RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Indoor Flying Discuss indoor flying

Old 02-20-2009, 03:36 PM   #181
gbjets
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Gaston B

Total Props: 5
Re: Blue Foamie

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullmax445 View Post
Try the Elmers foam core panels at Stapples at $4,86 each, you only have to soak it in the bath overnite with a little soap in the water so the paper on it peels up. The foam is very nice quality and only 5mm thick.
For one plane you need two panels. Good luck
Jp

Have you had a chance to try your plane yet. I weighed a 2x4ft sheet of Fanfold and it weighs 5.3 ounces, I wonder what Staples foam core weighs and also how durable is it compared to Fanfold.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 02-21-2009, 07:43 AM   #182
Flyinbullmax
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Jean Pierre
Radio of choice:
JR 7202
# of RCs: 12

Total Props: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbjets View Post
Jp

Have you had a chance to try your plane yet. I weighed a 2x4ft sheet of Fanfold and it weighs 5.3 ounces, I wonder what Staples foam core weighs and also how durable is it compared to Fanfold.
No i did not, i still miss a few parts to complete it, but when i'll try it i will give you some feedback.

JP
Old 02-21-2009, 01:46 PM   #183
ronljroy
RCC Contributor

I am: Ronald R
Radio of choice:
Futaba
# of RCs: 18

Total Props: 0
Thumbs up Re: Blue Foamie

Well, it has finally happened! Each input to this thread talks about an individual or members from one town, Sudbury to be exact! Perhaps zone meets are on the horizon for indoor flying. What happened was two fellows from Sudbury, Gaston and Rolly came to Timmins for a visit with their blue foam aircarft. It was a busy gym. We also had two juniors wanting to test their foamies, and we managed some success there, but more work required to get these two juniors flying better.

Keep an eye our for more videos likely to follow!!!!

Thanks goes to Gaston who might very well have started another trend, that of indoor flying meets. I'm sure it has been done before, but in our zone, this is a first time I believe it has happened. It would appear that the Timmins Group will have to reciprocate, and make a visit to Sudbury....right now the tentative plan is for two weeks away.

Do I hear trophies being awarded for the best scale? Maybe the lightest home built? Thanks for coming up Gaston!!

TTFN

"If it ain't broke, then don't fix it!!!!"
ronljroy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-21-2009, 03:36 PM   #184
3dflyer
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: marc.c
Radio of choice:
hitec a9,jr 9303
# of RCs: 20

Cool Re: Blue Foamie

glad you guys had a blast.i was suppose to go up with gaston as well,but had to take care of my little guy.next time.

life begins under 10ft and ends at ground zero.
fly it like you hate it.
troy built sponsored pilot.
cambrain rc flyers
3dflyer is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-21-2009, 03:55 PM   #185
AJCoholic
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Andrew Coholic
Radio of choice:
JR 12X

Total Props: 1

well, thanks to Gaston I am a member of the "blue foamie" club Some good flying today and a good Bull shooting session afterwards over lunch.

Thanks boys! We'll have to make a trip to Sudbury before the end of indoor season to fly with you again...

I think my eflight extra is going to be retired now Its a wreck anyhow! Onto the blue foam planes!

AJC
Andrew Coholic -MAAC #26287L

1/2A to giant scale, IMAC, SAM, R/C sport, turbine jets, Heli's...
if its got a wing or two and an engine - I like it!
AJCoholic is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-21-2009, 05:29 PM   #186
gbjets
RCC Pro Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronljroy View Post
Well, it has finally happened! Each input to this thread talks about an individual or members from one town, Sudbury to be exact! Perhaps zone meets are on the horizon for indoor flying. What happened was two fellows from Sudbury, Gaston and Rolly came to Timmins for a visit with their blue foam aircarft. It was a busy gym. We also had two juniors wanting to test their foamies, and we managed some success there, but more work required to get these two juniors flying better.

Keep an eye our for more videos likely to follow!!!!

Thanks goes to Gaston who might very well have started another trend, that of indoor flying meets. I'm sure it has been done before, but in our zone, this is a first time I believe it has happened. It would appear that the Timmins Group will have to reciprocate, and make a visit to Sudbury....right now the tentative plan is for two weeks away.

Do I hear trophies being awarded for the best scale? Maybe the lightest home built? Thanks for coming up Gaston!!

TTFN
Rolly and I had a great time, good company, lots of flying and good food afterwards.
Thanks to all the boys from Timmins for making us feel welcome and we hope to see you soon in Sudbury.
The pics are of the pilots taken this morning and the hovering foamies are piloted by Andrew Coholic, Rolly Pigeau and myself, Andrew did eventually catch up with us.........
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00240a.JPG
Views:	75
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	46477   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00248a.JPG
Views:	74
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	46478  
Old 02-21-2009, 05:40 PM   #187
gbjets
RCC Pro Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJCoholic View Post
well, thanks to Gaston I am a member of the "blue foamie" club Some good flying today and a good Bull shooting session afterwards over lunch.

Thanks boys! We'll have to make a trip to Sudbury before the end of indoor season to fly with you again...

I think my eflight extra is going to be retired now Its a wreck anyhow! Onto the blue foam planes!

AJC
We'll be waiting for you and I hope we can treat you as well as you did, thanks for lunch Andrew, it's on me next time.
It's too bad the photographer caught you on your way up but you did make it and showed us some excellent flying.
I was also impressed by Steve's awesome display of aerobatics, and by this older gentleman, Ron Roy....

Thanks to all the people who made our day.
Old 02-21-2009, 05:44 PM   #188
YAKFEVER
RCC Senior Contributor

Smile Re: Blue Foamie

I had wonderful day today with the Timmins Club.

Ron Roy and all members from the TIMMINS GOLDEN HAWKS RC MODEL AIRCRAFT CLUB have always been great hosts when visiting. I am very glad to have made the trip today just like every trip in the past. I am looking foward to the next meet.

Ron, thank you for the flying time in the gym, its to bad to here you are loosing such a good pilot, well at least Steve will be joining (I hope) in the North bay clubs.

Steve, great flying, I learned a few things from watching you today.... oh and I hope you like me wall tricks, just dont wreck your Million Dollar foamies doing it!

Hey Andrew, thats for lunch, oh and catch up next time!!! lol.

Rolly
YAKFEVER is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-21-2009, 05:47 PM   #189
YAKFEVER
RCC Senior Contributor

Talking Re: Blue Foamie

oh ya.... lol

thank you Gaston for taking me to Timmins!

Your welcome as well!!!!
YAKFEVER is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-21-2009, 07:01 PM   #190
gbjets
RCC Pro Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAKFEVER View Post
oh ya.... lol

thank you Gaston for taking me to Timmins!

Your welcome as well!!!!
Rolly
I had a pleasant trip, we'll do it again soon.
Thanks for the company

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.