RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Indoor Flying Discuss indoor flying

Old 06-09-2012, 02:23 PM   #1541
Real Gambler
RCC Contributor

I am: Real D

Total Props: 0
Re: Blue Foamie

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbjets View Post
Real
I had quite a bit of problems when I had an FPV with 2.4 for both, the receiver and the camera transmitter, damaged the plane a couple times. It makes a lot of sense to use 5.8. Please keep us posted.
Good job
Yikes, I still worry about using 2.4 and 5.8 since I think 5.8 harmonics could be strong enough to screw up the poor 2.4 receiver... For my big FPV airplane, I plan to go UHF for control (longer range, better immunity), and until now wasn't sure about video Tx... Higher frequency travel less, but this morning test convince me that it cannot be that bad. And even if video is not perfect, as long as you see something, it's still better than having a bad/weak signal on the airplane receiver itself...

Will do more tests with the Blue Foamie as soon as the wind die. It's nice to have a relatively cheap but so great airframe to play with. (and a backup if things goes bad! )

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 06-12-2012, 07:07 AM   #1542
foamball
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Art L

Hey RG, FPV eh? I was interested in a camera that could be mounted on a plane, and take videos of our flying around the field, plus other things... I ended up getting a Camera from HK, 30.00 bucks and am pleased with it's performance so far... Had mounted it on my old SAM model, Feather Merchant, on the turtle deck and when I did get videos, I found a million lines horizontally came up...... Yep, Prop rotation... Since then, have mounted the camera on the wing, above any prop interference.
A buddy of mine got the same camera quite a while ago and this bugged me and another buddy into purchasing one each...
FPV? Not yet, I have to get some OAS saved up for that stuff, ha ha, but in the meantime, the small camera is working great... Weight is 1.5 oz and has it's own lipo for power.
Further info on this one is in HK's "Camera" section, web site....
I liked the look of y our camera, but have a look at this one....
Incidently, check out YouTube, under Mr. ArtLane and you'll find the videos I've taken so far...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	A-CAM.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	154691  
foamball is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-12-2012, 07:23 AM   #1543
Real Gambler
RCC Contributor

It's too late for you my friend, you're doomed!... I also started by sticking a camera to my airplanes (and got some very nice videos from them). But the only next logical step from there is full FPV (view from the airplane while flying) and you got bitten!!! Started testing a GPS yesterday. I already re-inforce the Blue Foamie airframe (added CF going to cockpit to try to remove some camera vibration), and replaced my propeller (totally unbalanced after a few bad FPV landings on asphalt). By the look of it, the poor Blue Foamy may have to carry all the gear plus the GPS (that's relatively heavy) for some more tests. Will see how it goes.
Old 06-21-2012, 12:08 PM   #1544
AssassinXCV
RCC Noob

I am: Ian N
Radio of choice:
DX6i

It might be possible for me to get the Dow Fan Fold Foam 200ft^2 Plastic/Plastic for $80 each. Seeing as you get a hell of alot more material than depron, is this still a good deal? I've read post dated from 2003-2005 people getting it for $63 a bundle. Would be good to make some indoor foamies

Ian
AssassinXCV is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-21-2012, 02:36 PM   #1545
gbjets
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Gaston B

Total Props: 5

Hi Ian
Plastic on both sides is perfect if you don't plan on milling, there's another material that can be used, I'll bring it up in the fall, I already made a foamy with it.
Old 09-20-2012, 07:59 AM   #1546
foamball
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Art L

Well, now tha summer is almost over, I guess it's time to get back to this forum..
Am in the process of building the 23" sBach, boy, do I like this model..... If I can control the small one, indoors, like I've been doing with the biggie, outdoors, then I have something to be proud of.... Oh ya, and NO paint on this one, weight is of the utmost importance....
And thanks for the list of material you sent me, It's been a while since I've worked with this small stuff, but am in the process of ordering those servos you recommended...
Glad to have two forums on these models, one for the summer, biggies, and one for the winter, smallies.....
Fanshawe College is all set up for this coming indoor season, bigger gym, just perfect for the foamies...
Hope to see a goodly number of you fellows this season. We start November 11th, at 9:30 AM to 11:30 AM, then the balance of the season will be Saturdays, 10;00 AM to Noon.... (One per month, darn it!)
For further info, contact me and i'll be pleased to send you the application forms for our next season....
Art.
foamball is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-06-2012, 05:10 PM   #1547
gbjets
RCC Pro Contributor

Hi everyone
Hard to believe, some of you have already started a new season of indoor flying, it'll be -4deg C tonight around here, I've decided to fly in the gym tomorrow. I just can't take the cold as well as I used to
I have some very exciting news, A gentleman by the name of Xavier took on the enormous task of organizing a world class indoor event. I'll let him announce it in the events section but you can click on the link right now for more information. I'm hoping to attend as a guest
http://xavier.mouraux.com/indoor/eas...anada-f3p.html

Nice work Xavier
Old 10-07-2012, 08:21 AM   #1548
Real Gambler
RCC Contributor

F3P is not for me... Could not remember the whole sequence since my brain is already full of useless stuff!
Old 10-07-2012, 08:50 AM   #1549
uberjay
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Jason U
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX8
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 9
Thumbs up Re: Blue Foamie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Gambler View Post
F3P is not for me... Could not remember the whole sequence since my brain is already full of useless stuff!
I'm so dense I don't even know what F3P stands for... or F3A, B, or C for that matter . I wonder if the acronyms would make sense to me if I knew what they meant?

That said.... it does sound like a nice venue and I'm sure that those who know the acronym will have fun flying there . I'd go, but can't make it that weekend.

Have fun Gaston! Let us know how it goes.
J
uberjay is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:05 AM   #1550
gbjets
RCC Pro Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberjay View Post
I'm so dense I don't even know what F3P stands for... or F3A, B, or C for that matter . I wonder if the acronyms would make sense to me if I knew what they meant?

That said.... it does sound like a nice venue and I'm sure that those who know the acronym will have fun flying there . I'd go, but can't make it that weekend.

Have fun Gaston! Let us know how it goes.
J
I'll try to get some pictures and write something about it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.