hey guy,s - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread
Old 09-21-2008, 10:14 AM   #1
mike scully

Total Props: 0
hey guy,s

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I have a Mugen MRX 4X with a Ninja MR21-R01A ENGINE,,WITH A PRO COMP Ninja comp race tuned pipe,Th is car holds the Hamilton track record,this machine rev,s 48000 rmp and was broke in professionally buy the prev owner ,car is mint ,,,,.I bought this car,not knowing what it was all about ,i watched a few vids on youtube ,,,WOW this car is way out of my class ,,im into every day stuff ,savages ,losi,s traxxas,,that kind of stuff,car has skektrum reciever in it ,rtr add your radio and your off..Im willing to trade .,Im looking for a few rtr trucks with some bling ,in super condition ,,if anyone is interested please let me know ,,also come with tons of new parts 2 cases full and a new starter box,I just priced this beast (unreal) if this is your type of car ,you will love this like new also tons of extra race rim ntires pm for pics .im close to london ont 519 842 2925 (mike) call any time .

Last edited by mike scully; 09-21-2008 at 10:19 AM.
  Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 09-21-2008, 12:08 PM   #2
Gary Maker
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Gary M.
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX8
# of RCs: 7

Total Props: 9
Re: hey guy,s

Hey Mike

I understand your feelings completely. Last year I purchased a Losi 8 RTR and went down to a local track with it and I knew almost instantly that this is way over my head. I just wanted to drive around the track at my own starting speed, learn how to control the car to get use to it and have some fun, but these car guys, even on a supposidly fun and/or practice session, they take this hobby way to seriously/competetively! I literally had guys yelling at me to "get off the *&%$#@ track if all I'm going to do is putter around cause I was in their way.

Mind you, this was suppose to be just a fun, practice session, not a race or competition. I stopped and watched a fellow working on his car and went over and asked him a question about what he was doing. His actual words to me were..."I have to get this car fixed and don't have time to be...bothered with questions! This was way too tense and not much fun at all.

I have never has such a negative experience in all my days flying model planes. Airplane guys are absolutely terrific people who go out of their way to help fellow flyers, especially new guys wanting to get into and learn the ropes. Been flying airplanes for 18 years, an instructor for most of them with the last 3 years in IMAC competition and have always found airplane people to be very encouraging and helpful! Doesn't much look that way with car guys. I took the car home and put it on the shelf and a month later I sold it and that was that for my car experience.

Anyway my friend, RC Canada has a forem here for Cars complete with discussions and classifieds for buying and selling. I think you might get a much better response if you were to put your topics in those forems instead of on an Airplane forem. Just a suggestion that might be helpful and worth considering my friend.

I wish you all the best Mike and I hope you find what your looking for!

PS: I am still interested in getting a Monster Truck perhaps and going out to some secluded field and just burn around with it for fun. Hopefully I will find like minded people to share in the adventure. But as for competition, well, I am pretty sure I know where I stand and what I will do on that issue. LOL!

Stoney Creek Hawks RC
MAAC No. 43659

Radios used: Spektrum DX6i
Current builds: 1/4 scale J3 Cub & Neiuport 17 and KMP B-25.
Currently flying: Scratched Tele 40, Parkzone Stryker & 60" SPAD Debonaire

"Time flies like an arrow - fruit flys like a banana." Groucho Marks

Last edited by Gary Maker; 09-21-2008 at 12:20 PM.
Gary Maker is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-21-2008, 03:52 PM   #3
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: John Davidson
Radio of choice:
EVO(12), Futaba
# of RCs: ?

Total Props: 0
Re: hey guy,s

I agree with you as a few years ago I wanted to try it. Even went as far as driving to Calgary to get some pointers. No time for anybody that's new when you are around them. The LHS helped me the most. Needless to say there is a young fellow that is very happy and I don't know if he kept at it as they moved.
We have some pretty tight groups like in racing but never have I found a problem with gettin help or answers to questions. Mind you the racing side of it is the setup and flying as everybody can buy box stock engines and go fast. Dave Shadel came up to Sask. quite a few years ago and gave a 2 day seminar and then helped the guys with there aircraft. That was info straight from the top as he was world champion at that time. His idea was to go fast and teach everybody the same. Then the competition gets hot and heavy.
Just my idea why I like being where I am at. Plank drivers always help one way or the other.
John Davidson
Keep the shiny side up and the wheels down
Vulcan1 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.