RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Indoor Flying Discuss indoor flying

Old 12-12-2011, 04:24 PM   #1321
gbjets
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Gaston B

Total Props: 5
Re: Blue Foamie

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hi Art
Thanks for the pics, looks like you're having too much fun, did you run into another plane...
Good job.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 12-12-2011, 04:59 PM   #1322
gbjets
RCC Pro Contributor

The rest up us made do with you motley collection of blue and white foamies. I have been playing with a 26" model that really works well in the gym. With no attempts to save weight the model flies at 150gms all up. using an HK2100kv motor and an 8" prop will see it hover at less than half throttle. Here are a couple of pics of the planes and pilots in action.

Paul

Hi Paul
Thanks for the pics, nice work on the Arrow and all those foamies. Your foamboard is more than likely the same foam we buy at the Dollarama stores in Ontario, I find it a bit fragile but it's extremely light, after the paper is removed, of course. It's refreshing to see people from every province enjoying themselves indoor.
Old 12-12-2011, 08:37 PM   #1323
flysrcs
~~BANNED PEOPLE~~

I am: Dave .
Radio of choice:
DX 18

Gaston,
Your 20" SBACH if it was built out of 1mm depron with some 1mm carbon rod for re-inforcment in some places, Do you think it will fly on 1cell lipo> I was thinking the guts out of a UMX 4-site or UMX extra?
Dave
flysrcs is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-12-2011, 09:50 PM   #1324
gbjets
RCC Pro Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by flysrcs View Post
Gaston,
Your 20" SBACH if it was built out of 1mm depron with some 1mm carbon rod for re-inforcment in some places, Do you think it will fly on 1cell lipo> I was thinking the guts out of a UMX 4-site or UMX extra?
Dave
Hi
I don't think the components are powerful enough, It would probably fly it but I doubt it would hover, both of those planes only weigh 1.2 and 1.25 oz. AUW, my Sbach will weigh between 2 and 2.5 oz AUW, I'm still waiting for the proper electrics. Considering I was using an HK 2402 motor, 16g 250 mA 2s batteries, std Orange Rx, bigger servos, it was still flying incredibly well. It would probably fly it but I doubt it would hover. I might try to post a video this coming weekend.
Old 12-12-2011, 10:20 PM   #1325
gbjets
RCC Pro Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by flysrcs View Post
Gaston,
Dave
Hi I just realized I didn't answer part of your question, If you succeed in making an Depron airframe weighing the same as the UMX's airframe, it would work. I just cut another mini Sbach a few minutes ago and it weighs 14 grams (1/2 oz) it's a very interesting question, let me know how you make out.
Old 12-14-2011, 07:26 AM   #1326
foamball
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Art L

Total Props: 0

Hi Gaston
No, I actually was making a LOW pass around the gym floor and was just getting excited to see the Cub actually flying, slow. Change props to a cut down Vapor prop, 5" and it did make a difference with the lower pitch... Now, back to the 30" sBach, hopefully
Hey, dates left for LIFT's indoor, January 15th, February 12th, March 11rh and, April 15th.. Hope you an some of the Sudbury gang, and the Hanover gang can make one of these...
And when you come, bring some 20"er kits wit ya..... Got some sales for ya..
Art.
foamball is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-14-2011, 11:31 AM   #1327
gbjets
RCC Pro Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by foamball View Post
Hi Gaston
No, I actually was making a LOW pass around the gym floor and was just getting excited to see the Cub actually flying, slow. Change props to a cut down Vapor prop, 5" and it did make a difference with the lower pitch... Now, back to the 30" sBach, hopefully
Hey, dates left for LIFT's indoor, January 15th, February 12th, March 11rh and, April 15th.. Hope you an some of the Sudbury gang, and the Hanover gang can make one of these...
And when you come, bring some 20"er kits wit ya..... Got some sales for ya..
Art.
Hi Art
We'll making the trip later this winter, thanks for the invite, It was nice to see you smile on that earlier pic I'm still waiting for parts to complete the testing of the 20 in. as soon as I find out what's needed I'll start shipping.
So far I'm down to 2.7 oz or 77 g, this is only by removing the wing braces (they are not needed) and making the landing gear 1 mm, instead of 1.5 mm.
Old 12-14-2011, 02:47 PM   #1328
Real Gambler
RCC Contributor

I am: Real D

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbjets View Post
Hi Art
We'll making the trip later this winter, thanks for the invite, It was nice to see you smile on that earlier pic I'm still waiting for parts to complete the testing of the 20 in. as soon as I find out what's needed I'll start shipping.
So far I'm down to 2.7 oz or 77 g, this is only by removing the wing braces (they are not needed) and making the landing gear 1 mm, instead of 1.5 mm.
Hey, let us experiment too!... Start shipping now with minimum hardware (though I do like you full kits with all the small parts but no electronic). We can do some test in parallel

I have tons of stuff on small 2S batteries here! 120mah to 360mah and quite a few motors/esc.
Old 12-14-2011, 04:02 PM   #1329
gbjets
RCC Pro Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Gambler View Post
Hey, let us experiment too!... Start shipping now with minimum hardware (though I do like you full kits with all the small parts but no electronic). We can do some test in parallel

Thanks Real
I have tons of stuff on small 2S batteries here! 120mah to 360mah and quite a few motors/esc.
Hi Real
I'll ask Ray to do a couple minor changes to the software and I'll cut a few kits, I'll pm you shortly.
Old 12-14-2011, 07:42 PM   #1330
Real Gambler
RCC Contributor

I am: Real D

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbjets View Post
Hi Real
I'll ask Ray to do a couple minor changes to the software and I'll cut a few kits, I'll pm you shortly.
Paypal ready!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.