Spektrum DX6i - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread
Old 02-24-2009, 08:57 AM   #1
RCC Expert Contributor

Total Props: 0
Spektrum DX6i

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Product Recall: Spektrum DX6i transmitters with date codes 807E, 808E, 809E, 810E, 811E, 812E, and 901E
Attention DX6i Users
On January 30, 2009, Horizon Hobby, Inc. issued a service bulletin for Spektrum DX6i transmitters due to a concern of potential issues with stick potentiometers. Consumers were strongly advised to conduct a test to see if symptoms of these potential issues were present.
After closely monitoring the situation, Horizon has determined that we need to physically inspect all DX6i transmitters with date codes containing 807E, 808E, 809E, 810E, 811E, 812E, and 901E, including those ending in "US", "UK", or "DE". The date code will be found inside the battery compartment.

If your DX6i has one of these date codes
•Stop using your transmitter.

•Click here to request a shipping call tag to return your DX6i to Horizon.

•You may also e-mail the Horizon Hobby Product Support team productsupport@horizonhobby.com to request a shipping call tag; please put "DX6i Transmitter Recall" in the subject line and include your shipping address, daytime phone number, and the date code from your DX6i.

•If you have any questions, you can call us at 877-504-0233.

•Only the transmitter needs to be returned. Please remove your batteries prior to shipping.

•Horizon will pay for all ground shipping within the United States and Canada.

•Each transmitter will be inspected for the issue, repaired or replaced if necessary, and returned as soon as possible. We will work as quickly as possible, but we ask for your patience.

•Due to the possibility of replacement, please document for your own records any model programs prior to shipping.

•Inspected, repaired, or replaced DX6i transmitters will have date codes ending in "CM", "LH", "HA", or "X". No further action will be needed on transmitters with those suffixes.

•Consumers outside the US and Canada should contact their local retailer or distributor. International distributors may be found here.
If your DX6i does not have the listed date code

•DX6i owners whose transmitters do not have the above date codes are still advised to follow the January 30th service bulletin.

•As with all R/C aircraft, please check your controls prior to each flight.
Horizon Hobby and the Spektrum team apologize for this inconvenience. Your safety and enjoyment of the hobby are our first and foremost priority.
If you have any questions please call 1-877-504-0233.
Palmer Johnson
Jabba is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 02-24-2009, 11:31 AM   #2
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: eric q
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: too

Total Props: 26
Re: Spektrum DX6i

Missed the click here shipping request, please add a URL.
desiderantes meliorem patriam
To err is human, to moo is bovine
moo is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.