Indoor Flying Discuss indoor flying

Old 03-08-2011, 07:26 AM   #1071
foamball
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Art L

Total Props: 0
Re: Blue Foamie

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hi Sudbury!
Glad you gusy enjoyed yourselves, I know our gang did.... And yes, we will have to plan something for next season.... Gad, you guys sure made me feel younger!
Now, for some practicing outdoor over the summer, so I can profess to be a better flyer indoor next year.... With the two Bluey's, I should accomplish this, easily (well,better than what I've done up to now.)
I must say that Gaston and his buddy have come up with a fantastic plane... I never got interested in 3D till these two came along....
And, the great fellows I met from Sudbuy... Makes me wish we were closer. Guess a Lear Jet is in the future, for our LIFT gang... Think we can muster that????? ho ho..
Again, thanks all you terrific guys, it gives me a reason to do more promoting on indoor RC...
foamball is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 03-08-2011, 07:36 AM   #1072
ronljroy
RCC Contributor

I am: Ronald R
Radio of choice:
Futaba
# of RCs: 18

I haven't managed to use up the three Yaks I received, now I need to stock up on a new model! I am anxious to give the new one a try. Maybe I can use the old Yaks for combat. I know it won't last long doing that!!!!

"If it ain't broke, then don't fix it!!!!"
ronljroy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-08-2011, 12:31 PM   #1073
gbjets
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Gaston B

Total Props: 5

Hi Art
Thanks again for letting us fly with you and the boys, too bad the season is coming to an end, we have to get together again next year, it was such a positive adventure, I'm very happy to have met all of you.
Old 03-08-2011, 12:36 PM   #1074
gbjets
RCC Pro Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronljroy View Post
I haven't managed to use up the three Yaks I received, now I need to stock up on a new model! I am anxious to give the new one a try. Maybe I can use the old Yaks for combat. I know it won't last long doing that!!!!
Ron
The Yak is also an excellent foamy, just bring them with you at the Swap Meet, we might be able to help you, in regards to combat....
Old 03-08-2011, 09:59 PM   #1075
ronljroy
RCC Contributor

I am: Ronald R
Radio of choice:
Futaba
# of RCs: 18

I am giving serious thought to "foam combat" at our fun fly on June 4. You had it at your fun fly last year, and it was the highlight of the day. The spectators really enjoyed that, probably more than anything else that day. I think it's a good way to "get rid" of last year's "old" stuff, and get something new for next year!!!! Ours is the first fun fly, so if you want to get rid of your foamie, bring it with you to Timmins!!!!!

"If it ain't broke, then don't fix it!!!!"
ronljroy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-09-2011, 06:01 AM   #1076
gbjets
RCC Pro Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronljroy View Post
I am giving serious thought to "foam combat" at our fun fly on June 4. You had it at your fun fly last year, and it was the highlight of the day. The spectators really enjoyed that, probably more than anything else that day. I think it's a good way to "get rid" of last year's "old" stuff, and get something new for next year!!!! Ours is the first fun fly, so if you want to get rid of your foamie, bring it with you to Timmins!!!!!
Ron
Sounds like that cheerleader movie, Bring It On... we'll bring them, as Hugh always says, how else can you have so much fun with all your clothes on
Old 03-13-2011, 08:09 AM   #1077
foamball
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Art L

Gad Zooks, either you guys got a lot of snow again, or you've been too tired after your trip to Tillsonburg/London, to give any shouts on the forum...
Awful quiet around here guys....
foamball is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-13-2011, 09:45 AM   #1078
gbjets
RCC Pro Contributor

Good morning Art
They had a good flying session last weekend, they had visitors from North Bay while Hugh and myself were in London with you. There were pictures taken and published in the Sudbury Model Aircraft Club newsletter, I'll ask Harry who too the pictures to post some on rccanada.
Here are a couple pics you might be interested in.
I finally got Ray to make me a file to change the milling pattern on the Sbach, it's now an X pattern as you can see in the pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SBach X pattern 007.JPG
Views:	68
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	101165  
Old 03-13-2011, 09:50 AM   #1079
gbjets
RCC Pro Contributor

Hi Art

Here'a pic of some of the spectators watching us fly in London, future indoor flyers, I hope..

I'll post some pics of today's flying later on and let you know how the updated Sbach works out.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Spectators in London.JPG
Views:	48
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	101167  
Old 03-13-2011, 10:12 AM   #1080
hsh
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Hugh H.
Radio of choice:
Futaba 18MZ & 10CAP

Total Props: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by foamball View Post
Gad Zooks, either you guys got a lot of snow again, or you've been too tired after your trip to Tillsonburg/London, to give any shouts on the forum...
Awful quiet around here guys....
Hi Art;
Once again Gaston's job is getting in the way of his hobby. He is trying to get foamy stock back to acceptable levels. I got yet another motor to try this weekend and have ordered an FRSky 2.4 module and tiny receiver from HK for my Futaba, so I could be the lightweight King (Sbach not me) again. Still having fun on the weekends but am sure looking forward to summer. Between trying out IMAC and trying to catch up to Gaston with my foamy flying, it will be a busy summer. Supposed to be some flyers up from Bracebridge tody. Will take some pics and post later.
Hugh
hsh is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.