**** SOLD **** For Sale 2 Amazing Cheap Onboard Heli/Airplane Video Camera's - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
FS - Electronics Sell radios, chargers or anything else electronic.

Closed Thread
Old 09-20-2008, 10:30 AM   #1
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: Paul N
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 3

Total Props: 0
Item is sold **** SOLD **** For Sale 2 Amazing Cheap Onboard Heli/Airplane Video Camera's

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
These devices have been sold

Before Reading This Please See Video Sample Links at Bottom of Post and you be the judge

I was looking for a lightweight affordable video system for my R/C helicopters when I came across a few folks who took an off the shelf video camera and modified it to work with their RC aircraft. I was very impressed with the video quality theses cameras are capable of as well as there small size, ruggedness and light weight. The camera also incorporates a Microphone to record audio.

Theses cameras are only sold at CVS Drug Stores in the United States and are labeled as ďone time useĒ. How itís supposed to work is that you rent the camera for a reduced price, use it, then return it to the CVS store at which time they provide you with a DVD of your video and then repackage the camera for the next customer. Some camera hobbyistís have found a way to unlock the camera so that you can retrieve the video without having to take it to the store as well as bump up the resolution and frame capture rates

I bought 4 of them while visiting the U.S.A last year but in an effort to clean up my workbench a little I have decided to sell two of them. They are still in there original sealed package. In order for them to be used in an RC aircraft you will need to do a small amount of modification as well as a little soldering and software unlocking. Donít worry as the process is not very hard and I will provide you with links and software for the mod on a CD.

Technical Specs

(Please Note: The weights and dimensions shown below are for the camera in its plastic case. In order to keep it light you would remove the circuit board from the camera's plastic case drastically reducing its size and weight) I got this thing to fly on a Blade CP so if that little guy can lift it any larger aircraft/heli will have no trouble at all.

LCD Panel Size = 1.4 in.
Memory Card Type = Built-In Flash Memory
MPEG Movie Mode Resolution 640 x 480 (VGA) 30FPS
Microphone Type = Internal

Height = 5.8 cm
Width = 2.5 cm
Weight = 0.14 kg
Depth = 10.2 cm

Pictures and Documentation

Video Samples

Mr Pib

My Samples on a Blade CP A little shaky but thatís just my bad piloting skills

I would prefer to find a buyer in the GTA willing to do a pickup but am willing to ship within Canada if buyer pays shipping. If you have any questions please PM me or send an email to flybar@live.com

Asking $50.00 O.B.O (Each including Software CD)

================================================== =======
RCC Classified Quick Rules

- Location & price is a must when selling RC related items. Update your profile!!!
- Use the feedback system after a sale / trade.
- Buyer Beware!
- One bump / TTT every 3 days.
- Classified rules here.
** Infractions will be passed out if rules are broken. Threads may be deleted.

================================================== =======

Last edited by FlyBar; 09-29-2008 at 08:17 PM. Reason: Sold

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 09-25-2008, 05:26 AM   #2
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56
Re: For Sale 2 Amazing Cheap Onboard Heli/Airplane Video Camera's (CVS Camera)

email sent to you. looking forward to your responce. thank you
Closed Thread