Blue Foamie - Page 141 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Indoor Flying Discuss indoor flying

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2012, 04:37 PM   #1401
gbjets
RCC Pro Contributor
 
I am: Gaston B
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Hanmer Ontario

Feedback: 3 / 100%
Posts: 1,852
Total Props: 5
Re: Blue Foamie


       Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitechflyer View Post
Let me know if you come down this way, I'll join you.

I still have the Sudbury trip in mind, I'm aiming for spring time.
You never know, sometimes I go down in some nearby arenas to teach refrigeration, If It happens, I'll certainly contact you.
Thanks for the invitation.
We also hope to see you soon.
__________________
Gaston B.
Hanmer On.
gbjets is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:20 PM   #1402
foamball
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★
 
foamball's Avatar
 
I am: Art L
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: London, Ontario

Feedback: 0 / 0%
Posts: 309
Total Props: 0
Thumbs up Re: Blue Foamie

Just took 6gr off the plane, case on receiver... Now it's 4.6 oz.. It's comin.. Thought I'd cut out the bottom openings, removing more weight.... Huh?
I know, taint anywhere near the 2.5oz Gaston said, but, what the heck, don't plan on any aerobatics yet, so, it should haul up fairly well..
Oh, by the way, my calculator, yesterday died batteries NFG, so new ones in and the weight was 4.8oz, but with the 6gr off today, it's now 4.6oz..
And Steve wants to build me a new one????? Heck, I can cut more off it, like take the connectors off the servos, ESC, and shorten the lipo lead, should drop it down to just above 3oz....
Eh?????????????????????

Last edited by foamball; 01-10-2012 at 12:25 PM.
foamball is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-10-2012, 03:25 PM   #1403
gbjets
RCC Pro Contributor
 
I am: Gaston B
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Hanmer Ontario

Feedback: 3 / 100%
Posts: 1,852
Total Props: 5
Re: Blue Foamie

Quote:
Originally Posted by foamball View Post
Just took 6gr off the plane, case on receiver... Now it's 4.6 oz.. It's comin.. Thought I'd cut out the bottom openings, removing more weight.... Huh?
I know, taint anywhere near the 2.5oz Gaston said, but, what the heck, don't plan on any aerobatics yet, so, it should haul up fairly well..
Oh, by the way, my calculator, yesterday died batteries NFG, so new ones in and the weight was 4.8oz, but with the 6gr off today, it's now 4.6oz..
And Steve wants to build me a new one????? Heck, I can cut more off it, like take the connectors off the servos, ESC, and shorten the lipo lead, should drop it down to just above 3oz....
Eh?????????????????????
Too bad you can't remove the paint...
__________________
Gaston B.
Hanmer On.
gbjets is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-11-2012, 06:41 AM   #1404
foamball
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★
 
foamball's Avatar
 
I am: Art L
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: London, Ontario

Feedback: 0 / 0%
Posts: 309
Total Props: 0
Re: Blue Foamie

Ha, well, maybe a soak in the bathtub would disolve the paint, ha ha... Nope, just have to go with the way it is now... Afterall, I did want a scale, sort of, ship, so it's looking like the one off "Extreme sBach's" It's EXTREME all right. Final weight........ 4oz... even.
Now, what prop?? Got a 5/3, 6/3 and a 7/3...... Lipo is 340mAh, 7.4V
All finished, just waiting for the 15th now...
Have you come up with a motor yet for it? And, have you any of those new servos??
Or do I order from HK???
Too bad you can't be here on the 15th, you'd probably hear some swearin!!
Cest la vie.......
Ha...
foamball is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-11-2012, 07:06 AM   #1405
gbjets
RCC Pro Contributor
 
I am: Gaston B
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Hanmer Ontario

Feedback: 3 / 100%
Posts: 1,852
Total Props: 5
Re: Blue Foamie

Quote:
Originally Posted by foamball View Post
Ha, well, maybe a soak in the bathtub would disolve the paint, ha ha... Nope, just have to go with the way it is now... Afterall, I did want a scale, sort of, ship, so it's looking like the one off "Extreme sBach's" It's EXTREME all right. Final weight........ 4oz... even.
Now, what prop?? Got a 5/3, 6/3 and a 7/3...... Lipo is 340mAh, 7.4V
All finished, just waiting for the 15th now...
Have you come up with a motor yet for it? And, have you any of those new servos??
Or do I order from HK???
Too bad you can't be here on the 15th, you'd probably hear some swearin!!
Cest la vie.......
Ha...
The motor I like is the C10 , the servos are HK 5320 but you have to use an
R415 Rx for those servos, Plush 6A Esc, you need a separate Ultra Micro connector to hook up the Esc to the RX and you'll also need a C10 prop saver. The AUW on my 23" was 2.75oz or 78g with a 180 mAh 2s Zippy.
At this time I only have a few sets of components promised for 23in complete packages.
__________________
Gaston B.
Hanmer On.
gbjets is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-11-2012, 09:09 AM   #1406
smoknrv4
RCC Pro Contributor
 
I am: Jonathan M
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Aylmer, Ontario
Radio of choice:
DX 18QQ
# of RCs: 20+

Feedback: 28 / 100%
Posts: 1,778
Total Props: 8
Re: Blue Foamie

Quote:
Originally Posted by foamball View Post
Ha, well, maybe a soak in the bathtub would disolve the paint, ha ha... Nope, just have to go with the way it is now... Afterall, I did want a scale, sort of, ship, so it's looking like the one off "Extreme sBach's" It's EXTREME all right. Final weight........ 4oz... even.
Now, what prop?? Got a 5/3, 6/3 and a 7/3...... Lipo is 340mAh, 7.4V
All finished, just waiting for the 15th now...
Have you come up with a motor yet for it? And, have you any of those new servos??
Or do I order from HK???
Too bad you can't be here on the 15th, you'd probably hear some swearin!!
Cest la vie.......
Ha...
Hey Art, spray it with acetone, this should clean off most of the paint.
Let me know how much weight you save. Hope this helps!
Cheers
Jonathan
__________________
Vintage Mini owner/lover
Better To Be divided by TRUTH, Than United In Error.

Elgin Flyers, St. Thomas, Ontario
Maac#45310
smoknrv4 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-12-2012, 07:10 AM   #1407
foamball
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★
 
foamball's Avatar
 
I am: Art L
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: London, Ontario

Feedback: 0 / 0%
Posts: 309
Total Props: 0
Re: Blue Foamie

Oh, spray it, I thought someone said Drink it!!
Too late anyway, all equipment is on, all is set for the first test flight, so, we'll see then...
And Gaston, something funny happened yesterday, I'll PM you to tell ya...
Art.
foamball is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-12-2012, 01:56 PM   #1408
gbjets
RCC Pro Contributor
 
I am: Gaston B
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Hanmer Ontario

Feedback: 3 / 100%
Posts: 1,852
Total Props: 5
Re: Blue Foamie

Quote:
Originally Posted by foamball View Post
Oh, spray it, I thought someone said Drink it!!
Too late anyway, all equipment is on, all is set for the first test flight, so, we'll see then...
And Gaston, something funny happened yesterday, I'll PM you to tell ya...
Art.

Hi Art
I'm pretty sure you'll find a list of parts you can get from HK on this forum, then, your new 23" should weigh the same as mine 2.75 oz, let me know if you need the links and I'll post them for you.
__________________
Gaston B.
Hanmer On.
gbjets is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-12-2012, 05:53 PM   #1409
hitechflyer
RCC Pro Contributor
 
hitechflyer's Avatar
 
I am: Hank U.
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Brantford Ont.
Radio of choice:
Futaba 18SZ

Feedback: 61 / 100%
Posts: 1,856
Total Props: 9
Re: Blue Foamie

Hi Gaston, have you checked out the Maidenfest under events, you might consider coming. It's at the Keswick club this year by Barrie. April 21st
__________________
Light is JUST RIGHT
MAAC # 51283

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gw97k...re=uploademail
hitechflyer is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-12-2012, 07:24 PM   #1410
gbjets
RCC Pro Contributor
 
I am: Gaston B
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Hanmer Ontario

Feedback: 3 / 100%
Posts: 1,852
Total Props: 5
Re: Blue Foamie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitechflyer View Post
Hi Gaston, have you checked out the Maidenfest under events, you might consider coming. It's at the Keswick club this year by Barrie. April 21st
I heard about it, wouldn't be a bad idea, Lee mentioned something about it the other day. I'm organizing our annual Swap meet that same weekend on the 22nd, I'll have to think about it, thanks for mentioning it.
__________________
Gaston B.
Hanmer On.
gbjets is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Location
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
vBulletin Message

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:21 PM.


vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.