was a Modeltech F14 Tamecat with a Webra 61. It was an awsum engine and never let me down. Lots of power and sounded great when you throttled back.
''engine hoarder''
williame3590 is online now   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-26-2008, 03:09 PM   #3
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Cheshire C

Total Props: 1
Re: New webra experience

I've had several Webra engines over the years - an old .20 with a steel cylinder and baffle top piston in the mid 1970's, a .61 blackhead in the late 1970's, a Speed .61 heli in the 1980's and later a Speed .91 with the Dynamix slide valve carb.

All were very easy starting by hand - just a couple of prop flips, except for the heli, of course, unless it had a prop installed. They were all much more powerful than the more generally used OS engines (which I also like) and all were paragons of reliability.

Easy handling, robust, high output and reliable. Sure they also cost a few dollars more than their competitors. However, in my opinion they were worth every cent of the price.

If the current models are anything loike mine, I'd suggest that you will be very pleased with your 91P5.
DO335 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.