Roots - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Nostalgia - Old Timer Aircraft Everything about the good old days of RC!

Closed Thread
Old 11-15-2008, 12:31 PM   #1
Ed Smith

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
So let's go back to the beginning of my interest in this hobby. As can be seen from the picture when I was but two years old my older sister tried to murder me by brutal strangulation. Fortunately she failed. On a later occasion she pushed me out of the air raid shelter while the Luftwaffe was overhead doing it's thing. I looked up at the noise and aircraft lit up by searchlights and thought "Wow, that looks interesting". A seed was sown.

Sometime later we narrowly missed annihilation when a flying bomb took out a row of houses down the street. The seed was now fertilized. Noisy aircraft crashing from the sky with huge explosions. This hobby is for me!

Nothing has changed!

Ed S

Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 11-15-2008, 01:10 PM   #2
Ken E
RCC Contributor

Re: Roots

Ed, I think you have this all wrong, your poor sister was'nt trying to manipulate your early demise, she was desperately trying to introduce you to a new and exciting hobby. ken
Ken E is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-15-2008, 06:43 PM   #3
Gary Maker
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Gary M.
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX8
# of RCs: 7

Total Props: 9

Saturday, 7:15 P.M.

Important note: Suspicious picture with written claims appear on my computer screen. A full and thourough investigation is warrented in this matter!

Saturday, 7:18 PM

After much time, using the latest investigative techniques, and the most modern inovative tools available ( 3 minutes of stareing at the photo on my computer display, wearing my bifocal glasses ) I notices a flaw in the claiment's discription of the photo. I now have my suspicions that the male figure in the photograph is NOT Ed. Note: The male person in the photo has hair!!

Saturday, 7:19 P.M.

After considerably more time studying said photo, I believe I may be in error. Note: The scowel on the male figure's face and the obvious anti-social behavour. OMG it is Ed in the photo!

His sister is NOT trying to kill him. She is merely trying to take him for a closer view of an unexploded Luftwaffe bomb on the next block!

Great photo Ed!
Stoney Creek Hawks RC
MAAC No. 43659

Radios used: Spektrum DX6i
Current builds: 1/4 scale J3 Cub & Neiuport 17 and KMP B-25.
Currently flying: Scratched Tele 40, Parkzone Stryker & 60" SPAD Debonaire

"Time flies like an arrow - fruit flys like a banana." Groucho Marks

Last edited by Gary Maker; 11-17-2008 at 06:17 PM.
Gary Maker is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-25-2008, 05:52 PM   #4
RCC Senior Contributor

After close study,I believe it's fairly obvious that this cannot be "Ed". I've seen a photo of "Bald-Head Ed", and this sharp young fellow cannot be him. This sprinter obviously has a lot of extra weight in his junior shorts: hence the reason why his brave sister is struggling to keep him from sitting down. The real "Ed"; I'm certain, he's professed to having never pooped his pants in the face of adversary.

I don't believe that, but, I do believe Ed can build a heck of an airplane. What a guy!!!

I've spent most of my money and time on model airplanes, mean women, and beer. All the rest was just a waste.

MAAC 51187
mtnflyer is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.