Futaba or JF 2.4??? - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Electronics Discuss radios, chargers, etc...

Closed Thread
Old 08-10-2008, 09:10 PM   #1
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Martin Stubbs
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 7

Total Props: 0
Futaba or JF 2.4???

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hello all,

I am looking at purchasing a 2.4 system down the road and I thought I would ask the question of which one should I get? I currently have a Futaba 9CAP I know they have the Futaba 10C 2.4 or the JR 9303 2.4 The benefit of the module in the futaba is obvious I can remove it and fly my FM receiver planes. That aside though should one get a dedicated sytem and slowly replace the FM ones or go with the modulated one???

thanks Straight Shooter
Ferrets don't fly!!! but "mine" think they should!!!!

MAAC 73821
straight_shooter_007 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 08-11-2008, 01:05 AM   #2
Gary Maker
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Gary M.
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX8
# of RCs: 7

Total Props: 9
Re: Futaba or JF 2.4???

I guess it comes down to a personal choice which for me was affordability.

At the time I purchased my new 2.4 system, a JR X9303, there was a lot of negative hype about the modular systems. I am NOT a techie so I didn't really understand half of what they were saying anyway. I wanted a newer more advanced radio system for flying scale aerobatic competition so I opted for the JR which for me was the more reasonably priced system.

If money is no object then by all means go for the top of the line Futaba FAAST system for roughly $2,500.00. But for a 1/4 of the price I got one terrific full featured JR radio that has all the features I will ever need and more!
Stoney Creek Hawks RC
MAAC No. 43659

Radios used: Spektrum DX6i
Current builds: 1/4 scale J3 Cub & Neiuport 17 and KMP B-25.
Currently flying: Scratched Tele 40, Parkzone Stryker & 60" SPAD Debonaire

"Time flies like an arrow - fruit flys like a banana." Groucho Marks
Gary Maker is online now   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-11-2008, 07:27 AM   #3
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: Marc B

I agree, personal preferance really....but I had a 72mhz 9CAPS and switched to all JR 2.4, best purchase I've made in R/C!

1. JR has much easier programming and user interface

2. JR is compatible with Spektrum Rx, which are genereally cheaper and there is more variety of the small , lightweight Rxs for indoor/parkflyer stuff.
BigBreeze is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-11-2008, 09:04 AM   #4
RCC Junior Contributor

I went with JR / Spektrum, I really like the data logger which allows you to see how the system is doing. Also the power safe recievers seem to be a great option for high power servos.

If you're not in the trees you're not trying hard enough.

Wild Hare Edge540T/3MM-53
Mojo 65/Saito 150
Mojo 40/Saito 82 on Floats
Super Zoom 4D
NorthernBoy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-11-2008, 01:20 PM   #5

Total Props: 1

Same thoughts here. I need to get "more" channels than my futaba 6ch can give me. I'm able to fly my gasser with the 6 but it requires "mods" (like a y reverser that I have for the dual elev servos as my current radio only allows for one elev servo).

After much research (and down to the "bite the bullet and buy it or live with what I have to do), I'd go with the x9303 over the 10c (one thing is the jr rx are cheaper in the long run--the jr tx is a bit more $ than the futaba). I still need to experience a jr in hand though (only ever used futaba and recently, a polk).

Although I still fly 72, I like the idea of a dedicated 2.4 (the x9303) vs the modular xp9303. The 72 modular is not a concern for me as I still have an fm tx.
voyager_663rd is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-17-2008, 07:10 PM   #6
Rock 114
RCC Contributor
I am: Terry E
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 25+

Total Props: 1

If you need a modular system to fly your old 72 stuff the 10c is probably the best bet. It is a little cheaper than the 9303 and is a little more feature rich than the JR. The menu and programing are very good also.
Rock 114 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-18-2008, 12:39 AM   #7
RCC Contributor
I am: Sheena M

Do what I have done. Get a 9C and an XPS 2.4 module and have an 8 channel 2.4 system and then get an XP9303 and an XPS module for it and have a 9 channel 2.4 system.

I don't have the "heat" problems of the FASST system, nor the reboot or wire chafing of the X9303 system but I have 2.4 and 46 model memory without buying any additional electronics for memory.

I did this and I know there are arguments against it but just stating what one can do for less than a Futaba or JR really high-end system.
And I can fly any of my Hitec, JR, Futaba 72Mhz receivers. (Oh wait, I sold them all because 2.4 is/was working so well!)
ss40a is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.