RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Indoor Flying Discuss indoor flying

Old 11-15-2009, 09:22 PM   #541
gbjets
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Gaston B

Total Props: 5
Re: Blue Foamie

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Liberty Sport
Hey, Dan
It's the same airplane as last week, I just redecorated it.....
Just joking....at five bucks per plane, I can afford to make a new one every week. It's not me anyways, I keep getting hit...

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 11-15-2009, 09:33 PM   #542
Liberty Sport
RCC Apprentice

Total Props: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbjets View Post
Liberty Sport
Hey, Dan
It's the same airplane as last week, I just redecorated it.....
Just joking....at five bucks per plane, I can afford to make a new one every week. It's not me anyways, I keep getting hit...
I know, that is what makes it so much fun. Who cares if someone else shears the wing off your brand new white foamie. Thanks God for hot glue. My last blue one had an extra 10 sticks of glue on it before I traded it in on the white one.
It is nice to see so much creativity. Keep building them.

While on the topic of white foam. I am finding it more forgiving when crashing and the toilet paper tube engine mount is great for reducing damage to the front end. My son Daniel went full bore into the floor from the ceiling, broke the glue joint holding the wood motor mount and drove the motor into the toilet paper tube. No damage to the plane. He just pulled the motor out and reglued the wooden mount.
Liberty Sport is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-15-2009, 09:52 PM   #543
gbjets
RCC Pro Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty Sport View Post
I know, that is what makes it so much fun. Who cares if someone else shears the wing off your brand new white foamie. Thanks God for hot glue. My last blue one had an extra 10 sticks of glue on it before I traded it in on the white one.
It is nice to see so much creativity. Keep building them.

While on the topic of white foam. I am finding it more forgiving when crashing and the toilet paper tube engine mount is great for reducing damage to the front end. My son Daniel went full bore into the floor from the ceiling, broke the glue joint holding the wood motor mount and drove the motor into the toilet paper tube. No damage to the plane. He just pulled the motor out and reglued the wooden mount.
I saw that earlier today, he's doing well, it's nice to see young people getting into it and enjoy themselves so much, he had a smile on his face all afternoon, even while you were gone
Old 11-18-2009, 02:10 AM   #544
imported_paintball_kidz
RCC Contributor

I am: tuan d

I maiden my fancyfoam yak 55m today. Boy these indoor foamies are slow and fun. I hadnt had a chance to fly in over 3 weeks, but with these small things, i can fly anywhere. I may be attending an indoor event next week, so i will finally see what you guys are raving about, flying with zero wind.

+ "Fancy Foam Yak 55m - Outdoor hucking" via YouTube
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Last edited by imported_paintball_kidz; 11-18-2009 at 02:14 AM.
imported_paintball_kidz is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-18-2009, 04:33 PM   #545
gbjets
RCC Pro Contributor

[QUOTE=imported_paintball_kidz;655833]I maiden my fancyfoam yak 55m today. Boy these indoor foamies are slow and fun. I hadnt had a chance to fly in over 3 weeks, but with these small things, i can fly anywhere. I may be attending an indoor event next week, so i will finally see what you guys are raving about, flying with zero wind.

Hi

Very nice flying, it shows that you've been practicing, as I said at the beginning of this thread, the flue foam is only a stepping stone to a more expensive but much better model, congratulations.
I'm not at your level and might never be but I'm having a great time trying.
Thanks for sharing this video with us, by the way, I like the music also.
Old 11-18-2009, 05:25 PM   #546
imported_paintball_kidz
RCC Contributor

I much prefer flying with blue foam because there's no stress when flying with it costing only $5. Buy since moving I gave up my hotwire so I'm stuck with buying planes.
Old 11-18-2009, 05:42 PM   #547
Liberty Sport
RCC Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by imported_paintball_kidz View Post
I much prefer flying with blue foam because there's no stress when flying with it costing only $5. Buy since moving I gave up my hotwire so I'm stuck with buying planes.
Why do you need a hotwire with blue foam? It cuts fine with an xacto knife.
Excellent flying skills.

I don't lnow what is worse. Wind or 10 planes in the air at once. I tend to think 10 planes is more fun. It greatly improves your skills {not that your's need improving} and combat without a streamer is a blast. Like you said it is only $5 worth of foam.
Old 11-18-2009, 07:54 PM   #548
imported_paintball_kidz
RCC Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty Sport View Post
Why do you need a hotwire with blue foam? It cuts fine with an xacto knife.
Excellent flying skills.

I don't lnow what is worse. Wind or 10 planes in the air at once. I tend to think 10 planes is more fun. It greatly improves your skills {not that your's need improving} and combat without a streamer is a blast. Like you said it is only $5 worth of foam.
You got a good point there on wind or 10 planes. Over here in B.C we dint get the 1/4 foam you guys get, so I normally get 1/2 foam and slice it into 3mm and 4.5mm thickness.
Old 11-21-2009, 01:17 PM   #549
yakityyak
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Andrew Collins

Are you still doing breakfast on Sundays? What time.. I'll see you there and then follow you over to watch the chaos unfold!

Andrew
yakityyak is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-21-2009, 01:43 PM   #550
Liberty Sport
RCC Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakityyak View Post
Are you still doing breakfast on Sundays? What time.. I'll see you there and then follow you over to watch the chaos unfold!

Andrew

Yes we are. Fazoolies in Hanmer at 12 noon for breakfast then off to create chaos areound 1 pm at the French Hanmer High school just down the street. Shortly after DEC 1 we will be meeting at Cousin Vinny's.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.