RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Indoor Flying Discuss indoor flying

Old 02-04-2009, 07:25 PM   #131
gbjets
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Gaston B

Total Props: 5
Re: Blue Foamie

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hi

Andrew and myself built a couple of Blue Foamies in about three hours today, it could have takken less time but he's just learning....just kidding, and test flew both of them at the gym later in the afternoon. I knew they flew well but I can tell you in the hands of a pro like Andrew, they are awesome. I really enjoyed watching him and can't wait for Sunday when he'll be flying with all of us. Andrew drove all the way from Milton to see his girlfriend, Im hoping he comes back every weekend, as you can see he's also an artist, he decorated both planes freehand with a Sharpie in no time.

Thanks Andrew
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00200a.JPG
Views:	149
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	45447  

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 02-04-2009, 07:33 PM   #132
gbjets
RCC Pro Contributor

Here are a couple more pics of the planes we built today.

I have to thank Dennis Pratt for the aluminum templates suggestion, it made the whole process easier and much more enjoyable.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC00198a.JPG
Views:	81
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	45448   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00199a.JPG
Views:	92
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	45449  
Old 02-04-2009, 08:22 PM   #133
yakityyak
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Andrew Collins

Total Props: 0

Gaston, Thanks again!

I had a great time building these foamy's with you today! They go together so easy with that foam, it was actually relaxing! I was very surprised as to how well they flew compared to my standard depron Clik!. Very close in performance even with the extra weight. I'm really excited for the weekends events. Thanks again for the hospitality and knowledge!!

See you Saturday.

Andrew.

Oh and the invoice is in the mail for that paint job!! lol
yakityyak is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-05-2009, 07:50 PM   #134
gbjets
RCC Pro Contributor

Hopefully Andrew will be with us on Sunday at the gym and there is a possibility that a video will be posted afterwards. He is talented and also a great guy to know, I was very fortunate to work and fly with him, I also learnt a lot.

Thanks Andrew
Old 02-07-2009, 08:25 PM   #135
ronljroy
RCC Contributor

I am: Ronald R
Radio of choice:
Futaba
# of RCs: 18

I have had the fortune of being able to build three foam aircraft at Gaston's, the last being the "click". The first one, the BUG flies nice and slow, quite relaxing to fly, even in the gym.

The last one, the "click", flies awesome!!! I consider myself a mediocre pilot, will never be able to do the rolling circle at my present pace of learning. But this morning, I did the hover with the click for the first time, and it was actually much easier than I thought, but that's the "click" for you. I very often like to sit back and watch the others fly, but this morning, although I did watch, I also flew more than I normally do because I was having such a good time with both these aircraft. The third aircraft sits without a receiver because it was borrowed to build the click, but it too will be back in the air when the next order arrives.

Foam aircraft? I RECOMMEND IT highly. It is very cheap, can be replaced quickly and repaired easily, quite durable, just reuse the old electronics. If you are having a MALL display this year, consider showing these blue foamies. At the price, you could attract many more people.

I must thank Gaston Boissonneault publicly! I have seen his workshop (3 times so far), stayed overnight once, and have seen what he has done for the hobby. I do not know of anyone else who opens his home and workshop to accept anyone who wants to build these foamies. Most often, he also has the parts available if you are short of anything. The hobby is being revived thanks to his efforts. Thanks Gaston, you deserve a good pat on the back, and then some...by the way, There will be no sharp objects in my hand when I pat you on the back

For the first time, I know I will be a slightly improved pilot by spring time, rather than the rusty pilot. If you're not flying foamies, you're losing''''!!!!!

TTFN Ron

"If it ain't broke, then don't fix it!!!!"

Last edited by ronljroy; 02-07-2009 at 08:43 PM. Reason: saw a few mistakes
ronljroy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-07-2009, 09:11 PM   #136
gbjets
RCC Pro Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronljroy View Post
I quickly and repaired easily, quite durable, just reuse the old electronics. If you are having a MALL display this year, consider showing these blue foamies. At the price, you could attract many more people.

I must thank Gaston Boissonneault publicly! I have seen his workshop (3 times so far), stayed overnight once, and have seen what he has done for the hobby. I do not know of anyone else who opens his home and workshop to accept anyone who wants to build these foamies. Most often, he also has the parts available if you are short of anything. The hobby is being revived thanks to his efforts. Thanks Gaston, you deserve a good pat on the back, and then some...by the way, There will be no sharp objects in my hand when I pat you on the back

For the first time, I know I will be a slightly improved pilot by spring time, rather than the rusty pilot. If you're not flying foamies, you're losing''''!!!!!

TTFN Ron
Hi Ron

Thanks for the kind words and I'm happy to see that you had a great time at the gym. I used to envy people who were heading south every winter but now I enjoy staying up here, I think that they are missing a great opportunity by not being able to fly indoor with us.
Sometimes, when it's -30 deg. I find it hard but the indoor flying on weekends makes up for it, people must think I'm nuts but I've been having the time of my life, even in winter, go figure.
There were six guys building foamies today, it was hilarious, it was non-stop comedy all day, I didn't know we had that many comedians in the area. They still managed to build all six airplanes, I'm just hoping they all fly tomorrow. We even had Andrew from Milton and his pretty girlfriend Michelle helping with foamie graphics. We'll try to post pics of their efforts tomorrow afternoon.
Old 02-08-2009, 05:41 PM   #137
ronljroy
RCC Contributor

I am: Ronald R
Radio of choice:
Futaba
# of RCs: 18

Smile Re: Blue Foamie

Both of our junior members are wanting to get in on the "blue foamies". More parts are being ordered. Go figure!!! It is a real blast! -30 weather? Who cares anymore??? TTFN

Ron

"If it ain't broke, then don't fix it!!!!"
ronljroy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-08-2009, 06:31 PM   #138
yakityyak
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Andrew Collins

Well I guess that wraps up another awesome day out with Gas and the rest of the guys up here. It was great meeting everyone and seeing some old friends. I will definitely try to make it up a few more times during the indoor season to fly! Thanks so much for making it possible for me to fly with all you of you it was a blast!

What a great way to fly, not having to worry about ripping the wing off if you hit the tip during KE and the fact that you can beat the snot out of them and they just keep flying! At first I was a little afraid of all the traffic but after a few mid airs that end with no damage, you feel more comfortable. lol

I felt so comfortable with it that I was learning new maneuvers as i flew ie rolling harrier figure 8's about an inch off the ground. I wouldn't try that that low unless if I thought it might end the day for me as with a depron kit.

I think I will try to lighten up the tail a bit like Darrel did, his flew very well as well but all in all a great flying kit.

Thanks a lot and I hope to see all of you again.

Andrew.
yakityyak is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-08-2009, 06:52 PM   #139
3dflyer
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: marc.c
Radio of choice:
hitec a9,jr 9303
# of RCs: 20

hey andrew,glad you had a blast.it was nice meeting you.you are definately a talented flyer.hope you come out again.take care.

life begins under 10ft and ends at ground zero.
fly it like you hate it.
troy built sponsored pilot.
cambrain rc flyers
3dflyer is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-08-2009, 07:09 PM   #140
gbjets
RCC Pro Contributor

Andrew

We also had a blast watching you zip around that gym like there was no tomorrow. We learnt a lot from you and if you come back, we'll certainly be ready to learn so more.

Thank you Andrew and Michelle for being with us yesterday and today.

Here are a few pics taken today.

A happy bunch from our three local clubs, GSM, SMAC and Cambrian

Andrew who moved ahead of me to be closer to the camera

Andrew and the lovely Michelle, she also flew today and did very well )
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSCF4635.JPG
Views:	126
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	45700   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00212a.JPG
Views:	100
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	45708   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00209a.JPG
Views:	126
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	45710  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.