RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Indoor Flying Discuss indoor flying

Old 01-06-2012, 06:30 PM   #1381
Real Gambler
RCC Contributor

I am: Real D

Total Props: 0
Re: Blue Foamie

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Update on the Sbach 20":

Tried airbrakes today (and SFGs to hold the airbrakes). NO GO for me!. Got too much wing rocking. It was much slower, still somewhat interesting even despite the wing rock, but I definitively prefer to fly it without airbrakes.

Now, the bad news: I lost my C clip on the little 2S motor I had on it!!!! So as much as I like that motor, now I'm not so sure I could recommend it anymore. I think I lost the clip when I hit my own foot! (landing toward me, a bit too long, so I did hit my foot with a bit of speed). The C clip is so small, I never found it! It's too bad because I think it would have been a good motor on the 23" motor! Any idea where I could get such a small C clip? Great Hobbies? A hardware store? (with very tiny stuff?). I would hate having to scrap it because of something that stupid. Great winding btw!

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 01-06-2012, 06:40 PM   #1382
hitechflyer
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Hank U.
Radio of choice:
Futaba 18SZ

Total Props: 9

Are you talking about the e clip that holds the shaft in place? I t will run with out it, try it the magnets will hold it in when it runs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gw97k...re=uploademail
hitechflyer is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-06-2012, 06:53 PM   #1383
flysrcs
~~BANNED PEOPLE~~

I am: Dave .
Radio of choice:
DX 18

Total Props: 5

Gaston,
I second what Hank said about the c-clip. Not needed just weight. Consider it a weight reduction. . Btw I'd be interested in buying a complete 23" sbach
Dave
flysrcs is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-06-2012, 07:35 PM   #1384
Real Gambler
RCC Contributor

I am: Real D

Love the idea that it could be hidden inside the motor. Found so many mounting screws there while I spent time looking on the floor for them, I should have thought about it!

Now, running without it????? The bell is completly loose and I can pull it off with my fingers. I found out I had lost my clip because I tried to fly it after the fact, and it was making a very funky noise. (I think the bell stay there, but it's being pulled halfway...)

No matter what, I left the airplane at work (stupid me) and it's locked until monday! Had to bring back my Tx case, an old Playstation 3, and my shinny brand new Beast 3D I got today (not flown yet, crossing fingers wind won't be too bad tomorrow).

So I won't know about the C clip until monday! Should have thought about the magnets! Maybe the noise I heard was simply coming from the clip rubbing somewhere....

Thanks guys!
Old 01-06-2012, 08:23 PM   #1385
hsh
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Hugh H.
Radio of choice:
Futaba 18MZ & 10CAP

Total Props: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by flysrcs View Post
Gaston,
I second what Hank said about the c-clip. Not needed just weight. Consider it a weight reduction. . Btw I'd be interested in buying a complete 23" sbach
Dave
Hello Dave,
I was talking to Gaston on the phone a few moments ago. He had just returned from the gym as he was trying another 23" plane. He built this one using the TURNIGY 2204-14T 19g Outrunner along with HXT 500 servos and a Rhino 360Mah 2 cell battery. He said it flys almost the same as the 23" one with micro equipment even though it weighs more. He also mentioned the 23" plane is now available on http://www.foamstarmodels.com/ but he has no hardware on hand. Looks like the new plane is in production as we speak.

Hugh

P.S. He will post a video later.
hsh is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-07-2012, 08:42 AM   #1386
foamball
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Art L

WoW, Gaston..... Nice video, and even a nice plane... Almost done building mine, seems I get held up for stupid reasons, but today, it should be done, no braces either...
The 23" looks good, now, do I carry on with the 20" or purchase the 23",, Wish you guys would stop coming out with these great planes... I'm getting confused, easy for me to say, Oh well....
Thanks guys for all the info..... I think I has 4 or 5 wanting the 20" er tho.. in our club...
Jan 15th is just around the corner.... Whoooooeeeeeee...
My 30" hangs on the rafters now, got me a little orange one to finish..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Workshop and fleet 001.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	133168   Click image for larger version

Name:	Workshop and fleet 004.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	109.8 KB
ID:	133169  
foamball is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-07-2012, 11:54 AM   #1387
gbjets
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Gaston B

Quote:
Originally Posted by foamball View Post
WoW, Gaston..... Nice video, and even a nice plane... Almost done building mine, seems I get held up for stupid reasons, but today, it should be done, no braces either...
The 23" looks good, now, do I carry on with the 20" or purchase the 23",, Wish you guys would stop coming out with these great planes... I'm getting confused, easy for me to say, Oh well....
Thanks guys for all the info..... I think I has 4 or 5 wanting the 20" er tho.. in our club...
Jan 15th is just around the corner.... Whoooooeeeeeee...
My 30" hangs on the rafters now, got me a little orange one to finish..
H Art
The 20 in. flew well when the weight was kept around 2 to 2.5 or even 2.7 oz, anything beyond that was much harder to handle, that's why I made test planes from 21" up to 24" and found that 23" was the best, it can be used with micro components or the larger components used in the larger 29.5
I'm sending you a pm.
Old 01-07-2012, 12:07 PM   #1388
gbjets
RCC Pro Contributor

Here's a video taken last night of the 23" Sbach, using components from the 29.5" I had to use a smaller prop (DD 7030) to minimize unwanted torque roll, otherwise as you can see, it flew well. Steph did the slow flight and I did the rolling circles.
Thanks Steph for your help

Last edited by gbjets; 01-07-2012 at 12:23 PM.
gbjets is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-07-2012, 10:27 PM   #1389
heli-insane
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: Keith Z
Radio of choice:
JR 9503
# of RCs: 4

Total Props: 20

Gaston nice flying, although you could have done without the 1960's LSD/magic mushrooms tunes!!!!
heli-insane is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-08-2012, 06:27 AM   #1390
gbjets
RCC Pro Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by heli-insane View Post
Gaston nice flying, although you could have done without the 1960's LSD/magic mushrooms tunes!!!!
Is that what it is, I had no idea, I took that from Youtube library. I would have been a teenager in the 60's and I missed all that, never did drugs, sorry about that but I kind of like the music, I can change it if you want.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.