Ty-Coon Bearings - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Engines Discuss engines

Closed Thread
Old 12-13-2008, 11:25 PM   #1
RCC Supreme Contributor

Total Props: 0
Ty-Coon Bearings

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hello all,

Well, back in March, I decided that I wanted to save a couple bucks on a bearing set that I was buying, so I went out on a limb and bought from a site which I found on Google, www.ty-coon.com

The bearings were about 6 bucks US, and I think they charged me about 2 more for shipping. Not bad for a bearing set!

So, three weeks ticked by, and eventually the set arrived. The sizes of the bearings were not listed on the site, but they listed the model of the engine, so I figured everything would be OK. Not so. One of the bearings was the wrong size! So, I emailed them. They replied that my engine actually had two different bearing sets, depending on the year it was produced. Oddly enough, Boca only lists one set (the same size as the one I needed!).

So I sent back the one wrong bearing. They agreed that they would replace it. In the package, I included a note written on the back of my invoice stating what the problem was, and that it was clarified in an email.

A month and a half later, I sent them another email stating that I had returned their bearing, but they did not send one back. This received no reply.

Another two weeks later, I sent a second email. This said that they had not received the previous email, and that they had sent the bearing out two days after they received the one that I had returned. Since the other one didn't arrive, they would send a second package.

Five weeks later, I received the proper bearing. The package included my original invoice which I had written the note on, so I'm sure they didn't send out the bearing twice (they would have included this in the first package which was allegedly lost in the mail).

So, after four months, I finally had the set of bearings I wanted. This was fine because I didn't have an airframe for the engine, and wasn't in a rush.

So now we come to the present time, another five months later. I have received a package in the mail from Ty-Coon containing two bearings about 2" in diameter. I have no idea what these would be for. They look like good sealed bearings, but I have absolutely no use for them.

I should also mention that the order was made from ty-coon.com, but the first package came from "Bearing Brothers". The second package came from Ty-Coon, and now the third has come from D O Coon, all of the same address.

Funny stuff though...

Ben Hindmarsh

"I keep planting planes, but they just won't grow!"
benjhind is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 12-14-2008, 06:48 AM   #2
Ed Smith

Total Props: 0
Re: Ty-Coon Bearings

Cheap bearings in an engine. definitely the way to go.

Ed S
  Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-14-2008, 09:40 AM   #3
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Darren G
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 12

Total Props: 8
Re: Ty-Coon Bearings

I should set up a business like this... I have a whole bunch of motorcycle and outboard bearings in my bearing draw, all new in boxes.. Just list all the model engines, and when someone orders, go grab 2 boxes and ship them off (don't return e-mails of course).. The only downside is that my bearings are more than $6 a set.... Had a look at the web site... Would be nice if they showed the actual bearings (just a generic pic of 2 bearings for all the engines) Ed I did notice they mentioned that some of there bearings are "not made in China".. Whether these include the model ones, it didn't say..
Darren loves Floatplanes and dirt bikes

Last edited by cf-drg; 12-14-2008 at 09:51 AM.
cf-drg is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.