RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread
Old 02-25-2009, 03:44 PM   #41
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: Al E

Total Props: 3
Re: MAAC Magazine

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
sure would be nice to actually be able to read a copy of the maac insurance policy. It's almost march and the full insurance document on the maac site at the moment (if you can actually download it as the link fails most of the time) is the 2007 policy.

In that policy (2007) signs are mandatory at sanctioned events, but only recommended for club fields. Has this changed for 2009?

and in reference to the magazine articles that started this thread....kind of hard to comment on them as modelers here still have not received their magazine. They must be on a wagon somewhere making their way to nova scotia.
Papa Sharptooth

Bouncing about the living room, my then three year old grandson declared himself "a kangaroo".
"If you're a Kangaroo, what is Grampie", I ask.
His reply: "you a dinosaur"

Last edited by astrofler; 02-25-2009 at 03:48 PM.
astrofler is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 02-25-2009, 04:34 PM   #42
RCC Contributor
I am: rob z

Total Props: 0

To get back to the point. If we present ourselves as dangerous we create a big image problem for ourselves. Combine that with our refusal to do anything about our noise issues, and we get what we have. Out in the middle of nowhere sites no one wants to go to and a very seroius image problem.
robonline is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-25-2009, 04:44 PM   #43
RCC Expert Contributor
I am: Roy H
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 14

Total Props: 10

I don't know about our 'refusal' to do anything about our noise issue. Our club is very conscious about our noise footprint. We already lost one field due to a new member who would fly a plane that was not within our noise limit when no one was there to monitor him. He is no longer welcome at our new location. All flyers at our field MUST conform to the noise limit set by the club or not fly. I have converted 100% to four stroke engines to lower my noise level to below 90dB @ 3 meters.
Lead, follow or get out of the way!
Arceenut is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-08-2009, 05:28 AM   #44
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Clarence C
Radio of choice:
Futaba 7C
# of RCs: 25

Total Props: 0

I guess all anyone can do is describe the problem (decline) and maybe not so slowly watch the hobby short go down the tube. Seems as far as everyone is concerned, there are no readily available solutions (which is needed). After all, you can't change human nature. Unlike the buisness end of the hobby sport, the membership has little to no incentive to bring in new members. Tick, tick, tick.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	00000009.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	47532  

Last edited by fliers1; 03-08-2009 at 09:38 AM.
fliers1 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.