paulbipe
RCC Contributor

I am: Paul P
Radio of choice:
Spektrum
# of RCs: 12+

Total Props: 2
Re: Blue Foamie

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hsh View Post
I'm going to try a 2403 - 2100kv one next. Gaston and I continue to use these ones but Ray likes the 2204-14T at 19g better.
Hugh
I have been using the 2403 motor the last couple of weeks and I really like it. nice and smooth and works well on a GWS 8" slofly prop. I tried a 7x3 in the basement and it hovers around half throttle. Next trip to the gym and I will get to fly it with the 7x3 and see what it is like. My test plane is a milled out white foam (Dollar store foam board) Clik like plane that is about 130gms all up.

The motor weighs 17.5 gms and if you do not use the quick connect then you can probably save a couple more grams

Paul
paulbipe is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:29 PM   #1062
hsh
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Hugh H.
Radio of choice:
Futaba 18MZ & 10CAP

Total Props: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulbipe View Post
I have been using the 2403 motor the last couple of weeks and I really like it. nice and smooth and works well on a GWS 8" slofly prop.

The motor weighs 17.5 gms and if you do not use the quick connect then you can probably save a couple more grams Paul
Hi Paul,
I have been using the 2402 for a while with a GWS 0843 SF. Works great but I thought I would try the 2403 and see if I could get a bit quicker response in a hover. I will stay with a 6A ESC so the weight remains the same. Hope it will take it as it calls for a 15A. I also have a GWS style 0838 SF that I can try as well. As a personal preference I have always removed the connectors as a weight saver.

Hugh
hsh is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-03-2011, 09:00 AM   #1063
paulbipe
RCC Contributor

I am: Paul P
Radio of choice:
Spektrum
# of RCs: 12+

Total Props: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsh View Post
Hi Paul,
I have been using the 2402 for a while with a GWS 0843 SF. Works great but I thought I would try the 2403 and see if I could get a bit quicker response in a hover. I will stay with a 6A ESC so the weight remains the same.

Hugh
I tried it with an 8A ESC and a 350ma-hr 2 cell and had problems getting the motor to rotate. It would go into a wobble and slowly cog over, and if I gave it a quick flip it would start and run successfully. The 8A ESC tended to run warm with the 0843 SF. I did not try the motor/ESC combination with the GWS 7035 as I could not find it at the time. The ESC would probably run cooler with the 7" (lower current draw).

Thrust on a 7035 on 2 cells is not a problem and if you go to 3 cells you need chains to hold it back...lol.

Paul
paulbipe is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-06-2011, 06:42 AM   #1064
foamball
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Art L

Total Props: 0

Well, here tis, Sunday, March 6th, our last indoor day for the season... And, I understand a gagle of 3D will be in attendance, Gaston and his gang, and our gang.. Should be a real hoot today...
I've noticed since Gaston has been traveling down here, it's awful quiet on the "Blue Foamie" forum.... eh??
foamball is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-07-2011, 06:04 AM   #1065
gbjets
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Gaston B

Total Props: 5

Good morning London

I have to tell you that I had one of the most enjoyable indoor flying session ever yesterday in London. You guys sure know how to make a person feel welcome, I just wish I lived closer and join you much more often. I was quite impressed by the high caliber of flying shown by all of you. I was al little bit surprised at the use of a timer allowing only so many pilots to fly at one time and also the type of aircraft flown together but I soon found out to be one of the best and safest ways to organize an indoor flying session. It gave me the opportunity to chat with everyone between flights.
I was very happy to finally meet Art, I just hope I still have half your energy and dedication when I reach your age, which I'm not far behind.
Thanks to Art, Bryan, Jonathan, Paul, Ben, Kevin, for giving us the opportunity to fly with such a nice group of people. I wish I could remember all your names and thanks to all who were there. I would also like to Thank Hugh, Kent, Lee and Brendan from Sudbury for being there with me.
Old 03-07-2011, 07:01 AM   #1066
foamball
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Art L

Thumbs up Re: Blue Foamie

Well, like Dirty Harry once said, "MAKE MY DAY!" You guys DID! Thanks to all members of LIFT, and especially the Sudbury group for their support for our last indoor day of this season... Gad. I even got lessons from Gaston on how to fly his YAK 55... Something I have been very rusty on since I built it, but now I see, It's one heck of a strong aircraft. And, his new sBach, what a sight to behold.... Smoother, easier to handle, fast if you want, but when the going is for slow, this bird does it all..... Must get me one of those!
I was surprised to see a reply from Gaston so early, you guys had a long drive home, good to see you got there safe and sound...
Thanks again guys, we'll do it again, in the next season...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Final LIFT day 001.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	104.3 KB
ID:	100677   Click image for larger version

Name:	Final LIFT day 004.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	111.5 KB
ID:	100678   Click image for larger version

Name:	Final LIFT day 010.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	100679   Click image for larger version

Name:	Final LIFT day 009.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	100680  

foamball is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-07-2011, 01:26 PM   #1067
Kent F
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: kent f
Radio of choice:
J R 9303
# of RCs: ?

Thank you Art for the wonderful reception..This hobby sure has fantastic people..Enjoyed the flying and visit..Hope to do it again next year..
Kent F is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-07-2011, 06:20 PM   #1068
hsh
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

Radio of choice:
Futaba 18MZ & 10CAP

On our second day in Southern Ontario the Sudbury group went to London to do some indoor flying with Art and the LIFT group. In Pic#1 you see Gaston in his element, talking about Blue Foam planes. Even though it looks like a new Contra Rotating Prop plane it is just a prop and a shadow. Pic#2 is Gaston admiring Kevin's abilities with the YAK. Pic#3 Frank takes a turn with Gaston's Sbach and radio. Concentration but no panic on either face. Pic#4 Gaston ready to fly Jonathon's Yak. Thanks to the group for showing us the benefits of timed sessions for similar style planes and fewer planes in the air at a time.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Pic1.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	100708   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pic2.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	100709   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pic3.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	100710   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pic4.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	100711  

Old 03-07-2011, 06:21 PM   #1069
hsh
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

Radio of choice:
Futaba 18MZ & 10CAP

During the time in the gym we witnessed some excellent flying. Pic#5 Here Bryan geves a demonsration of slow flying and hovering. I also got some tips from Bryan on setting up a plane to help me in my slow flight attemps. Pic#6 Kent gives a seminar on hot glue repairing. In order to help Kent, Brendan made sure Kent's plane needed repairing. Pic#7 A small group of potential LIFT members were spellbound by the activities. Great to see youngsters interested. Pic#8 Brendan and Kent check the spoils after their names were drawn for prizes. Thanks for everything Art and all. Hope we can do it again in the future.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Pic5.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	100712   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pic6.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	100713   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pic7.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	100714   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pic8.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	100715  

Old 03-07-2011, 07:47 PM   #1070
smoknrv4
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Jonathan M
Radio of choice:
DX 18QQ
# of RCs: 20+

Total Props: 8

Great pics Hugh, thanks again guys for coming down to our neck of the woods for some great indoor fun! I had a really nice time flying with and meeting all you fellas. Looking forward to next time!
Now to get my new SBACH together.
Cheers

Elgin Flyers, St. Thomas, Ontario
Maac#45310
smoknrv4 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.