RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Indoor Flying Discuss indoor flying

Old 03-18-2009, 07:22 PM   #321
gbjets
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Gaston B

Total Props: 5
Re: Blue Foamie

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Andrew

Thanks for the funny video, pretty good job considering I was more often running into things than actual flying, you still managed to make it bearable to watch. I also like the way you took the pictures at the end of the video, there's a career for you in the film industry.

Thanks Andrew

Last edited by gbjets; 03-18-2009 at 07:27 PM.
gbjets is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 03-18-2009, 07:53 PM   #322
gbjets
RCC Pro Contributor

Hi JP (Bullmax)

I'll be teaching a refrigeration course in Ottawa starting March 30th for four days, if you want to meet me I'll make a foamie this week and bring it with me plus a couple sheets of fanfold at no cost, all you'll have to do is install your components, let me know if you're interested. I can also bring one of my foamies which you can try in a local park.

Last edited by gbjets; 03-18-2009 at 08:10 PM.
Old 03-19-2009, 07:40 AM   #323
hsh
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Hugh H.
Radio of choice:
Futaba 18MZ & 10CAP

Total Props: 1

Nice job on the video Andrew. You have great patience to get that much flight time from Gas with no accidents. Also, there were no shots of him at the glue center adding weight, testing different Glick weights and the affects on battery time. (some of his Glicks have had a lot of glue)
Seriously though, you caught his essence, he is a very generous man who is great fun and just a big kid when it comes to Blue Foam and Glicks. He is also pretty good with with planes that use Glow Fuel, Gas and Jet Fuel.
See you next time you're in th Great White North.
Hugh
hsh is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-19-2009, 04:35 PM   #324
Flyinbullmax
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Jean Pierre
Radio of choice:
JR 7202
# of RCs: 12

Total Props: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbjets View Post
Hi JP (Bullmax)

I'll be teaching a refrigeration course in Ottawa starting March 30th for four days, if you want to meet me I'll make a foamie this week and bring it with me plus a couple sheets of fanfold at no cost, all you'll have to do is install your components, let me know if you're interested. I can also bring one of my foamies which you can try in a local park.
How great it would have been, Gaston. These days are pretty busy for me, work, work, overtime, apointements here and there, my working shift for that week will be afternoons and i'll be overlaping the day shift to cover for missing people at work. This week exeptionnally i'm on days and i'll be attending to a indoor flying session tonite. I'll keep you up to date on my experience.
Old 03-19-2009, 11:26 PM   #325
Flyinbullmax
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Jean Pierre
Radio of choice:
JR 7202
# of RCs: 12

Total Props: 3

Woooowww, not easy, i already need a new one, the motor pod is ruined the wings are broken, landing gear did not stand very long either. But it flys, i'm not used to fly so low and confined with a roof and walls. But i'll get it. Lots of fun, Thanks for sharing.
JP
Old 03-20-2009, 07:20 AM   #326
gbjets
RCC Pro Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullmax445 View Post
Woooowww, not easy, i already need a new one, the motor pod is ruined the wings are broken, landing gear did not stand very long either. But it flys, i'm not used to fly so low and confined with a roof and walls. But i'll get it. Lots of fun, Thanks for sharing.
JP
JP
Sorry to hear about your mishap, I might visit my uncle in Montreal while I'm teaching in Ottawa in a couple weeks, if I do I'll bring a couple of precut blue foamies, as far as I can tell, it's the only super tuff material to use, we probably hit things 10 to 20 times before we have to buid a new one.
I'll bring them with me to Ottawa regardless. Send me a pm with your phone number and I'll call you.
Old 03-21-2009, 07:49 PM   #327
AJCoholic
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Andrew Coholic
Radio of choice:
JR 12X

Total Props: 1

Hey this is the "other" Andrew.... from Kirkland Lake!

I managed to haul my butt out of bed this morning shortly after 7am (after getting home from the bar by 2:30am) and drive up to Timmins for some indoor action with my blue foamie and the new AXI motor and JETI controller.

Compared to the made in China one I got from Gaston, the main difference was a slight increase in both power and duration. Flying aggressively with a flitepower 2 cell 350mah pack, I got 6 minutes instead of 5. Vertical was maybe 10 to 15% more.

For the cost of the AXI and JETI - (well over $100 C) I would say its not worth it, but it was fun to try since I allready had the gear.

SO, stick to the cheaper stuff I guess, its nearly as good!

AJC
Andrew Coholic -MAAC #26287L

1/2A to giant scale, IMAC, SAM, R/C sport, turbine jets, Heli's...
if its got a wing or two and an engine - I like it!
AJCoholic is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-21-2009, 08:42 PM   #328
gbjets
RCC Pro Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJCoholic View Post
Hey this is the "other" Andrew.... from Kirkland Lake!

I managed to haul my butt out of bed this morning shortly after 7am (after getting home from the bar by 2:30am) and drive up to Timmins for some indoor action with my blue foamie and the new AXI motor and JETI controller.

Compared to the made in China one I got from Gaston, the main difference was a slight increase in both power and duration. Flying aggressively with a flitepower 2 cell 350mah pack, I got 6 minutes instead of 5. Vertical was maybe 10 to 15% more.

For the cost of the AXI and JETI - (well over $100 C) I would say its not worth it, but it was fun to try since I allready had the gear.

SO, stick to the cheaper stuff I guess, its nearly as good!

AJC
Andrew
Thanks for the info on the motor and Esc, I ordered some 360 3s batteries by mistake the other day, they gave very quick acceleration and very fast flying but didn't justify the added weight. I think the setup we use now is so far ideal but it doesn't mean it can't be improved, I always keep an open mind.

Last edited by gbjets; 03-21-2009 at 09:33 PM.
Old 03-22-2009, 06:07 PM   #329
gbjets
RCC Pro Contributor

Quote:
JP
JP

Thanks for the reply for your tel. no. I'll give you a call when I'm in Ottawa to let you know when I'll be going to Montreal.
I'll put a foamie together, including the carbon fiber, the landing gear and the motor mount, all you'll have to do is install your components. I wiil also try to bring a couple sheets of blue foam, I'll be driving my wife's Honda Civic, there's not too much room but it should be ok.
Old 03-23-2009, 09:17 PM   #330
gbjets
RCC Pro Contributor

Quote:
JP
JP

I made a foamie for you tonight, if you want we'll remove the components and put yours in instead, if we use yours, the plane is free, if we use what's on the plane all you have to pay is my cost, it even has a synthesized receiver, all you have to do is press a button to lock the receiver to your transmitter and try it when I go to Montreal. I will also bring some precut foam.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00269.JPG
Views:	56
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	48705   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00272.JPG
Views:	52
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	48706  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.