How many others feel this way!. - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread
Old 01-05-2009, 03:10 PM   #11
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Rick L
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 25

Total Props: 13
Re: How many others feel this way!.

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Ooops double post!..Sorry bout that..
xv-townboy is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 01-05-2009, 10:42 PM   #12
Ken E
RCC Contributor

Total Props: 0

Speaking of buying and selling, I have a hole bunch of stuff I no longer use and plan to sell when I get this included picture thing finally figured out. ken
Ken E is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-06-2009, 12:39 PM   #13
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: scot h

Total Props: 1

Originally Posted by Gary Maker View Post
I too think it would bother me somewhat giving someone a super deal on something, thinking I am helping them out cause they have perhaps claimed they are on a limited budget or are just new and starting out and cannot afford a lot.... only to find they were looking to turn a profit on my generosity. I won't say anything, but they will never purchase anything from me again.
That just doesn't make sense. If you give something to someone, it's up to them what they do with it. I have given stuff away, only to see it for sale within the week; my intentions were good and I did what I intended - I helped that individual. If cash benefits them more than the item, they should do what they need to.

As for offers that you deem too low - the same sort of rule applies. I don't believe there is any harm in asking too much for an item, or in offering too little. A given item is, after all, only worth what someone is willing to pay for it! I don't see why it would offend someone that a given item is worth more or less to one person than to another. The seller is never obliged to take an offer. We've all sold cars, houses, and/or hobby stuff, and we've all had offers we've had to counter, or simply say 'no' to. Of course, making a low offer in a public forum, where it might affect the interest of other potential bidders is another story.
scot is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-06-2009, 01:17 PM   #14
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Ron O.

Total Props: 33

I personally don't care what someone does with something after I have sold it to him, hot deal or not. A deal is a deal and the contract has been fulfilled on both sides once money and product has changed hands. To sell something with 'perceived' strings attached is unreasonable in my opinion.

reo is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-06-2009, 01:43 PM   #15
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Geoff B
Radio of choice:
Hitec A9

Total Props: 2

I don't think that is what Gary is getting at. I believe (i may be wrong here to) that if a person comes on looking for help getting into the hobby and says that is just what i need so a person like Gary (generous) gives or sells him the item at way below the current value only to find that the person has put it up for sale at a higher price than what Gary sold it to him/her for. I would be upset with that to. That being said I post an ad in the classifieds and sell someone an item only to have them turn around and sell it again and get more money..... well apparently i didn't ask enough! And i have no problem with that. I agreed to a selling price, what they do with it after that is up to them for sure!!

Gary please correct me if i'm wrong here.

Proud owner of a Hitec A9!!

Maac #79113
Flyboy76 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-06-2009, 02:00 PM   #16
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56

The only things that ruin the trading experience on RCC (or any other forum) is guys that post telling the seller he's ripping them off, or post that you can get something cheaper here or there (when 99% of the time the hobby store doesn't include all the stuff that the private seller has).

I try to leave the classifieds as a business transaction, leave the conversation to a minimum and for the most part if I have a comment or question send it by PM.
PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-06-2009, 02:18 PM   #17
RCC Senior Contributor

What about this scenario!

In the past, I've advertised on this very site to give stuff away for free, and have even paid for the shipping.

No, I'm not stupid. My sole purpose was to help out the newcomers who maybe could not afford to begin in this great hobby, and I have so much.

Out of all the people I sent stuff to, I knew at least two were young beginners. That made everything else worth it; even though I came to realize some other recipients were going to profit off my generosity.

Once you've made a deal, you cannot retract, nor do you have the right to feel "bad" about it. A deal is a deal, and be done with it. You do have the right to move on!

I've spent most of my money and time on model airplanes, mean women, and beer. All the rest was just a waste.

MAAC 51187
mtnflyer is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-06-2009, 02:47 PM   #18
Gary Maker
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Gary M.
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX8
# of RCs: 7

Total Props: 9

Flyboy wrote: "Gary please correct me if i'm wrong here."

No not at all my friend. Now my quote was, "It would bother me somewhat....not a life altering situation by any means. I think my comment was taken out of context. I have given lots of stuff away for FREE! If someone needs to resell that stuff for other things more needed, then so be it, good for him. Also I started off that sentence saying "I too THINK."..because it hasn't actually happened to me!

I was referring to someone that I knew was only interested in making a profit, which I have seen happen to others. A dealer friend of mine offered some 46 sized engines, that he had gotten on a great year end special price for dealer's alone, at less than his useal dealer's cost price, to help out guys in the club. One fellow claimed he needed three of them for various planes he had. He took the engines and immediately sold all three at retail price minus the tax, makeing approx 35% profit on each the three. The dealer friend was upset. He did the paperwork, made the order, put out the cash for the engines and then let fellows have them at his cost not making a cent but to help people. He could have sold them for more and made the profit for himself but he didn't. You think it is/was fair for him to do all the work and someone else collect the profit? He (the one who resold them) lied in his reason for wanting the engines in the first place....That was the only point I was trying to make here.... that "I too THINK it would SOMEWHAT bother me...which I had said to agree with a statement in a previous posting, anyways!

Ask just about anyone who has ever purchased anything from me and you will find that I pretty much always only sell items for exactly what it had cost me OR even for less...And I pretty well always add a little thank you gift in with the items I sell. I would hope that shows that I am a fair traider and not out to make money off my friends. As I said previously, It does help me recycle things I am no longer using and help me to obtain things at an affordable price that I perhaps couldn't have gotten otherwise... I make friends doing this, and I do enjoy it! Thanks for listening to my rantings!
Stoney Creek Hawks RC
MAAC No. 43659

Radios used: Spektrum DX6i
Current builds: 1/4 scale J3 Cub & Neiuport 17 and KMP B-25.
Currently flying: Scratched Tele 40, Parkzone Stryker & 60" SPAD Debonaire

"Time flies like an arrow - fruit flys like a banana." Groucho Marks

Last edited by Gary Maker; 01-06-2009 at 03:00 PM.
Gary Maker is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-06-2009, 04:07 PM   #19
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: dave a

What a piece of work is a man, how noble in reason, how
infinite in faculties, in form and moving how express and
admirable, in action how like an angel, in apprehension how like
a god! the beauty of the world, the paragon of animals—and yet,
to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me—
nor woman neither, though by your smiling you seem to say so.

There's all sorts out there lads. All we can do is our best.

To answer the original question in this thread...I just love this stuff. Great diversion from reality.

rusty33 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-06-2009, 09:28 PM   #20
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56

Its pretty simple IMO, you ask what you consider is a fair price and if someone is willing to pay it or work out a deal then great! At the point the deal is set and money/product is exchanged its no longer "your" property. That person can do whatever they want with it.

I have sold stuff that could easily be sold for more, and I am sure people have flipped things I have sold for more money, but I got what I wanted out of the deal so why would it bother me?

The moment you post up something for sale that is a "good deal" you have to expect that someone is going to flip your item! Its just human nature!

I have only been low balled once....I guess that means I sell too cheap lol

There are only two things I regret starter and glow that I picked up a used nitro plane I have no way to get it running!!!
PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.