Old 09-13-2008, 05:21 PM   #31
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: Jean Pierre
Radio of choice:
JR 7202
# of RCs: 12

Total Props: 3
Re: Price increases

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hello all i'm new here, yeah you are right, i was looking at the Hobbico Accucyle at $134.99 and when i decided to buy it last week, up it was to $149. Well i guess the par with us curency is over...

Anyway, keep posting those good treads.

something extra, RV-4, Kavalier, Edge 540
Flyinbullmax is online now   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 09-14-2008, 10:11 AM   #32
RCC Apprentice
I am: Gabe

Total Props: 0

I have a twist 40 and 60 I guess with the price going up so much, altitude from now on will be my top priority ....But then again this is my hobby and when money is a priority then its not a hobby anymore...... So go out there and have fun and play safe......
Gabe is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-14-2008, 01:01 PM   #33
RCC Contributor
Radio of choice:

Total Props: 1
Talking Re: Price increases

I will assume that the gent who started this thread was not complaining but rather just making an observation known to all regarding the prices of our "toys". Our hobby stuff has been going thru a lot of ups and downs due to the dollar fluctuation plus the availability of cheap labor thru the chineese manufacturers.
I look at this hobby this way, I like something, if I can afford it , buy it. If the price goes up due to whatever things we cannot control then I decide whether I buy it later when I have the funds or decide on something else less affordable. With so many choices, its easy to make adjustments and changes.
But if the prices really goes beyond my means, then its simple, I cannot afford it. I will then adapt, improvise and localize to see what I can come up with to satisfy my "hobby needs/toys".
Just my 2 cent worth......

slash60 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-14-2008, 10:50 PM   #34
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: Marc P
Radio of choice:
JR x9303 2.4
# of RCs: 8

Total Props: 1

On a positive note, we still appear to have access to the best prices in the world on Hitec servos!
marcham is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-15-2008, 10:07 AM   #35
RCC Junior Contributor

I was wondering how well the twist flew. If one of the previous post writers has both the 40 and the 60, he must like the airplane. Looks like a fun plane. Most things that look like airplanes fly. The question is 'how well'.
redvan is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-15-2008, 10:17 AM   #36
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Ron
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 23

Total Props: 19

The Hangar Nine B25 was $399 US in the states and $399 over in Canada. Two weeks later, the B25 is now $529 in Canada and it is still $399 US...strange

* went up to $479 this week
Hangar Nine SpitFire..Saito.100
Top Flite P51..Saito.91
RCGUYS Decathlon..SPE 26

Last edited by ronnieo; 09-15-2008 at 12:26 PM.
ronnieo is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-20-2008, 07:48 AM   #37
RCC Apprentice
I am: Gabe

yes the twist is a fun plane .The reason i bought it is that i was looking for a plane that could take off and land on a dime ..this way if we happen to loose our flying feild again i could fly anywhere where theis is a piece of grass..the 60 is bigger but all it needs to take off and land is a dime and a half..... You can fly it slow or fast and the 3D is getting better as I go along...Gabe.......
Gabe is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-20-2008, 11:41 PM   #38
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Trevor B
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 28?

Total Props: 4

I noticed it too.

I finally went and bought the GP 182 Cessna because it went up $20 (and before it goes up more). So did the GP Skybolt.

The prices aren't fixed, they're inreased costs being handed to the consumer. That shouldn't surprise anyone. Been to the grocery store lately? Same thing. With the current upsets in the US, don't be surprised if our dollar continues to take a good sh*t kicking for the next little while.

Gas prices? OK, they're fixed.... I'm convinced that gas prices are being bounced around by investors. It's like commodities. I never recalled the prices of petroleum to be so unstable before organizations like Ontario Energy, etc started cropping up.
MAAC #77168
Director - Lakehead Aeromodellers

Gravity doesn't Discriminate
wymbly1971 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-23-2008, 02:59 PM   #39
Ken E
RCC Contributor

I was going to get a Great Planes Sukhoi from GH ($399.99) todays price is $489.99 guess I won't be doing that. Instead of building a new plane I'll concentrate on checking over the planes I have and fixing and improving all the little things that seem to get avoided during the summer. That will keep me busy through the winter,and I still have my Extreme Flite Yak to finish. So I guess I have to say ,thanks GH for saving me money. ken
Ken E is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-27-2008, 07:46 AM   #40
Max Continuous
RCC Apprentice

What ticks me off is the excuse of " well the Canadian dollar slipped 6 % so we had to adjust our pricing". Fair enough, but how long did it take for them to "adjust" their pricing when the dollar was climbing into orbit?

It was a fair time there when the dollar was at par or better and Canadian retailers were charging a lot more than their U.S counterparts. But they have a come back for that too. " Well we had to sell the stock that we had already purchased at the lower dollar." Fair enough, then shouldn't that argument work the other way too?

With the Chinese currency is rising, I think increases may continue.
Max Continuous is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.