Closed Thread
Old 10-05-2008, 11:10 AM   #1
RCC Expert Contributor
I am: John H
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 13

Total Props: 7
Another season come and gone

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I am just loading my airplanes in the car for the day and i have to go back and get my jacket and it started me thinking..... where did the time go this year?! is it really october already?! i am celebrating my 25th wedding anniversary next week and i am feeling somewhat melancholy today at the quick passage of time. it has been a great ride so far(as my wife says "it ain't over yet!!). i'll see if a few flights will lift my spirits. john
pianodude is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 10-05-2008, 11:14 AM   #2
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Bruce W

Total Props: 0
Re: Another season come and gone

Cheer up man yer goin flyin!! Don't you fly year round?
MAAC# 44741
PS MAN is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-05-2008, 11:29 AM   #3
Gary Maker
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Gary M.
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX8
# of RCs: 7

Total Props: 9

I can remember the events like it was yesterday that I got married, and then we had three children, a girl and two boys. Then it was their weddings, and now its 7 grandkids later. On top of that, I am now 10 years with my second wife, with two more inherited daughters and another 3 grandkids with one on the way.

Don't get me wrong, for the most part, life has been good and I am very happy with my relatively new relationship and family and I hope as you have stated, "It ain't over yet." But where indeed does the time go!

I was actually not at all concerned with time, until I turned 60 this past April. Then it all at once hit me like a tonne of bricks. Wow, how did I get here (this age) so quickly? I now start thinking in terms of, maybe I can do this or maybe I can do that....for just one more year! Hmmm!

I don't think one should dwell on all the ramafacations of getting older but just live your life the best you can, one day at a time and enjoy the blessings that you have. If one thinks about too hard, well, I just try not to.

Perhaps Groucho Marx said it best: " Time flies like an arrow - Fruit flys like a banana!"
Stoney Creek Hawks RC
MAAC No. 43659

Radios used: Spektrum DX6i
Current builds: 1/4 scale J3 Cub & Neiuport 17 and KMP B-25.
Currently flying: Scratched Tele 40, Parkzone Stryker & 60" SPAD Debonaire

"Time flies like an arrow - fruit flys like a banana." Groucho Marks
Gary Maker is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-05-2008, 01:46 PM   #4
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Ron O.

Total Props: 33

Well said, Gary, I'm about in the same boat age wise as you are and the other thing that comes to pass at this point in our lives are the things 'that we won't need to do or buy again'.....we just finished a very extensive home reno after 30+ years and really everything we did except for paint and carpets likely will not be done again by us in this home.....kind of sobering actually.....where have the last 40 years gone?....Ron Oscar
reo is online now   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-05-2008, 03:44 PM   #5
Randy Brown
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Randy Brown

Total Props: 0

Ah the old days of winter flying.. snow, shovel.. chilie. Rum

ooops did i say that
Randy Brown
MAAC 45752L
Team Airtronics
Randy Brown is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-05-2008, 04:52 PM   #6
RCC Contributor
Radio of choice:

Total Props: 1
Red face Re: Another season come and gone

As pianodude said, how time flies!! This morning flying with friends, I had to put on a jacket to keep warm more due to wind chill than actual temp. We did enjoy the day though it was spotty with the sun coming in and out thru the clouds. At one point we thought we might get some flurries due to the temp dipping low.
At 48, I have had my share of time flying thru so fast you have to stop for awhile to think what have I done, what have I accomplish and where am I going? All of which the answer is a life as they come.
Work like you do not need the money, love like you never been hurt, dance (er..maybe fly!!) like nobody's watching and always remember what goes around comes around and with that I always try to treat others the way I would like to be treated as well with honesty, sincerity and good intentions.
In this hobby of hours , there are plenty of good, good people. Well meaning and helpful. I am glad my father, who since has passed away, introduced me into this wonderful hobby. He must be smiling now knowing that what he loves to do still continues on with me.
As for our season of flying, yeah its done, but now we have building to do!!2 planes to build..that will keep me busy!!

roger v.
slash60 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-05-2008, 07:58 PM   #7
★ Site Supporter ★
★ Site Supporter ★★ Administrator ★
I am: William A
Radio of choice:

Total Props: 62

The way I see it is......when your out flying time stops and my favorite part, in the shop, time slows to a crawl. There's only one thing better....wife and son!!!
My best friends all fly airplanes..
That's about it, Bill
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hornet 004.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	109.5 KB
ID:	38806  
''engine hoarder''
williame3590 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-05-2008, 09:13 PM   #8
RCC Expert Contributor
I am: John H
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 13

Total Props: 7

thanks for the warm thoughts guys... i had nine flights in the bright autumn sun with friends and had a great day and came home feeling much better and had a nice dinner (on the table as i got home) with a great wife and kids. i really do have a lot to be thankful for... john
pianodude is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-05-2008, 09:52 PM   #9
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Shawn S

Total Props: 19

Part of living in the freezer and frankly I'll take the cold season over tornadoes, hurricanes, earthquakes and financial sillyness that the US has, they can have it as far as I am concerned.
Once upon a time there were Nitros, Flybars & Frequency pins
My Main OL Photo Gallery:
OICU812 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-06-2008, 08:55 AM   #10
Dave Holmes
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Dave Holmes
Location: Prince Edward County, Ontario (no longer Brampton!)
Radio of choice:
Futaba 72 Mhz
# of RCs: 30+

Total Props: 10

For me, one good thing about the change of seasons (not that I'm ready to say goodbye to the warm weather!) is that perhaps soon the lily pads will die and sink and I can get my float plane out again and fly off the lake behind the house. Then when the water stiffens up, I can get the skis out and fly off the snow, with a runway that is about a mile wide and a mile and a half long!

In some ways it will be better than going to the field (one hour drive, round trip) but it's never the same if the guys aren't there. It's the camaraderie I enjoy as much as anything.
Dave Holmes

The older I get, the better I used to be!
Dave Holmes is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.