Blue Foamie - Page 6 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Indoor Flying Discuss indoor flying

Old 01-24-2009, 07:30 PM   #51
YAKFEVER
RCC Senior Contributor

Total Props: 0
Re: Blue Foamie

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbjets View Post
Hi

I just found out that Rolly had to go to the States for a couple days on business and won't be back until Sunday night, I was looking forward to making a video with him but I'm sorry to inform you that it will be delayed for a few days. I also learned that Ron Roy from Timmins will be joining us for the building seminar on Saturday and fly with us on Sunday, we're looking forward to this weekend.
Hey Gaston,

I am currently in New York but I will in in Buffalo soon. I will Be in Toronto around 6am and should be back to Sudbury early after noon. Once I clear it with the wife, I will head to the gym and make the video. Please have everything ready just in case, I should be there. Well, take care, I will be in Sudbury Soon!!!!

Rolly
YAKFEVER is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 01-24-2009, 07:36 PM   #52
ronljroy
RCC Contributor

I am: Ronald R
Radio of choice:
Futaba
# of RCs: 18

Thumbs up Re: Blue Foamie

I am typing this from Gaston's basement, having built one of these today with Gaston's help. It is seldom that one meets another modeller with so much enthusiasm like Gaston. This foam building has rejuvenated our Timmins club. Mark Orr and I will be putting on a seminar to get about 7 more built by, and for for other members. After getting some commitment from the "7" members, Mark and I have ordered all the necessary parts to complete the models.

Gaston has done the same, but on a larger scale. If you are unfortunate enough to receive a defective part and then must replace it for another builder, you could be out a few dollars. A 10% mark up will see you stay about even. Gaston has put all his profit towards this club, another very noble gesture. He makes no money on this..

I strongly recommend that if your club "almost dies in the winter", try foam flying in a gym. Contact your local school board, most will be glad to have their facilities used. It helps them justify having a gym if more people use it. Hey!!! What have you got to loose....$100??? Not even, because you can still fly this aircraft at the field in the summer. Go for it!!!!!

"If it ain't broke, then don't fix it!!!!"
ronljroy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-25-2009, 12:03 AM   #53
gbjets
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Gaston B

Total Props: 5

Hi Rolly

I'll have everything ready, all you need to bring is your Futaba receiver, crystal and transmitter.

I'm hoping you can join us, Lee Prevost, Kent Fabbro, Ron Roy, Mario Gervais and Hugh Harrison will be with us also with the planes they just built at my place today, plus all the regular pilots, we might have to take a number. We'll make the video later in the afternoon when it's not so crowded.

Have a safe trip and we'll see you tomorrow.
Old 01-25-2009, 09:23 AM   #54
gbjets
RCC Pro Contributor

Smile Re: Blue Foamie

Hi

All in a day's work, will it ever stop, I hope not.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00146.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	44633  
Old 01-25-2009, 09:40 PM   #55
gbjets
RCC Pro Contributor

Hi

We had a great time at the gym today, we even managed to take some videos but I have to figure out how to post them, I'll talk to Rolly this week, he probably knows how.

We took a group picture but a few pilots were missing, we have the gym for 5 hours and some pilots show up a bit later. Four clubs were represented, Greater Sudbury Modelers, Sudbury Model Aircraft Club, Cambrian R/C Flyers and Timmins Golden Hawks.

Thanks to everyone who attended and everyone on rccanada, we'll try to post that that video asap,
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00149.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	44730  
Old 01-25-2009, 10:05 PM   #56
ronljroy
RCC Contributor

Radio of choice:
Futaba

heavens to betsy!!!! I didn't even get enough time to get back home in Timmins that this picture of the group is already posted. No dust settling on this group obviously!!!!!

Old 01-26-2009, 09:30 AM   #57
AJCoholic
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Andrew Coholic
Radio of choice:
JR 12X

Total Props: 1

Ron,
Good thing the price of gas isnt still $1.40 a litre..

Any more trips to Sudbury and youll have to join the GSM!!!

Missed flying this past weekend. But I look forward to seeing the strength of these blue planes "tested" again next Saturday

AJC
Andrew Coholic -MAAC #26287L

1/2A to giant scale, IMAC, SAM, R/C sport, turbine jets, Heli's...
if its got a wing or two and an engine - I like it!
AJCoholic is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-26-2009, 11:47 AM   #58
ronljroy
RCC Contributor

Radio of choice:
Futaba

Andrew, you didn't miss too much. Mark Orr who had the keys was sick with the flu and had to stay in bed. You were out of town, Steve was working, and I was in Sudbury. I am so looking forward to testing this new "stick". I flew it twice in Sudbury, and it's exactly what I need to "push my limits". You and Steve will have to try it. I'm sure you'll want one too!!!

Old 01-26-2009, 03:34 PM   #59
LEE
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Lee P

Total Props: 9

I have to thank Gaston for having the building seminar and providing a great plane and all the extras for a great price! This is by far the best indoor foamie I have ever flown and it is very durable as I proved with my midair, beam crash, wall poke and low level loop We had a blast with often 4 to 5 planes in the gym at a time (evasive manoevers were very evident) and the only reason I quit was that Gaston ran out of charged batteries that I could borrow
Seriously though, this is one great flying plane perfect for almost all aerobatics as it rolls true, has little knife edge coupling and hovers solid as a rock. Not bad for 10 bucks worth of foam!

Lee
Team Canada IMAC Worlds 2014
LEE is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-26-2009, 03:50 PM   #60
gbjets
RCC Pro Contributor

Hi Lee

Thanks for the post on the indoor flying, we had a wonderful time and we're hoping to see you and Kent every weekend.
p.s. the foam was only 5 bucks.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.