The Sukhoi is finally done - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Construction Ideas, Hints and Tips For all the builders out there. Ask questions, make suggestions, trade tips.

Closed Thread
Old 11-10-2008, 05:56 PM   #1
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Bob D.
Radio of choice:
Futaba 12FG
# of RCs: 1+

Total Props: 0
The Sukhoi is finally done

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Well I started this plane 3 years ago. I decided to build it the "old fashioned way" using carpenter's glue.

The build went reasonably well, albeit slowly, re-enforced where it was needed then I had to cover. I ended up with a medical issue that stopped me for almost 8 months but 3 different colors and seemingly an unlimited number of rolls later, it was done. Following M.A.N. instructions I polished a true turn spinner. Then I had to learn how to use my airbrush with masking so I could paint the cowl and belly pan. That was a whole new adventure and lots of paint. Then the top coat made me realize the reason you need a mask when you paint.

My wife painted a pilot figure with her usual style.

Finally the setup was done and it went out to the field. The Saito 1.80 still needs breaking in but at least the plane fits in my car; albeit just. (remember when you read the measurement of a plane, chances are that doesn't include the spinner )

Friends have bugged me about the progress but it's done. Figured I'd post a pic here as proof.

Now on to the next project; probably something a tad smaller

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sukhoi3.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	40226   Click image for larger version

Name:	sukhoi4.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	40227  
Bob D.
Ajax RC Club
Indoor Aero-Choppers
Member of MAAC since I joined

Lighten Up, Life is waaaaaayyyy too short
Nuker is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 11-10-2008, 07:28 PM   #2
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Cheshire C

Total Props: 1
Re: The Sukhoi is finally done

Originally Posted by Nuker View Post
Well I started this plane 3 years ago. I decided to build it the "old fashioned way" using carpenter's glue.

Good thing you don't use instant glue like me. My current build, with CA, has just gone over the 5 year mark. No end in sight!

Glad to see yours is done. Just remember to keep that respirator handy for the paint jobs, otherwise you'll look like your pilot in short order.
DO335 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.