A thank you to all my RC friends!!! - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread
Old 12-29-2008, 11:33 PM   #1
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56
A thank you to all my RC friends!!!

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
With the New Year approaching I would like to send out a big thank you to my RC friends, a couple in particular deserve some special recognition from me though.

A very huge thank you to Mr. Dean Wichmann of Kamloops BC, (helijet on RCC) it was 9 years ago that Dean got me involved in RC Jet modeling. By giving me a great deal on my first successful ducted fan jet (DL Aeromodels Cyclone) and then giving me a great deal on my first RAM750 turbine. Dean put up with a ridiculous amount of phone calls, I probably seemed like a stalker at times! He also gave me all the wisdom and encouragement he could to help me be successful in RC jet modeling. I had some really rough times with turbine jets, but Dean was never negative about it with me, he still helped me through the rough times and got me totally addicted to this side of the hobby!

Another huge thank you goes to Iain Middleton of Edmonton, Alberta. Iain's comic relief, positive attitude, and skill in flying was a catalyst that got me into flying Pattern, pushing the envelope, and really just doing what I wanted to in this hobby. Iain was one of the first to create the "more power" club. Making airplanes fly higher, faster, and more authoritatively was always in Iain's realm. Watching the crazy things he did always pushed me to want to fly harder, and fly better. Iain was another guy who was always there to answer the phone, answer questions, give me advice, and be all around supportive!

Then there is all the original members of the CARFF club in Red Deer, Alberta.
Dennis Carney, Dan Hein, Ken Heck, Herb Curran, Ron Simonson, Rene' Weber, Stew Stirton, and many more, these were the guys who really became friends, even though I was just a little kid and they were all adults back in the day, they always took time to talk about their airplanes with me and they treated me like a fellow modeler, not just a kid out at the field.

More recently, a huge thank you to George Martin (Geomar on RCC) who has become an exceptional friend in the 3 years that I've known him. George was the first person I really met when I moved to BC. George has built airplanes for me, and he works harder than almost anyone I know when it comes to the hobby of RC modeling. He is a great friend and has improved in his flying skills a huge amount since I first met him. George is always flying, he is always helping others get started and become successful. George is a shining example of the comraderie that this hobby is about. He is a newcomer to the hobby relative to most of the people I know (meaning he hasn't been in it for 20 + years) but he is more like the "old school modelers" than most of the people I know. He treats this hobby as a social hobby and always invites people along for the ride.

A big thank you to those who helped me become successful in pattern when I was flying it. Peter Thanhausser, The flying Filteau's Ron and Don, Jess Derosiers, Thoman Khunlin, Chad Northeast, Brad Schooler, and many others. Flying with you guys taught me the discipline and mindset needed to fly safely and precisely in every aspect of this hobby. And thanks to the Filteau's, also taught me the importance of having FUN in every aspect of the hobby!

And finally, a SUPER HUGE thank you to my dad, John Ferguson of Red Deer, Alberta. Without my dad I would never have gotten involved in this hobby. I would never have learned to fly, never been successful in any aspects of the hobby without the support he has given me. Although my dad never shared my love for speed, he never held me back when I wanted to go faster, or do crazier things. He taught me to fly, he taught me to build, and for that I am forever grateful.

Last but not least, thank you to all my online RC friends who give me the opportunity to express myself, show off my new projects, and see their new projects as well.

This is truly the greatest hobby I have ever been involved in, and I hope to be involved for a very long time!

May 2009 be the best RC year we've all had!!!

PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 12-30-2008, 01:00 AM   #2
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Steve H.

Total Props: 2
Re: A thank you to all my RC friends!!!

That was a great post, I don't care what the rest of the guys say, you're not a bad guy!

Happy New Year!
Hughes500E is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-30-2008, 01:07 PM   #3
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56
Re: A thank you to all my RC friends!!!

lol, ouch, what do the rest of the guys say hahahah!
PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.