RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Indoor Flying Discuss indoor flying

Old 03-07-2009, 07:37 PM   #271
chrismay
RCC Apprentice

I am: Chris

Total Props: 0
Re: Blue Foamie

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I got there pretty late but it looked liek you guys were having a blast. Thanks for coming down. I suppose it's up to us now to make a road trip.
chrismay is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 03-07-2009, 08:22 PM   #272
chrismay
RCC Apprentice

I am: Chris

Are those 2 cell or 3 cell Lipo's you guys are using?

Also have you guys stuck to the 6 amp speed control? Any problems there. Anyone using the 10 amp spd cntrl instead? Any noticeable changes in flight characteristics with the extra 3 grams?

Last edited by chrismay; 03-07-2009 at 08:31 PM.
chrismay is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-07-2009, 09:35 PM   #273
Jan Blom
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Jan B

We"ll never be the same but for what it's worth your welcome! I started drawing the templates in autocad today. I will be fun to run them on the CNC. One thing that occured to me is that I will be able to scale them easily, if desired. Today was a great day for outdoor flying, I went to the pond down the road and had 3 flights on my Flash, the Clik's big brother. It was so much fun I had to go back a couple hours later and burn some nitro in my Ergo 60.
Jan Blom is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-07-2009, 09:55 PM   #274
3dflyer
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: marc.c
Radio of choice:
hitec a9,jr 9303
# of RCs: 20

i had a blast also.it was a great time and nice to see old faces.no pun intended.chris were using 6 amp and ten amp speed controlers.also were using 2 cell lipos mostly 360-460 s.gaston bought a bunch of 3 cell 360 batteries and talk about power difference.it probably be a good idea to go to a larger amp speed controler.rollys motor and speed controler was getting hot with the 3 cell 360 battery.

life begins under 10ft and ends at ground zero.
fly it like you hate it.
troy built sponsored pilot.
cambrain rc flyers
3dflyer is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-07-2009, 10:01 PM   #275
YAKFEVER
RCC Senior Contributor

Smile Re: Blue Foamie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dflyer View Post
i had a blast also.it was a great time and nice to see old faces.no pun intended.chris were using 6 amp and ten amp speed controlers.also were using 2 cell lipos mostly 360-460 s.gaston bought a bunch of 3 cell 360 batteries and talk about power difference.it probably be a good idea to go to a larger amp speed controler.rollys motor and speed controler was getting hot with the 3 cell 360 battery.
Well, we where going to keep the "foamie super charger" a secret but since mark let the cat out of the bag........

We always used a 2 cell 360 battery to save weight. There is no bought that the 3 cell gives you better power but you need to make sure you have the proper set up.

I am currently using a 6 amp speed controller on my C%^K, with an 8x4 prop in can use a 3 cell lipo. We tried using a 9x5 prop, this works great with the 2 cell lipo but when using the 9x5 prop with the 3 cell lipo, the system is drawing to much power and like Marc said and the motor and ESC got HOT!

if using a 2 cell lipo, a 8x4 prop works justy fine... for extra power air on the wings for faster controls use the 9x5 prop.

If you want to go really fast, a 3 cell lipo is key but with only a 8x4 prop.

Some of us in the gym should stick to 2 cell with 8x4 because there is already to much SPEED!

Take care, and if your gonna hit make it a MID AIR!

C$$$K C$$$K

Yakfever!
YAKFEVER is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-07-2009, 11:26 PM   #276
yakityyak
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Andrew Collins

Well put Rolly!

And thanks to all the Northbay Boys for the good times!! What a blast flying with all those bugs and helis too!

Thanks again

Andrew.
yakityyak is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-07-2009, 11:41 PM   #277
GMACKAY
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Grant M
Radio of choice:
JR 9303 2.4,TACTIC TX650 2.4.
# of RCs: 200

Total Props: 13
Thumbs up Re: Blue Foamie

Andrew you cant catch the road runner,Thanks for haveing us northbay boys i had excellant
time.hope to see all at the zone fly this year.thanks again grant.
GMACKAY is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-07-2009, 11:43 PM   #278
gbjets
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Gaston B

Total Props: 5

Thanks to Jan and the Boys who invited us to join them Friday night, it must have been a shock to see so many foamies in the air at the same time, we see that often at our gym, we just bring more glue and sometimes more glue guns. Hopefully we're helping Canadian Tire to stay afloat during these hard economic times. We had a great time and we'll do it again next year if you invite us again
Old 03-08-2009, 09:40 PM   #279
AJCoholic
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Andrew Coholic
Radio of choice:
JR 12X

Total Props: 1

Gaston,
I put 7 flights in on my blue foamy I got from you this past Saturday. I really like the plane, and it flies great!

I did notice, compared to the fancy foam biplane I have (with an AXI motor) the same 2 cell 350mah battery doesnt seem to last as long or provide as much vertical power... so, since they both use the same GWS 8x4 prop I took the AXI off of the bipe and put it onto the blue foamy.... I am interested to see how the same plane flies now with the AXI... and if I get more vertical, and longer battery times, or the same, or worse.

Its going to be some time however before I get to test it, as the next few weeks are tied up and no flying will be done

AJC
Andrew Coholic -MAAC #26287L

1/2A to giant scale, IMAC, SAM, R/C sport, turbine jets, Heli's...
if its got a wing or two and an engine - I like it!
AJCoholic is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-08-2009, 10:01 PM   #280
Rotary R/C
RCC Noob

Hey Andrew, thanks for the tips today. Because I'm still fairly new it seems to be fairly easy (if that's what you can call it) to push myself in both directions before I learn too many bad habits of sticking with one direction It was nice to finally meet you, also. Gaston can't stop saying enough good things about you!

Marc Du Bois
Rotary R/C is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.