Fast Plane "HELP" - Page 6 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Fixed Wing Discuss fixed wing aircraft.

Closed Thread
Old 01-07-2009, 08:07 AM   #51
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56
Re: Fast Plane "HELP"

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Sorry Kip, I have to disagree, a QM40 airframe today with a strong sport 40 would likely be faster. While that airframe is sleek, the wing is still on the thick side from the looks of the picture, big bulbous canopy, constant chord wing, might be fast with a Formula one engine, but if you're going to go through that hassle, there are faster airframes out that are easier to attain.
I'm not trying to argue, but a 40 year old design won't compete with a current speed plane.
PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 01-08-2009, 09:14 AM   #52
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Cliff S
Radio of choice:
Hitec, Futaba - FM
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 13

The GO-GO Fly wing is very thin, around 9% with a 40% high point and a reflex T/E and it looks better than those boxy things they use now. Back in the late sixties when I was "Rat Racing " on control lines we were using those yellow Tornado nylon props, to stop them from beaking we use to boil them. One of our members use to put them in a twist jig after he boiled it. We were all turning about 15,000 rpm and he would turn about 2500 rpm less and he was going faster than we were, hence the prop rpm statement.

kip51035 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-08-2009, 11:03 AM   #53
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56

Hi Kip,
I certainly won't argue that the Go-Go Fly looks better than a Quickie 500, it definitely does, in fact, it's one of the prettier airplanes I've seen. RPM and prop choice does make a huge difference of course, but what I was getting at, was in this instance, where Jack and the rest haven't set an airframe or engine requirement, that airframe selection will be more vital than anything at first
It's ok though, because I'm hooking Jack up, and those other guys will be bouncing around like Turkey's will Jack will be the Peregrine Falcon, smooth and faaaaaaaaaaaaaast.

By the way, cool name, one of my all time favorite singers from the 80's is named Kip
PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.