IMAC Primer - Stratford, Ontario - Page 11 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Scale Aerobatics Scale Aerobatics/IMAC in Canada

Closed Thread
Old 05-31-2009, 06:21 PM   #101
Frank Klenk
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★
I am: Frank Klenk
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 2

Total Props: 17
Re: IMAC Primer - Stratford, Ontario

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
A big thanks to Guuume, Carlyle and the Stratford club for putting on the event. Very well organized. I enjoyed it. From the posts and talking with the new and upcoming IMAC'ers they enjoyed it too. Windy but we had a good time.
Frank Klenk
MAAC 32001L
IMAC 3698
MECA 4762
Frank Klenk is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 05-31-2009, 06:31 PM   #102
RCC Apprentice
I am: Kevin R

Total Props: 0

Thanks a bunch to Gume,Carlyle and the Stratford club!!

It was WELL organized, had a great time!!

rino is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-31-2009, 07:54 PM   #103
Alan Brace
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: Alan B
Radio of choice:
JR 9503
# of RCs: 10

I guess its been said before but it was a great weekend despite the wind, A BIG THANK YOU to the club, Guillaume and Carlyle also to the guys that shared there knowledge and taking there time in teaching.
Hopefully your wishes of holding the Nats there someday come true, as its a great field to fly at.

Looking forward so seeing some of the photos that the guys took.
MAAC 73408
Owen Sound Barnstormers
Bramalea radio controlled flyers
Alan Brace is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-31-2009, 09:05 PM   #104
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★
I am: Grant M
Radio of choice:
JR 9303 2.4,TACTIC TX650 2.4.
# of RCs: 200

Total Props: 13

thanks for the excellent time guys hope to see you soon.
GMACKAY is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-01-2009, 12:44 PM   #105
RCC Junior Contributor

Smile Re: IMAC Primer - Stratford, Ontario

Hello guys , any pictures??

stevedionne is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-01-2009, 01:17 PM   #106
RCC Contributor
I am: Sam Filippelli

As always, it's was great to see most of the usual suspects, and great to see so many new faces who are getting interested in IMAC. Guume, Carlyle, great job! and thanks for everything. By the way, I found a "c"

Sam Filippelli
MAAC # 40005
IMAC # 3534
samsrc is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-01-2009, 01:50 PM   #107
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: Guillaume Saucier
Radio of choice:
Futaba 18MZ

Thumbs up Re: IMAC Primer - Stratford, Ontario

Big Thanks to all of the pilots and helpers who came out to this year’s IMAC Primer.

Here's a recap of the weekend;

Friday started off early for some of us in order to prepare the field and concessions for the weekend. Club members Chris and Mike Bulhman, Rick king, Ted Kulh, Murray Zulauf and many others did a great job helping preparing the field on Friday.

Special thanks to Don Benner who supplied us with an awesome 4’ BBQ grill and a coffee pot. I must say Don is a trooper; he managed to escape from the Stratford hospital Friday in order to fulfill his commitment and drop off the coffee machine! Don suffered a burst appendix and was scheduled for emergency surgery that same day! Don you are a machine! Thank you very much! I said to Don; “when is your surgery?” he replied; “as soon as I get back”

Later in the afternoon more pilots started showing up for camping and flying.

Rick and Robin Kroeze from Chatham were the first to show up with their trailer followed by; Don McLellan and his son James (Chatham), the gents from Sudbury Grant Mackay and friends, Cliff Bailey and his wife, Ray Cofell and his wife and finally Neil Benjamin and family.

After a little bit of weather front came and went. Flying once again resumed. Don McLellan put on a real good show with his Aeroworks 42% Extra and smoke system. Carlyle also ripped around his Align T-rex 600 N putting on a good show.

The sun went down and the night flyers came out. A fellow club member Dave Carey brought out his Align 450 all set up with night blades and glow wires - very impressive.

During this time the camp fire was burning with good results even though the wood was a little wet (we may have used an accelerant)

The Ottawa boys (and girl ) finally showed up around 10:30pm. Let the Party Begin... LOL

Shortly thereafter a few new faces from Ottawa region also arrived; Eric Johnson and Phil Stang. I don’t know what it is with RC guys from the Ottawa region but they always show up with real cool airplanes and night flyers!! Very impressive!

Apparently Tom Hasty and Dave Rees have degrees in Pyro-techniques! (I’ll say no more)

At one time I counted 23 around the fire! Great times socializing with one another.
Guillaume Saucier
MAAC 42039 / IMAC 1980
" I will IMAC & Huck my Plane "
guillaume_s is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-01-2009, 01:55 PM   #108
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: Guillaume Saucier
Radio of choice:
Futaba 18MZ

Thumbs up Re: IMAC Primer - Stratford, Ontario

After struggling getting up after a late night around the camp fire (2:50am) it was time to drink some coffee and get things moving!

Ted Kuhl the president of the Stratford Model Flying Club was out early as promised setting up the concessions and getting the coffee and donuts ready.

Pilots started rolling in by the dozens! By 9am; well over 38 pilots had arrived.

We pushed back the pilots meeting to 9:30am in order to let everyone settle in.

During the pilots meeting we separated all the pilots into groups. We assign 5 experienced Team leaders; Don McLellan, Sam Filippelli, Dave Dietrich, Dave Rees and Tom Hasty. We then separated the “newbie’s”  into these groups for a 20-25 minutes segment on IMAC/Airplane setup talk and demo utilizing the Team Leaders airplanes.

We then separated the more experienced pilots to go and join these groups near the end of the Team Leaders Segments. The newbie’s now had a chance to have more experience pilots personally go over their own airplanes reviewing and giving them invaluable feedback.

From what I hear this really went well with the new guys getting lots of great feedback from the more experienced IMAC flyers.

The segment was followed by flying demos of each IMAC class from Basic through Unlimited in order to give the newcomers a good visual understanding of the figures from each class.
The maneuvers were called over the P.A. system by Sam Filippelli during each sequence.

The following Pilots flew class sequence demos;

Bryan Mailloux – Basic
Nicolas Pinzon – Sportsman
Tom Hasty – Intermediate
Don McLellan – Advanced
Nicolas Pinzon – Unlimited

These guys really did a great job demonstrating the maneuvers from take off to landing.

The field was open to flying after that with pilots trying out the sequences, many for the first time!

Lunch was cooked by Ted Kuhl in the concession area. Thanks Ted for taking care of the concession and all the helpers including Christine Buhlman.

Early afternoon Nicolas Pinzon (2009 Extreme Flight Championship Competitor) representing Canada put on a great 3D demo. Very impressive Nic and kick ass at the XFC we are all cheering for you!

Carlyle Anderson also flew a Heli demo with his T-rex 600N. The crowd really enjoyed this! Great job Carlyle!

Sam Filippelli also joined the demo team with his impressive giant RC Baja car. This thing is wild!!! Ripping around the runway @ approximately 40 MPH WOW! Everyone really got a kick out of it! Dave Rees also brought out his smaller electric RC truck to drag race against Sam.

Note to self; Sam’s 25lbs Baja car doesn’t stop on a dime! Sorry Beau!

Overall the afternoon went really well with lots of flying and socializing. New friends were made and everyone walked away with a great deal of knowledge.

Suisse Chalet was order in @ the field for dinner while others BBQ some steaks and burgers.

It did storm later (poor concession canopy) immediately after dinner and rained for a few hours after that.

Around dark, the rain stopped and we once again got the camp fire going. Thanks to a fellow club member Rick King who provided us with more fire wood!

More night flying Saturday night, including a 200 + L.E.D. airplane flown by Tom Hasty. The airplane unfortunately met a tree but survived with a broken prop and minor damage  (that was cool!)

A few more took the air including a Tyler Blackwell’s Bipe Foamy lit up by a flash lite! That works!

Special Thanks;

Again thank you very much to the Stratford Model Flying Club and all who helped out with this event. Everyone pitched in and really helped make this a success! I’m sure I forgot some names but thank you all very much!

Guillaume Saucier
MAAC 42039 / IMAC 1980
" I will IMAC & Huck my Plane "
guillaume_s is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-01-2009, 03:02 PM   #109
RCC Contributor
I am: Isabel D.

Total Props: 4

Wow Guillaume, sounds like a great event! Wish we were there... pictures anyone?

I can't believe the season is starting! Don't forget to pre-register:

June 13-14 Ottawa click here
June 20-21 Amidair (no relation to A mid air) click here
isabel is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-01-2009, 07:50 PM   #110
Level 2 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★
I am: Bill T
Radio of choice:
Futaba 18MZ

Total Props: 7

I can only echo the appreciation of the others. Thanks ever so much Guillaume and Carlyle for organizing this weekend. Wind was a pain but the comraderie and seeing everyone was absolutely great. Also great to see the enthusiasm of the newcomers.

I have always said the hardest thing about getting started in IMAC is getting that plane out of your vehicle the first time and flying in your first contest. Once you make that first step and realise how great the IMAC family is and how much help everyone will give you, it is easy to get hooked on it. Thanks again guys for a really enjoyable Saturday.
Bill Teeter
MAAC 5831 IMAC 3526
Hespeler Model Aviators Inc.
Assistant RD NCFR Ontario
NCFR Judging Instructor
Murphy's Law #4 - If you fool around with a thing long enough it will break.
Billpilotca is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.