FS - Other RC Other items relating to RC you want to sell

Closed Thread
Old 02-03-2009, 02:18 PM   #1
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: AlexL
Radio of choice:

Total Props: 2
Classical guitar

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
This is a bit of Canadian history in the making. Darryl Williams, a German luthier who was trained at the Hauser Studio set up shops in Schomberg, Ontario with the ambition of producing Master Class Classical guitars. He used the finest materials available from Europe, and Spain.

I commissioned one back in late 1971, and received the signed guitar in 1973. Darryl eventually left Canada and was last heard back in Germany, and had not been in the luthier circle since.

This one is made of solid Rosewood side and back, maple top, Ebony frets, and ebony knobs on the tuners. bone saddle and bridge. There was a minor split at the joints on the lower top halves but was sent to Altayor (a master lute/guiter luthier) in Montreal for expert repair, and is not visible to the untrained eyes.

The guitar has a very strong Hauser design influencem down to the last detail (the wooden side brace is a continuous one piece instead of the sectional cuts to ease the contour when making it, the fan braces, size and weight, etc). French polishing instead of lacquer finish found even on some very expensive guitars these days.

Due to old age, I don't play anymore, but the sound and volume projection was brilliant then. It is in mint condition.

Hate to do this but if some young and up-coming guitarist out there looking for a Concerto piece. I am willing to part it for $5,000.00, exactly what I paid Darryl then. Don't want to sell it abroad (the Japanese and Americian will grab it just like that) so that it stays in Canada. I will throw in some strings (new in the packages) I have been collecting - mostly Spanish made with the sale. Together with all the musical sheets collected over the years

The least expensive Hasuer, if you can get one sells for $12,000 easy these days -

I don't think shipping is a problem, will climatize the case, and pack it for a safe journey, shipping at buyer's cost.

================================================== =======
RCC Classified Quick Rules

- Location & price is a must when selling RC related items. Update your profile!!!
- Use the feedback system after a sale / trade.
- Buyer Beware!
- One bump / TTT every 3 days.
- Classified rules here.
** Infractions will be passed out if rules are broken. Threads may be deleted.

================================================== =======

Last edited by AlexL; 02-03-2009 at 05:53 PM.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Closed Thread