RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Indoor Flying Discuss indoor flying

Old 05-07-2009, 10:50 AM   #431
BillGreen
RCC Contributor

I am: Bill G

Total Props: 0
Re: Blue Foamie

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I recently put together a blue foam Click. Awesome flyer. Great slow aerobatics indoors.
I skipped the landing gear, haven't needed it yet and used pull pull on elevator and rudder.
Thanks Gaston for the tips, and Dennis Pratt for the templets.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 05-07-2009, 04:26 PM   #432
gbjets
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Gaston B

Total Props: 5

Bill

I'm glad to hear that you like it, did you use hot glue and how much did it weigh if it's not too much trouble. It certainly made our winter easier to endure. Thanks for letting us know and as you said, thanks to Dennis, it's all his fault, we're having a blast up here.
Old 05-07-2009, 04:32 PM   #433
gbjets
RCC Pro Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by imported_paintball_kidz View Post
Thanks,

Well i've flown right next to my dads car a few times and on the streets a bunch, i try to aviod flying when theres car around, but i was too excited. And when i have time i go fly at a dirt field a few minutes walk away

I do have a maac that i use sometimes go and fly as a guest at a club down the road about 5 minutes drive away, but it cost about $150 to join. And my dads way to busy and i dont fly glow/nitro YET.

P.S if you see the second video at the last 1-2 minutes the aileron linkage fell off so i had the slowest roll rate and hard to keep hovering with out torqueing
Hi
I looked at both videos and couldn't see anything wrong, I like the fact that you build them yourself and you also fly very well, thanks for the heads up on your Maac and the local club.
Old 05-07-2009, 06:20 PM   #434
imported_paintball_kidz
RCC Contributor

I am: tuan d

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbjets View Post
Hi
I looked at both videos and couldn't see anything wrong, I like the fact that you build them yourself and you also fly very well, thanks for the heads up on your Maac and the local club.
thanks, well if you look at 5:20 when im coming down to a hover and my dad catches it, the left aileron is aiming up when its harriaring down.
imported_paintball_kidz is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-07-2009, 07:05 PM   #435
gbjets
RCC Pro Contributor

Quote:
thanks, well if you look at 5:20 when im coming down to a hover and my dad catches it, the left aileron is aiming up when its harriaring down.
You did pretty good, even though it was a bit broken, your reaction was appropriate and no damage done. How are you at rolling circles, don't tell anyone but I can't do that yet but I keep trying.
Old 05-07-2009, 07:38 PM   #436
imported_paintball_kidz
RCC Contributor

Quote:
You did pretty good, even though it was a bit broken, your reaction was appropriate and no damage done. How are you at rolling circles, don't tell anyone but I can't do that yet but I keep trying.
I'm fine at rolling circles, harriers but on my rolling loops im scared to do it near the ground. Keep trying it took me over 5 months just to get it down.

Last edited by imported_paintball_kidz; 05-07-2009 at 08:15 PM.
Old 05-07-2009, 08:18 PM   #437
gbjets
RCC Pro Contributor

Quote:
I'm fine at rolling circles, harriers but on my rolling loops im scared to do it near the ground.
That's awesome, you're way ahead of me, I better practice a lot more.
I'll try more rolling circles at the field, there are no walls like the gym, I'll probably hit the darn ground, I'll let you know how I make out.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:59 PM   #438
BillGreen
RCC Contributor

I am: Bill G

Quote:
Bill

I'm glad to hear that you like it, did you use hot glue and how much did it weigh if it's not too much trouble. It certainly made our winter easier to endure. Thanks for letting us know and as you said, thanks to Dennis, it's all his fault, we're having a blast up here.
Used nothing but hot glue. Carbon fiber wing supports were 3/8 carbon tube split lengthwie with a knife. You can make them any thickness. Cheap and easy. Hinges are packing tape, 1/2 strips.
All up weight RTF is 170 Grams.
The next one will have depron elev., ail. ,and rudder. Also I picked up some carbon fiber for the supports. The blue foam control surfaces weigh 22 grams, the depron ones weigh 10. The 170 gram one has no bad habits. can't see the lighter one being much better but I'm sure I will be pleasantly surprised.
What weight have you been getting?
Old 05-07-2009, 10:24 PM   #439
gbjets
RCC Pro Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillGreen View Post
Used nothing but hot glue. Carbon fiber wing supports were 3/8 carbon tube split lengthwie with a knife. You can make them any thickness. Cheap and easy. Hinges are packing tape, 1/2 strips.
All up weight RTF is 170 Grams.
The next one will have depron elev., ail. ,and rudder. Also I picked up some carbon fiber for the supports. The blue foam control surfaces weigh 22 grams, the depron ones weigh 10. The 170 gram one has no bad habits. can't see the lighter one being much better but I'm sure I will be pleasantly surprised.
What weight have you been getting?
Hi Bill
Our AUW has been around 180 grams without doing anything special, on a couple occasions I've made the elevator and rudder out of Depron to lighten the tail but when you fly with another 5 or 6 guys at the same time in a gym, the tail section becomes very vulnerable, they don't do it on purpose, sh_t just happens. I find that even after having a few mishaps and adding quite a bit of glue, they still fly extremely well. Thanks for the information and happy flying. By the way , say hi to Dennis for me.
Old 05-07-2009, 10:57 PM   #440
imported_paintball_kidz
RCC Contributor

do you guys get your depron in canada?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.